Random Discussion

HOW would you survive a ZOMBIE invasion?
THE D_KING95 at 3:28PM, Nov. 12, 2008
(offline)
I would go to a gun shop get some shotgun's and ammo and go to a food market and get all the supply's i need and hide out on top of a wall-mart.

!THINK LIKE A ZOMBIE OR FACE THE TRUTH YOUR DEAD!
THE KING IN THE SHADOWS.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
SeriousQuiche at 3:49PM, Nov. 12, 2008
(offline)
X3 I'm pretty sure there's a thread for this already somewhere.

and hiding out at wal mart is a bad idea because if they get in the exits up front you are kind of stuck. Not to mention being only one story.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
Bittenbymonk at 4:03PM, Nov. 12, 2008
(offline)
I hear that was tried in erm, dawn of the dead, yeah that was it. didn't they all wind up dead? yeah they did. in the long run, you'd just die, you need to find a long term solution.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:22AM
bravo1102 at 4:52PM, Nov. 12, 2008
(online)
There's already been a thread about this. Go back far enough probably more than once.

This would work for me:

Steady supply of diesel, 120mm cannister rounds and plenty of 50 cal and 7.62.

Why sit around and wait for the army to get there ala Shaun of the Dead. Hell be the army. The military would mop up any traditional zombie attack as quickly as they did in Shaun of the Dead.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
ozoneocean at 7:00PM, Nov. 12, 2008
(online)
Bah. You'd be better off with an older, smaller tank that doesn't use so much fuel as those big, heavy DU armoured monsters. :P

Unless your zombies are using penetrators… Who knows? Could be dangerously priapic. lol!

Some of those ancient Greeks depicted on pots and the Egyptians on hieroglyphs appeared dangerously aroused. Depending on how old your zombies are, maybe the Abrams isn't such a bad move after all ;)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
PIT_FACE at 7:08PM, Nov. 12, 2008
(online)
bravo1102
There's already been a thread about this. Go back far enough probably more than once.

This would work for me:

Why sit around and wait for the army to get there ala Shaun of the Dead. Hell be the army. The military would mop up any traditional zombie attack as quickly as they did in Shaun of the Dead.

now i KNOW there was another thread cuase that's what i always say!

fine…if you get a tank, i get Judge Dredd and Lobo as my body guards.
HOLY FRAGAROLLY!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
PIT_FACE at 7:09PM, Nov. 12, 2008
(online)
and an a-bomb.
ozoneocean at 7:24PM, Nov. 12, 2008
(online)
Well if we're being fantastic, I'd have a suit of space marine terminator power-armour from Warhammer 40K. I'd be armed with a pair of lightning claws so I could slash and slice my way though mountains of zombie gore and slippery zombie guts unharmed for days- as the suit keeps you safe and takes care of all the icky stuff…

Scheiden at 8:35PM, Nov. 12, 2008
(offline)
Some machine guns, a load of ammo, food, clothes. And I'm good to go. But my home have to be fully barricaded though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
Inkmonkey at 1:58PM, Nov. 13, 2008
(offline)
I think I'd go for piling a lot of junk at the bottom of the stairs of my place (the only reliable way in or out), then grabbing a bunch of supplies and heading to the attic. That puts me four stories up, and with the attic entrance closed no stairs up in case they get through the makeshift barricade. I don't think we could survive for more than a few weeks tops off of what non-biodegradable food supplies we have around here, but I also don't trust my ability to fight off zombies for a few hours to go do something more impressive. If the military doesn't show up and own the shit out of the zombie populous at that point, I'm probably screwed either way.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
kyupol at 3:12PM, Nov. 13, 2008
(online)
dont fear the zombies. fear the zombie masters.

They are very stealthy and very slick. :)
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
ozoneocean at 5:48PM, Nov. 13, 2008
(online)
kyupol
dont fear the zombies. fear the zombie masters.

They are very stealthy and very slick. :)
Hold your tongue zombie!
And stand still while I bonk you on the head :)

bravo1102 at 6:41PM, Nov. 13, 2008
(online)
For me tanking is not a fantasy for 11 years it was my reality. Getting a tank is not a fantasy. I know where they're kept, I know the guys at the base who do the keeping (I used to be one) and I know how to use one. I still have my M1 manual, plus the gunnery manual and you never forget all the drills.

“At this station you will clear, disassemble, assemble, perform a functions check and load an M240 7.62mm machine gun, any questions at this time? You have 5 minutes, go”

That picture was not plucked off the internet. That is my tank in Fort Drum NY at the sight calibration board. :)

And Ozone one of the reasons I'd go with an M1 is the 120mm cannister rounds and another is that the exhaust is very, very hot. The Skirts keep foregin matter form getting in the tracks (zombies throwing themselves in trying to mess them up)
JoeL_CQB at 7:02PM, Nov. 13, 2008
(online)
bravo1102

This would work for me:

“shotgun!”
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
ozoneocean at 8:05PM, Nov. 13, 2008
(online)
bravo1102
For me tanking is not a fantasy for 11 years it was my reality.
I know :)
I meant in terms of Pit Face's bodyguards. ;)
I liked joining in the fun of that. ^_^

PIT_FACE at 6:42AM, Nov. 14, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
bravo1102
For me tanking is not a fantasy for 11 years it was my reality.
I know :)
I meant in terms of Pit Face's bodyguards. ;)
I liked joining in the fun of that. ^_^

haha, you know what man. if friggin zombies start attacking, i think i DESERVE those bodyguards.

but while we're on the subject, hail to the king, baby.

Tacster002 at 7:34AM, Nov. 14, 2008
(offline)
SURVIVE a zombie invasion?! I am a zombie!

now if I could only get a relationship…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:06PM
NickGuy at 11:06AM, Nov. 14, 2008
(online)

thats how.

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
AQua_ng at 12:08PM, Nov. 14, 2008
(online)
All I need is a mirror and good acting ability.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
crocty at 1:25PM, Nov. 14, 2008
(online)
Wait patiently until 9pm
If I'm still alive, ask Dragonizer for tips on surving a zombie invasion.
If zombies get in my house before 9, I'd probably just hide under my bed.
THIS NEW SITE SUCKS I'M LEAVING FOREVER I PROMISE, GUYS.
NOT BLUFFING, I'M GONE IF YOU DON'T FIX IT.
Oh god I'm so alone someone pay attention to me
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
bravo1102 at 6:53PM, Nov. 14, 2008
(online)
We should have a contest to see who can name the most of the weapons in NickGuy's two pictures. :) Many are such rarities that I wouldn't want to fire them and others have unique types of ammo that would be nearly impossible to replace.

Though carting around the Russian Maxim M1910 on its wheeled carriage would be a lot of fun :)

ozoneocean at 7:08PM, Nov. 14, 2008
(online)
bravo1102
Though carting around the Russian Maxim M1910 on its wheeled carriage would be a lot of fun :)
I'm not sure where that photo's from, but those Russian troops with the nice PPSH 41 have a fluted water jacket on that machine gun… A Vikers style fluted water jacket.

You sure that's not a Vickers in a maxim carriage?

———–
Nope, you're 100% right. They put fluted water jackets on them like the Vickers, ha!

BffSatan at 11:08PM, Nov. 14, 2008
(online)
The cities will all be filled with zombies, I'd drive out into the middle of the Australian outback and live of the land.
I admit I'm not much of an outdoors person, but I'd have better chances out there.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
ozoneocean at 3:15AM, Nov. 15, 2008
(online)
The Aussie outback is pretty crap land to live off. It'd kill you slower than the zombies, but it'd still kill you. :(

Signz at 6:01PM, Nov. 15, 2008
(offline)
i'd probably find the person i like most and tell them i like 'em.

and then go off and get myself killed.

:D
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:36PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 7:24PM, Nov. 15, 2008
(offline)
I would have myself, and a legion of greek spartans at my side.
We would all be fully suited up.
I would have a huge sword, and crossbow.

And we would kick some serious ass, medieval style.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
Koshou at 8:11PM, Nov. 15, 2008
(offline)
a plane ticket to the pacific coast, then a raft to a remote, unpopulated island. wait for the zombies' bodies to decay into dust while surviving on fish and coconuts.

problem solved! :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
Mutation at 12:22AM, Nov. 16, 2008
(online)
I took this way to seriously, but hey! It's fun as hell to think about.
Sorry for the long post? XP

Actually, my basement is pretty awesome. See, there is internet access for a temporary amount of time, and I'd probably post online in my comic that I'm hiding from zombies inside my house, post my address and etc. The windows and stairs are easily boarded up, and there is a water pipe that is right there. I've got an old stove, or at least some sort of holes (maybe a window) to do smoke signals. Lots of wooden cabnets, and old couch parts. My corded phone is great ranged non-ammo weapon. My dadzy has a lot of guns, and we've got brooms and such. Emergancy food run things would be hard, but we live close to a school which has (ew) highly preserved frozen food. By hard, I mean an exit on a second story, or at least a form of look out. We'd have to get to our garage which has a second floor, which would involve busting through a wall I'm thinking.
But, where I live I'm in one of the bigger cities, and that's considered a suburb to some places.
(Singular mall, and it's really small, in example.)

Though, if Dead Rising taught me anything, crazy people would be the worst problem.

Which I could have a bag of brocken glass from the extra TV or two, a handgun, and a blunt object of choice. Not to mention I'm sure that crazy people don't have teams to much.
Also, I'd be teaming up with good friends and family, thus to expand our vast abilitys. And… I wouldn't eat my cat outa desperation. :/ If the zombies didn't eat them, I'd set her outside with a note attached. And pour food outside the window for her.
(The note would have address and be noted as a small survivor team. Also : “made in china” )

Everyone else I'm sure would be flying away, boarding up and military camps started. Which assumedly some would be searching out survivors. I'm not much of a fighter, but I've got a good memory for directions and everyone has a unique mind for ideas. I'm sure our house would get flags outside and such.
Oh yeah! Also, we've got bows, I'm sure we have arrows/can make arrows too. (Weapon and messages.)

I think overall: Set up system to survive without any doubts, and then make thorough messages. Once the area gets good enough, or our base. (Or get adopted by a military group.) I'd then go to setting up a system of ‘Zombie purification’ Or, just plain killing them off, finding out ‘why the heck are there zombies?’ and then proceeded to rectify zombies. Also, if there was some gas or something that ruined zombies or killed off a bacteria/virus/etc that caused it, and that was done. (Maybe we'd get to wear gas masks! n.n)

I think I'd most love looting. I'd hate being in a place a zombie could be, or fighting, or being around a bunch of them. Or being near a window. :/
But heck yes, looting. I'd also probably be grabbing canned food that I might not even like, just for the extra nutritional stuff.
Also, chocolaaaaaaaate.

If I chose a ‘stay team’ and a ‘go team’ it would be me and my dad going. (Mostly because I don't trust my mom and my best friend is staying safe! DX) We'd somehow find a way to connect to neighbor's houses, and check for anything awesome like guns in there. (You know, if they just left.)

Of course, if there was a public demand to get to a bomb shelter, I'd grab one game/all the data/memory cards/ the harddrive of my computer, then a bunch of canned food and go there. While I'm sure they have food already, it would be nice to have some of our own stuff.

Post zombie invasion would also be a fun topic, but I've already typed a lot.
Of course, I'm sure someone is going to point out a flaw in my thoughts with one word. :/

KALA-Dan! Reverse Trap!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
ozoneocean at 2:35AM, Nov. 16, 2008
(online)
Mutation, that's pretty exhaustive ^__^

I think the best anti Zombie strategy would be amazingly simple though, if you're up against the proper, classic mindless slow movers and not some silly recent Hollywood version designed to “update” them.

It's this:
What they do is seek out living creatures (mainly humans) to attack. Mindlessly and relentlessly, nothing else.
So, all you need to do is construct make a Zombie trap that doesn't need much maintenance. Apart from that, you'd probably be pretty safe from them in any dwelling with strong doors and windows. In fact you'd probably be pretty safe walking around openly on he streets as, never needing to kill a single one of them, as long as you were reasonably aware, them being mindless and easy to dodge, spot and smell. -Just stay out of ambush spots…

So, a Zombie trap:
-Construct a way into it; Some sort of passage that they can't divert from, and it's the only way in. Could be some sea containers with the ends cut off, a house with all rooms blocked except for the passageway through the middle, a deep trench in the ground with a roof on top, a road or train tunnel. whatever.
-Construct the trap at the end; could be a mashing machine of you were at a junk yard, could be a deep hole in the ground full of spikes, a set of flame throwers…

-Anything that can keep going for a while to help thin down the local zombie populatio basically. All you have to do is sit in there as bait, make sure it works each time, and it something goes wrong, kill the zombies in there yourself, close it off and fix it up for next time.

mishi_hime at 8:35AM, Nov. 16, 2008
(offline)
Get out of the main city as quick as possible and hold up at a farm with plenty of ammo.
Any abandoned places on the way I would loot for supplies, there's no way you'll get me near a walmart.
After that, i guess with the internet and radio I would figure out where survivors were moving and head there somehow, but not without a good party to back. Maybe call the few friends i have in other countries/states and see where it's happening.
I'm sure theres panic rooms or bomb shelters left from the war that are safe to go to.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved