Media Megaforum

"24" ??
AaronThomasNelson at 12:28AM, Nov. 10, 2007
(offline)
Anyone crushed “24” is being pushed?
I'm not promoting my comics. So, don't read them.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM
lothar at 12:53AM, Nov. 10, 2007
(online)
if by “pushed” you mean canceled, then i am pleased !! video store by my house has an entire wall devoted to the DVDs of that show right between the “Lost” shrine and the “Friends” wall !! and not a single copy of the Simpsons or ATHF !!!

BTW - how is this a debate topic?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
ozoneocean at 12:56AM, Nov. 10, 2007
(online)
In Japan Lothar? That's sad…
no worries, moved to the right place :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:28PM
isukun at 6:22AM, Nov. 10, 2007
(online)
After the last season, I wouldn't mind if the series got cancelled. Unfortunately, it is just being delayed due to the writer's strike. Season six pretty much destroyed the series, though. The situations got way too stupid and predictable and the whole story became too soap opera-ish. You almost expected Jack's evil twin to pop out somewhere. What I've heard about the next season seems to be a move in the wrong direction with smaller crises and more focus on personal issues.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
AaronThomasNelson at 11:19AM, Nov. 10, 2007
(offline)
isukun
After the last season, I wouldn't mind if the series got cancelled. Unfortunately, it is just being delayed due to the writer's strike. Season six pretty much destroyed the series, though. The situations got way too stupid and predictable and the whole story became too soap opera-ish. You almost expected Jack's evil twin to pop out somewhere. What I've heard about the next season seems to be a move in the wrong direction with smaller crises and more focus on personal issues.

I think the problem with the series (to speak generically) is that everything is really a variation on the first season. It's just yet another ticking time bomb scenario with different sets, and characters (yet with only one Jack Bauer) and an endless series of moral crises that won't stop Jack.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the show. (I'm actually getting an essay on “24” published in a book called Jack Bauer for President).

If the show does move in the direction you're talking about, I'll probably stop watching it.

Hawk at 4:55PM, Nov. 10, 2007
(online)
I didn't know 24 got pushed back. But I've got enough on my plate right now to not worry too much. I do enjoy the show, but it hasn't been as good since the first couple of seasons. It kind of runs by formula now and I can see right through. Still, I enjoy it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
AaronThomasNelson at 6:25PM, Nov. 10, 2007
(offline)
Yeah. The twist endings aren't that shocking anymore.
isukun at 9:04PM, Nov. 10, 2007
(online)
While they did stick to formula in some ways last season, things just got way too hokey for me with all the Bauer family BS. Plus the characters have completely gotten unrealistic. With the last couple of seasons, I've found it hard to believe that the government would ever hire the people in CTU to do the jobs they have. Nobody listens to their superiors, personal relationships between coworkers get WAY out of hand (like having Cloe working in the same department as both her current and ex boyfriend, who Ok'd that?), and people with severe social/home life issues tossed into high stress government positions. Add to that people healing faster than Wolverine and the helicopters and cars which apparently can bend time and space, and the thing just starts looking silly. For the next season, they'll be bringing back the dead. It also doesn't bode well that filming was delayed TWICE so the writers could do a full rewrite on the scripts.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved