General Discussion

dont come into this thread if you don't want to be depressed.
Aurora Moon at 2:59PM, Dec. 19, 2006
(offline)
because this is an thread about depressing things.

you can share whatever depressing stuff happens to you.

I'll start.

2 days ago….
My dad tried to commit suicide, jumped off an two-story building… amazing enough he survived, but he's in the hospital.it was a bit of a shock to me….

I mean, I knew that he was going though some really shitty moments, such as his back suffering so badly that he had to give up on his job (which he really loved doing, despite the fact that it was only basically cutting down trees or taking cares of trees in general).
plus some other personal details that I won't get into.

But… I never thought he'd become so depressed enough that he'd attempt suidice. He always were the guy who tried to look on the bright side, no matter what. or maybe he was just one of those guys who liked to cover thier feelings with jokes and happy things even if they didn't feel happy…. and he didn't just let people know about that side of him.

Im not exactly sobbing over the fact that he tried to kill himself, as seeing my dad and I aren't exactly super-close, but I'm still shocked and a little depressed.
After all, he's a pretty decent guy and I don't want him to be that way.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Juliechan at 8:41PM, Dec. 19, 2006
(online)

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out!

I worry about my dad doing something like that sometimes cause he frequently makes comments about how the world doesn't need him and stuff like that.
It would scare me so bad to know my dad tried to kill himself.

I don't mean to sound corny but if you ever want/need to talk I'll help anyway I can.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
ozoneocean at 1:45AM, Dec. 20, 2006
(online)
Ewww. That's Sad Aurora. Your dad is a realy silly fellow to let things get that on top of him, but sometimes things just do. I hope your mum's coping ok. He must be going through a very sad time.

I hope it's not hitting you too hard there. It's not a nice thing to have to deal with, even if you're not that close.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:25PM
Aussie_kid at 5:33AM, Dec. 20, 2006
(online)
I remember when I was 13 a kid I know tried to kill himself once. They asked me to talk to him since I had also attempted suicide once. Here was the problem, I was still suicidal. So we got talking and then he listed off all the bad stuff that was happening to him

- His friends were suffocating him
- His parents were upset he wasn't getting 100% even though he was in the high 90s

The things some people get angsty over is really confusing to me. I just left and started laughing. I told the psychologist what the problem was and she slapped me over the head for being so insensitive. Yeah, when a kid has parents who want their son to succeed and friends who care, it's a big problem. But when a kid is bullied on a day to day basis, it's no more than fun and games.

Now, physical pain I can understand, losing a great job maybe. It's probably the other details you won't get into that are the bigger factors. He needs to do what I did. Get an escape. Something that cuts you off from the world. Mine was videogames, then webcomics. If I hadn't escaped into those worlds and had a place where I could get out all my frustrations, I probably would have tried to kill myself again after my failed attempt.

So yeah, give him an escape and slowly wean him back into the world. It worked great for me and a lot of other people I know
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
Aurora Moon at 7:10AM, Dec. 20, 2006
(offline)
Aussie_kid
So yeah, give him an escape and slowly wean him back into the world. It worked great for me and a lot of other people I know

yeah. but that's just the thing. the situation that he's in right now doesn't really allow him for an form of escape, even into videogames.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
marine at 11:07AM, Dec. 20, 2006
(offline)
Maybe he should read really long fiction books, like lord of the rings, the bible, or moby dick?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
mapaghimagsik at 11:19AM, Dec. 20, 2006
(offline)
If he isn't seeking professional help, he definitely should.
Eunice P at 6:41PM, Dec. 20, 2006
(offline)
Depression happens to many people including me. My family has a history of depressing tales. I've got a lot of depressing things to write about my family including a family member who had already committed suicide or family members struck by incurable diseases, etc. but I don't think anyone would like listening to such things.

The fact is, depression can happen to anyone. I have some depression too but I don't go around the board throwing cursed words or whining about how miserable my life is (although I might probably unconsciouly it do but I try myself to avoid that). I keep a constant cheerful mood and I enjoy writing comics that could make people laugh or smile.

The world itself is depressing enough. Best remedy for a depressing world is to spread the smile through writing comics and generally behaving friendly and fun on the boards and towards other webcomic artists. And it helps to reduce depression when you keep in positive thinking.

So, keep the faith and do whatever you can to help your dad get better. Give a call to your dad. Tell him how much you really care for him and tell him to keep a positive spirit. Most of all, tell him that he's important to you as a family member.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
marine at 9:02PM, Dec. 20, 2006
(offline)
Time for more sad stories…

So my ex girlfriend found out she's three months pregnant. She's a really nutty sex freak, which is why I loved her. She seemed to really like my sense of humor (which often focuses on evil, black humor topics) and she had a really sweet laugh. Anyway she just killed herself. She'd attempted it several times before, but she's finally done it now. As someone who always says he's going to kill himself, I feel responsible for it. She tried to kill herself before, and a few weeks after I made a joke (she said if she had cancer she would milk it for all it was worth, I then said “like you did that whole suicide attempt thing?” ending our relationship) after that we've been off/on for awhile. She just came back into my life heavily addicted to drugs, saying she wanted to clean up. Now that she's gone, I feel like I've lost one of the few people I ever really connected with. The girl I'd been living with and I ended our relationship about two weeks ago because the girl who killed herself came back into my life in a strictly friendly way, but she was jealous and being a cunt. If someone needs me, I'm going to be here for them. Even if it was my most hated of enemies.

What a bad fucking day todays been.
LIZARD_B1TE at 2:15PM, Dec. 21, 2006
(online)
Aussie_kid
STUFF

I know someone whose like that. His parents are friggin' psychos! He's not allowed to do anything without his parents by his side. They forced him to become an Eagle Scout when he was 13 and after 8th Grade graduation, they moved across the country and sent him to military school for absolutely no reason. And kids are still laughing about it.

Kids like that can't have an escape because their parents are so controlling.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:36PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved