Debate and Discussion

"to catch a predator"-- justifiable?
Mister Mxyzptlk at 9:11PM, Nov. 13, 2007
(offline)
subcultured
i thought you had to sign a release for people to show your face on TV, unless they changed the laws on that.

I'll bet the morons sign the wavers happily “I get to be on TV! Aint that cool!” They were dumb enough to go to a strange girls house with the hope of wild sex when everyone with an IQ higher than their shoe size knows entrapment crap like this is going on all the time.
My soul was removed to make room for all this sarcasm.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM
bbr at 2:56AM, Nov. 14, 2007
(online)
kyupol
lets just legalize pedophilia shall we.

Because its a lifestyle choice and the government has no right to tell you what lifestyle choice you want. Let us all stop this horrible horrible oppression of pedophiles.

It's morally wrong, rather than physically wrong, a fantasy is after all just a fantasy, however to act upon it, is wrong.
Kids are fragile things, and stuff like this would scar them for life.
It's morally wrong to consider murdering someone, but you only go to jail if you actually commit the crime, or actually attempt to put it in action.
It's morally wrong to consider robbing a bank, but you only go to jail if you actually steal money, or show up and threaten to shoot people unless they give you the cash.

Fantasy and reality are 2 seperate things, it's why such things are hard to define, let alone judge somebody for it.
So, what defines “fantasy, attempt, and reality”.
Can a reporter point out a pedophile, or must it be an actual police officer on duty?

In such a way the reporter is actually the person who did something wrong, as he was faking his an identity. (fairly sure this is not allowed)
There was a political party that stood for “freedom of choices” in such a manner that they wanted pedophilia to be considered at the same level as homosexuals.
There was a huge uproar, and the leading members were forced to go into hiding.
Still, people did vote on them.

This, shows 2 things.
1: It's pretty messed up some random guy could create such a party in the first phace.
2: It's pretty damn messed up that people actually vote on something like that, either out of stupidity or because they agree with his points.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:15AM
bobhhh at 3:01PM, Nov. 15, 2007
(offline)
bbr
In such a way the reporter is actually the person who did something wrong, as he was faking his an identity. (fairly sure this is not allowed)
There was a political party that stood for “freedom of choices” in such a manner that they wanted pedophilia to be considered at the same level as homosexuals.
There was a huge uproar, and the leading members were forced to go into hiding.
Still, people did vote on them.

This, shows 2 things.
1: It's pretty messed up some random guy could create such a party in the first phace.
2: It's pretty damn messed up that people actually vote on something like that, either out of stupidity or because they agree with his points.

I don't see where this discussion of homosexuals is relevant. Why do people always want to drag gays into pedophilia discussions. Virtually all gay men and women are predisposed to date adults. I think this tarring of the gay community, even by subtle implication has to stop. Remember, this show we are discussing was about heterosexual males attempting statutory rape with girls. Heterosexuals.

Gay people are no more perverts than straight people are. Period.
My name is Bob and I approved this signature.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM
Mister Mxyzptlk at 8:22PM, Nov. 15, 2007
(offline)
bobhhh

Depends on how you interpret the statistics and what the real percentage of gays in the population is. If you accept the standard percentage quoted by the media then gays, per capita, are 1 to 1 with straits for child molestation. If you believe as I do that the percentages reported are way low then it looks like they are actually less likely to molest.

But then if a teacher molests a student often they don't get reported. The union does all it can to cover it up and pay off the family. So the numbers of molestations in general may be even higher. But then we need to determine what the ratio of gay teachers to strait teachers is to see what the numbers are and gay teachers are so deep in the closet they are hiding behind the skeletons…
Aurora Moon at 8:39PM, Nov. 15, 2007
(offline)
Mister Mxyzptlk
bobhhh

Depends on how you interpret the statistics and what the real percentage of gays in the population is. If you accept the standard percentage quoted by the media then gays, per capita, are 1 to 1 with straits for child molestation. If you believe as I do that the percentages reported are way low then it looks like they are actually less likely to molest.

But then if a teacher molests a student often they don't get reported. The union does all it can to cover it up and pay off the family. So the numbers of molestations in general may be even higher. But then we need to determine what the ratio of gay teachers to strait teachers is to see what the numbers are and gay teachers are so deep in the closet they are hiding behind the skeletons…

……….. that's the kind of close-mindeness that keeps gay men with simlar/same jobs from even coming out. That makes me really sick, you know.

You don't get the fact that pedophila is just like rape.. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE POWER, NOT SEX. IT'S NOT A SEXUAL PREFFERENCE, IT'S AN ADDICTION TO POWER!!!
Homosexuality is not addiction to sexual power, it's an sexual prefference. it's like oranges and apples… you just can't compare them.

I've known some gay people, and they were no more likely to molest young kids than straight adults. In fact one of the reasons why they're attacted to certain genders is because of CERTAIN DEVLOPMENTS that adults of a certain gender has. And well, they're devlopments that children no matter the gender just don't have….Yes, little boys has penises but they're pin-size that they might as well as not be there.

One girl who was in high school with me… she pratively admitted to me once that she had attraction to well-delvoped mature women. She just had a thing for females that was a little bit older than she was, but not too old… if you know what I mean. She still also liked men too, but more gerenally she seemed to favor females slightly.
She now runs an daycare center for toddlers snice she grew up having a big family, and was used to being around very young children. I wonder how she would feel if some close-minded person found out, and then were all like: “Ewww!! she might be a female pedophile! I don't want her touching my preicous little susan!”

Do you see what I mean? It'd be downright moronic to think that an bisexual female who likes females who are slightly more older than her, might have tendecies to prey on minors. not seeing the logic here….

In the same vein, you shouldn't assume that gay men might go after young boys and so on forth with lesbains just because they like somebody of the same gender.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Mister Mxyzptlk at 8:53PM, Nov. 15, 2007
(offline)
Aurora Moon
that's the kind of close-mindeness that keeps gay men with simlar/same jobs from even coming out. That makes me really sick, you know.

You did read this…
Mister Mxyzptlk
then it looks like they (gays) are actually less likely to molest.

…and this…

Mister Mxyzptlk
gay teachers are so deep in the closet they are hiding behind the skeletons

…before climbing on your high horse?

My point was that gays are at least as likely if not less likely to molest than straits are. My point was that we can't be sure of how less likely they are because so many are unfortunately in the closet.

But don't let the details get in the way of your ranting and raving, you were doing so well.
Aurora Moon at 9:25PM, Nov. 15, 2007
(offline)
oh, sorry. I read it all wrong. it just came off as conscending and supicous towards the “lifestyle”…. espeically this part:

But then we need to determine what the ratio of gay teachers to strait teachers is to see what the numbers are and gay teachers are so deep in the closet they are hiding behind the skeletons…

sorry to say, but your post wasn't that clear at all. Now if you had worded it like this: “We need to compare the numbers of gays and straights to see which one is more or less prone to pedophila. Unfountely, a lot of gay teachers are so deep in hiding inside thier own closets, so we may never get a exact number.”
if you used that kind of wording instead of that run on sentence, then I might had understood you better.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
Hawk at 9:08AM, Nov. 16, 2007
(online)
Mister Mxyzptlk

Is the media-quoted number you're talking about 10%? That whole “tip of the iceburg” stuff?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
Mister Mxyzptlk at 9:10AM, Nov. 16, 2007
(offline)
Aurora Moon
oh, sorry. I read it all wrong. it just came off as condescending and suspicious towards the “lifestyle”…

Well, I'm always condescending, it's all part of the “insufferable ass” package. However I am not in any way opposed to homosexuality. I often think that the stats on the number of gays must be WAY off because of all the gay folks I hang out with. Of course it could be that along with “insufferable” I need to somehow add the word “incredible”. I'm told it's quite amazing to look at, but I can never tell without a 360 degree mirror.

Aurora Moon
if you used that kind of wording instead of that run on sentence, then I might had understood you better.

I doubt it. You had that high horse rented and paid for, you just had to use it. I understand, I'm a cheep Jew too.
Mister Mxyzptlk at 9:14AM, Nov. 16, 2007
(offline)
Hawk
Is the media-quoted number you're talking about 10%? That whole “tip of the iceburg” stuff?

Yes. Typically you see 10% thrown around. It's also the percentage of molestations done by admittedly gay men and women. But I think the real number of gay men is higher. I think the number of gay women is about right, they don't have as much of a stigma to deal with. I also doubt too many gay men are teachers. Most school districts don't like to hire single men and women because they assume it means gay so unless they are on the down low they don't get the job.
Poke Alster at 11:07AM, Nov. 16, 2007
(offline)
They just make up a number to try and scare you
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
TnTComic at 11:59AM, Nov. 16, 2007
(offline)
Aurora Moon
You don't get the fact that pedophila is just like rape.. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE POWER, NOT SEX. IT'S NOT A SEXUAL PREFFERENCE, IT'S AN ADDICTION TO POWER!!!

Look, I don't know who came up with that pop-psy crap, but its not true. Pedophilia is not about power, its about sex. Same as rape. They could simply beat up their victims, and that would satisfy whatever lust for power they desire. But they have sex with their victims. That's the form their crime takes. So to deny that it has anything to do with sex is simply baffling.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:31PM
Mister Mxyzptlk at 12:30PM, Nov. 16, 2007
(offline)
TnTComic
So to deny that it has anything to do with sex is simply baffling.

Not really. It's political. Thus it need not make sense.

You see, if we accept that pedophilia is simply another “sexual orientation” that we as a society are able to criminalize then it's that much easier to criminalize other sexual orientations. But by declaring it a mental illness you manage to explain its criminality without giving ammo to those who want to criminalize homosexuality.
TnTComic at 3:16PM, Nov. 16, 2007
(offline)
I don't see what one has to do with the other.
Aurora Moon at 3:27PM, Nov. 16, 2007
(offline)
TnTComic
Aurora Moon

Look, I don't know who came up with that pop-psy crap, but its not true. Pedophilia is not about power, its about sex. Same as rape. They could simply beat up their victims, and that would satisfy whatever lust for power they desire. But they have sex with their victims. That's the form their crime takes. So to deny that it has anything to do with sex is simply baffling.

I guess you failed to read the part where I said “Sexual power” in my post….. way to snip my post!
Having addiction to sexual power is much different than just having sex with somebody. They're not doing it to just simply get thier jollies off, they get it for the grafication the fact that they have all this power over somebody helpless. The sexual pleasure is just an added bonus to thier power over those helpless people.

Majority of pedophiles were abused victims themselves once long time ago… and once they start using the descrutivce methods that thier own abusers used on them (aka the sexual abuse), they start to feel that sexual power that they felt that they never had before when they were helpless before, and they start to need feel powerful. That's why the majority of time it's conidsered a form of addiction, and not a sexual prefference.

so you see, I was saying it wasn't like “normal sex”….. Just like how Rape isn't really “true” sex in the fact that it's all competely one-sided. It's basically just somebody getting high off sexual power by using non-consental sex.

You get me now?
Mister Mxyzptlk at 4:18PM, Nov. 16, 2007
(offline)
TnTComic
I don't see what one has to do with the other.

Then you're not a knuckle dragging cross cultist. Congrats.
bobhhh at 6:48PM, Nov. 16, 2007
(offline)
I think we're getting off topic here, the point of this thread was mostly about TCAP, which I still find troublesome for reasons I have flogged earlier in this thread.

You want to argue pedophilia and homosexuality(good luck) then you should probably start another thread.

my 2 cnts
My name is Bob and I approved this signature.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM
TnTComic at 5:35AM, Nov. 17, 2007
(offline)
Aurora Moon
You get me now?
[/quote

Eh, whenever I see “its about power” I get my dander up.
chii at 9:20PM, Jan. 3, 2008
(offline)
Chii thinks this:

I personally believe that, even though many of these ‘predators’, are definitely guilty of a crime, the news media had (or has) no right to the fate of the person.

Perverted Justice is most obviously an extreme vigilante group, frequently entrapping ‘perverts’ with situations that basically, any straight man would scramble to. They use deplorable and often illegal measures to do it with, blatantly ignoring it in the hope that everyone will blindly agree that the starts justify the means.

The point is, public humiliation, in my opinion, is already a much bigger crime than 90 days in a prison cell. Once that person's face is plastered to the television, all America will ever see is a pervert, thus destroying any notion that the perpetrator would ever redeem himself and recover. This makes the purpose of the American justice system null and void, as his chance for redemption is completely destroyed.

Ozonetold me to post this here… Oh lawd.
qdawg
Chii you are an everflowing fountain of lol.
Someone basicly said
Condemning someone for internet art theft… That's like saying that you hate someone forever because they took a shit in your toilet. Or something.
“With her +2 mace of unfriendliness… She hath slayeth The bunny.” -Chii :cat:
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
ozoneocean at 4:28AM, Jan. 4, 2008
(online)
That was a brilliantly thought out and worded statement.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:29PM
TnTComic at 5:44AM, Jan. 4, 2008
(offline)
chii
Perverted Justice is most obviously an extreme vigilante group, frequently entrapping ‘perverts’ with situations that basically, any straight man would scramble to.

Really? You like the 13 year olds, do you?

Ozone, you said the post was brilliant… you “scramble” to have sex with 13 year olds?
ozoneocean at 6:48AM, Jan. 4, 2008
(online)
I said it was a brilliant post because it is. That doesn't mean I'd apply what it says there to myself.

Man, I think Wuthering Heights is a magnificent book, but that doesn't mean I'd endorse Heathclife's behaviour. And CERTAINLY NOT some person's interpretation of that behaviour. ;)

What that means here:
*It's a well written post, and I said so.
*I don't agree with all the content, that includes the “scramble” bit.
*The “13 year olds” crack, is your own characterisation, Chii never mentions that.

Just being clear here.
Careful man, that style reminds me of that crazy Bill O'Reilly fellow…

TnTComic at 8:06AM, Jan. 4, 2008
(offline)
ozoneocean
*The “13 year olds” crack, is your own characterisation, Chii never mentions that.

To Catch a Predator uses 13 year olds as bait, so saying that they use a situation that any straight man would scramble to is simply not true. I'm straight. I don't dig on 13 year olds.
ozoneocean at 8:23AM, Jan. 4, 2008
(online)
No… They use 18 and 20 year olds as “bait”. They wouldn't be allowed to do that with 13 year olds. ;)

Didn't you know that?

As to the ages they pretend to be, I have no idea really. I saw some clips on Youtube… What is it? Sometimes 15, 16… 14? It's a mix.

So it's a deliberate characterisation, to represent what Chii says in an unfavourable light and unfairly malign her. A hatchet job.

Look, fair enough you disagree with what she says, that fine. I'm perfectly cool with that, but then pull out one part of what she says and crudely manipulate that to make her sound like a pervert, and also anyone that admires the quality of her writing? Wha?

You're better than that man. You really are.

————————————–
Heh, reminds me of that interview with O'Reily and a guy who's dad died in the World trader Centre attack. The guy says invading Iraq was wrong and O'Reily counters that he must be a terrorist supporter and a disgrace to to father's memory. lol!

There's such a thing as stretching inferences too far. It's not nice.

mapaghimagsik at 9:12AM, Jan. 4, 2008
(offline)
There is such a thing as letting your own outrage get the best of you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
TnTComic at 10:28AM, Jan. 4, 2008
(offline)
ozoneocean
Look, fair enough you disagree with what she says, that fine. I'm perfectly cool with that, but then pull out one part of what she says and crudely manipulate that to make her sound like a pervert

They pose as 13 year olds. The men respond to that. Chii said any straight man would.

There's no manipulation there, Ozone.
chii at 10:49AM, Jan. 4, 2008
(offline)
Look TnTComic guy. What I meant when I was writing was that they DO use some 20, 21, and older only to have a 13 year old at the door.

I was reading into the show one day and found this out and that's why I said that. I wrote based off some of the shows I've seen and the article I read. I'll try to find it again… Also to make sure the article was not fabricated I checked into more articles by other writers and many of them said roughly the same thing.

And just to clarify I do not in anyway condone the act of having sex or sexually molesting a under aged person in anyway… Not even the furry fandom's style of underage sex, cubs. I do not condone that in anyway nor find pleasure in the act of doing it nor knowing it happening.

Good day sir and close the book on this one, its done. Somebody shoulda warned ya.
((Oh lawd only two people get this line!))

Edit-Had to fix that weird text error…
qdawg
Someone basicly said
Condemning someone for internet art theft… That's like saying that you hate someone forever because they took a shit in your toilet. Or something.
TnTComic at 11:26AM, Jan. 4, 2008
(offline)
chii
Look TnTComic guy. What I meant when I was writing was that they DO use some 20, 21, and older only to have a 13

But they pose as 13 year olds on the internet. It doesn't matter how old THEY are, what matters is they identify themselves as a minor, and the dude on the other end identifies himself as an adult, they both agree to hook up, and the trap is sprung. Dontcha' get it?

Its the exact same as solicitation of an undercover police woman posing as a prostitute. It doesn't matter that the bait isn't what its claiming to be… that's the point of bait in a trap.

And for the record, I didn't believe you dig illegal chicks anymore than I believed you really thought most straight dudes do. I was just pointing out that your statement was making a logical leap that wasn't true.
chii at 11:36AM, Jan. 4, 2008
(offline)
TnTComic
chii
Look TnTComic guy. What I meant when I was writing was that they DO use some 20, 21, and older only to have a 13 year old at the door.

But they pose as 13 year olds on the internet. It doesn't matter how old THEY are, what matters is they identify themselves as a minor, and the dude on the other end identifies himself as an adult, they both agree to hook up, and the trap is sprung. Dontcha' get it?

Its the exact same as solicitation of an undercover police woman posing as a prostitute. It doesn't matter that the bait isn't what its claiming to be… that's the point of bait in a trap.

And for the record, I didn't believe you dig illegal chicks anymore than I believed you really thought most straight dudes do. I was just pointing out that your statement was making a logical leap that wasn't true.

>.<;;; Dood, once in a while they have had people pose as adult women only to have an underage person waiting at the door. Don't worry though I'm finding that link to the story(s). I should have bookmarked it or something. But I also understand that most of the time they do have people posing as underaged people and the guy says yes too it but once in a while they do it wrongly.

Also quote fix'd.

Edit: I'm also mainly talking about the times were they pose adults only to have the men that come over to the trap find an underaged person and a set of handcuffs.
qdawg
Someone basicly said
TnTComic at 11:47AM, Jan. 4, 2008
(offline)
chii
>.<;;; Dood, once in a while they have had people pose as adult women only to have an underage person waiting at the door. Don't worry though I'm finding that link to the story(s). I should have bookmarked it or something. But I also understand that most of the time they do have people posing as underaged people and the guy says yes too it but once in a while they do it wrongly.

Also quote fix'd.

Edit: I'm also mainly talking about the times were they pose adults only to have the men that come over to the trap find an underaged person and a set of handcuffs.

What the deuce? That doesn't make any sense. That's like if I went to a woman's house, whom i'd met at a bar, and her daughter opened the door and cops are all HUT HUT HUT PEDOPHILE.

I… I just don't believe that story.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved