Random Discussion

HOW would you survive a ZOMBIE invasion?
mike_mcpeeper at 12:43PM, Nov. 16, 2008
(online)
Even if a zombie invasion did occur, the U.S. military branches and police forces would easily be able to wipe out a bunch of sluggish corpses. But if it did happen and the military was not able to put it to rest…
I would probably just find an abandoned apartment on the top floor of a complex, and hole myself up there with food, guns, water, and ammo. And anyone who wasn't infected I would invite to stay so they could help. Then I would climb on the roof from time to time to create a system of blanket ropes that connect to the roofs of other buildings. And I would simply make these ropes from building to building until it reached a place with food. So when I began to run low on food I would just climb across the ropes to the store with food. And if the zombies happened to break down the bolted, locked, and boarded up door, I'd simply grab some of the guns, food and water and escape to the roof.
If zombies were to exist, why wouldn't they begin to eat each other? I mean, they're all made of human flesh, even if it is slightly decayed. So if they did just eat each other, the humans left wouldn't have a problem.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
EnviousEnvy101 at 7:06PM, Nov. 26, 2008
(offline)
1. Use anything that can be used to knock off their heads.
2. Don't split up.
3. Don't use fire.
4. For further information, refer to the Zombie Survival Guide.

=D Good luck with the invasion!
How long can you wait..?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:22PM
Inkmonkey at 9:23AM, Nov. 27, 2008
(online)
mike_mcpeeper
Then I would climb on the roof from time to time to create a system of blanket ropes that connect to the roofs of other buildings. And I would simply make these ropes from building to building until it reached a place with food. So when I began to run low on food I would just climb across the ropes to the store with food.

I'm not sure I follow this train of logic; how are you going to secure the blanket rope onto the other building in order to climb to it?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
supermathsbeaver at 5:37AM, Dec. 9, 2008
(online)
Like a ninja hookshot kind of thing. Right mike_mcpeeper? I would panic, curl into the foetal position and if they hadn't found me yet I'd work out a plan.
What kind of zombies are we talking about here? The Resident Evil slow movers, the Resident Evil Crimson Head Super Zombies, movie zombies (less powerful than Resi it seems), 28 Days Later running zombies, Dead Set uber aggressive zombies (and Davina Macall T_T). Some peoples plans seem only suited to certain kinds- we need to be prepared for all situations people! I like the sound of the trap but running zombies might clog up the whatever in their huge numbers ^_^.
I'm pretty screwed. Traditional zombies come out of the grave and I have a graveyard right next to my school and one near my home. If it was in school the Science department would be a good place for bombs, but if it was running zombies that would be SO HARD to reach. There I've made myself paranoid- I hope you're happy!
GREEN BURGERS KILL PEOPLE!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Shadow99 at 4:18PM, March 12, 2009
(offline)
I would make a blockage, Then i would call help with guns, Then i would shot for my

life!
DSCV. Bet you don't know what it means! Read coconut Voltage
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:32PM
Product Placement at 6:37PM, March 12, 2009
(online)

The citizens of necropolis thank you for the zombie post.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Chameloncholic at 6:55AM, March 14, 2009
(online)
Cannibalism probably.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
the2ndredbaron at 2:44PM, March 14, 2009
(online)
Well slow zombies the world is fine. Fast running zombies, we're screwed.

But as the zombie survival guide points out, invest in one of those suits that people wear when they research sharks. No way can the human mouth break threw that.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
lba at 3:29PM, March 14, 2009
(online)
Product Placement

The citizens of necropolis thank you for the zombie post.

Now I see why you're posting this everywhere.

I gotta pay more attention.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
dcole at 10:42AM, March 16, 2009
(online)
There is no surviving, man! Haven't you watched those zombie movies till the end? Dawn of the Dead, Resident Evil, all of them! The entire group of survivors dies eventually, with exception to Milla Jokovich.

So maybe the safest place to hide is somewhere inside her…

I digress. What I would do is try and turn myself as soon as possible - why delay the inevitable?
Daniel Cole
Writer/Artist, Carbon and Space
Magazine Editor, The Frontiersman
www.brokenfrontier.com
Twitter: @CarbonandSpace

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
Tedmund at 3:07PM, March 16, 2009
(online)
I'd run like a little b**ch :p
I eat BACONS :3!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:08PM
bravo1102 at 4:51AM, March 17, 2009
(online)
I'm still positive it'll end up like Shaun of the Dead with the Grenadier Guards/USMC etc showing up and blowing all the zombies away with great ease. I'd really like to see zombies taking on AH-64 Apaches and fuel-air explosive. They're the same as slow moving masses of unarmed human waves. Of course the quandry is how we poor souls will survive until that occurs.

Mr. Maxim's invention took care of them at the turn of the 20th Century. ;) I think it could do it again. That's my zombie survival plan. At least six people in a secure house with semi-automatic weapons, food and plenty of ammunition. A log blockhouse would be ideal, but enough lumber can turn a lot houses into that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
PIT_FACE at 10:48AM, March 17, 2009
(online)
Tedmund
I'd run like a little b**ch :p

HAHAHAHA! LOVE IT!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
PIT_FACE at 11:17AM, March 17, 2009
(online)
dcole
There is no surviving, man! Haven't you watched those zombie movies till the end? Dawn of the Dead, Resident Evil, all of them! The entire group of survivors dies eventually, with exception to Milla Jokovich.

So maybe the safest place to hide is somewhere inside her…

I digress. What I would do is try and turn myself as soon as possible - why delay the inevitable?

there was a cool part of an old issue of Deadworld like that.well no one hid in Milla, but this dude and his brother get attacked in the woods by the main villian, a talking harley riding zombie called King Zombie. i'm sure i dont have to tell ya what happened to his brother. but the other one tries to go the way you were talking about. heh heh heh.

sorry it's so hard to read, basically, the dude asks king zombie not to screw him up to much when he kills him so he can come back as a zombie instead of just being dead. KZ, very colorfully explains what it's like to be a zombie and says “is that what you really want?”
Billy goes “yeah”.
kz snaps his neck and says he's happy to oblige him, but he's gonna have a hell of a time goin through his zombie life with his head floppin around like a wet noodle. haha!

thought some of ya might get a kick outa this.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
lba at 11:26AM, March 17, 2009
(online)
bravo1102
I'm still positive it'll end up like Shaun of the Dead with the Grenadier Guards/USMC etc showing up and blowing all the zombies away with great ease. I'd really like to see zombies taking on AH-64 Apaches and fuel-air explosive. They're the same as slow moving masses of unarmed human waves. Of course the quandry is how we poor souls will survive until that occurs.

Even though this is a necroposted thread here, I feel the need to point out that the portion of the human brain that controls basic functions like breathing, survival traits and instincts, and is probably the only part actually keeping them “alive” at that point, is approximately the size of a large walnut. Good luck hitting it with a bullet that's on average somewhere between .25 and .5 inches across.
bravo1102 at 11:35AM, March 17, 2009
(online)
lba
bravo1102

Even though this is a necroposted thread here, I feel the need to point out that the portion of the human brain that controls basic functions like breathing, survival traits and instincts, and is probably the only part actually keeping them “alive” at that point, is approximately the size of a large walnut. Good luck hitting it with a bullet that's on average somewhere between .25 and .5 inches across.

I suggest you go out to the range with those bullets and shoot up some fruit or other models similar to the human head. A 5.56 goes tumbling end over end and creates some really nasty wounds. That walnut will be half gone. 7.62 blows out the whole back of the head (remember JFK? and that was only 6.5mm) The whole walnet is gone. 12.7? Forget about it, there is no head remaining.

You don't want to see what a dart an inch across going at 3000 fps does to the contents of a tank turret after penetration of three inches of hardened steel.

lba at 7:07PM, March 17, 2009
(online)
bravo1102
I suggest you go out to the range with those bullets and shoot up some fruit or other models similar to the human head. A 5.56 goes tumbling end over end and creates some really nasty wounds. That walnut will be half gone. 7.62 blows out the whole back of the head (remember JFK? and that was only 6.5mm) The whole walnet is gone. 12.7? Forget about it, there is no head remaining.

You don't want to see what a dart an inch across going at 3000 fps does to the contents of a tank turret after penetration of three inches of hardened steel.

I have. I'm a fairly proficient marksman with a .45 pistol. I also played airsoft for 2 years, and let me say that in my experience it can be quite difficult to hit a human head even when it's moving at a walk beyond 10-15 yards especially if that head is alert to your presence. I'm just saying that the whole “shoot it in the head” bit can be a little over-exaggerated when they start showing some average Joe blowing out the undead's brains from 30 yards with a .22. Granted, if you nail a person in the head with a 12.7 mm round or even a 5.56 mm it's going to cause a mess, but in my experience a lot of people have a hard time hitting that head to begin with.

I'm not going to argue it, since my experience is probably quite different from yours. I just think there's probably an easier way.
ozoneocean at 7:42PM, March 17, 2009
(online)
lba
shoot it in the head
Well, they are zombies… You could sort of just keep your machine gun trained at head hieght and swep side to side…
Infact, don't even worry about head height- just cut the buggers up any old way :)

That 50 cal = no head thing is bravdo. It'll splatter you, but one shot through and parts of the front of the skull stay intact. Mostly. Not the back…
Heads are tougher than watermellons.

Now a 20mm bushmaster canon on an Apache will chew someone up in a disgusting way, but although splattered, the body is still there. …as you can see from the infrared footage taken by those pilots in Afghanistan.

…hmmm those sorts guns against humans… I think countries all talked about banning that sort of thing even before the first world war. -_-

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Lonnehart at 1:33AM, March 18, 2009
(online)
I guess for the first part of my plan I'll move to Florida, near the Spaceport. When the zombie invasion occurs, I'll bust into the place and hope that the space shuttle is ready for launch. For as long as possible I'll grab a gun and load the shuttle full of food, repair equipment, and supplies. Then I'll rig the controls inside Mission Control so that I can just launch the spacecraft from the cockpit. I'll take just a few people with me; don't want the food to go too fast. I'll then launch us into space and stay there ‘til all the zombies are gone. Afterwards we’ll land and start the human race anew.

Of course, if the space shuttle isn't ready the base should have enough ammo to last a while…

What would foil this plan would be a zombie virus that has a long incubation time and can instantly transform its victim. Then the space shuttle would become a metal coffin for any survivors I took with me…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
bravo1102 at 5:00AM, March 18, 2009
(online)
I beg to differ with 12.7mm. You're confusing armor piercing with normal tracer rounds. In a mixed belt (which is what it was SOP to carry on the tank though it was time consuming to make up, but hey it keeps you busy) the armor piercing round goes through you, the tree behind you and the drywall behind that. Nice neat hole, but a big nice neat hole. Usually if it hits anything but the uppoer skull, you can't recognize the guy except for the dogtags. As for regular rounds, it's always the top of head blown off. I don't recall zombies wearing ballistic armor and helmets. Short controlled killing bursts, not long bursts like in a war movie, zombies don't respond to suspression fire.

As far as body shots, you're going to have an immobile bunch of zombies squirming on the ground . They're no longer a threat. Maybe not dead, but effectively taken care of.

Tightly controlled three round bursts at head height. This is not a full auto war movie. (with proper training on the range, not bee-bopping through the woods like airsoft players. Sheesh, put up an infantry section from Iraq and the veteran airsoft guys are toast in about an hour. Special forces, fifteen minutes. Not a pretty sight. The airsoft players get really pissed ;)

I guess this is the difference between personnel trained to break things and kill people and civilian types?
ozoneocean at 5:22AM, March 18, 2009
(online)
Baaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

I got m new cavalry sabre the other day. I'd use that. …after I add some extra padding to that hard grip.

My dad's still partly deaf from firing 50 cals back in the army. I wouldn't like to follow in his footsteps. :(

A normal .33 rifle is even too loud for me. -_-

Custard Trout at 5:24AM, March 18, 2009
(offline)
Weapons? Plans? Poppycock and silliness! All I need is a pair of good stompin' boots.

That's how you take care of zombies. You stomp 'em.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
ozoneocean at 7:40AM, March 18, 2009
(online)
None of my boots are stompy enough :(

Custard Trout at 7:48AM, March 18, 2009
(offline)
Well once the invasion starts, you could just loot some.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
ozoneocean at 8:11AM, March 18, 2009
(online)
Without stompy boots, I'll be unable to kick in doors and windows to do the looting. It's a vicious circle -_-

the2ndredbaron at 12:42PM, March 18, 2009
(online)
You know what goes good with the stompy boots, punching gloves. It is the prefect combo.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
seventy2 at 4:17PM, March 18, 2009
(online)
i'll just hole up somewhere and wait for the inevitable all encompassing air strike.

air force wont mess around, and send in butloads of guys to die or become carriers/infected, they send in three, in a supersonic jet, launched from about 600 miles away, 1200 if you got a tanker squadron ready to go.

but of course, that sceneario only works if the zombie infestation is localized, e.g. dead rising or 28 days later.

and of course, my getaway plan is also different from rage virus zombies, to traditional undead zombies. rage virus i think i'm just screwed. traditional, i can blast my way out/out run, etc.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
lba at 5:00PM, March 18, 2009
(online)
You know what? Fuck it. I'm not going to bother.
ozoneocean at 6:24PM, March 18, 2009
(online)
Zombie lba
You know what? Fuck it. I'm not going to bother.
What's that? I can't understand zombie talk… “Hrrrrrr, hrrrrrrm, grrragrrrlle”?

Those zombies aren't gonna get me! Poor lba. :(

seventy2 at 7:55PM, March 18, 2009
(online)
if iba goes down, what are we gonna do? he's our main debfaeniset

my whole plan of survival of the rage virus zombies revolves around him….how am i going to survive if that one pops up?
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved