Comic Talk and General Discussion *

...college dorm pranks...
LowResAtari at 3:59AM, Oct. 15, 2006
(offline)
If any of you have ever pulled a prank in your college dorm… I hate you right now. End of freaking story.

Twice this week, me and my roommate have been subject to pranks… fricking twice.

The first was a sign taped to our door covered in obsceneties…

The second was about an hour ago… and I am stark-raving mad because of it.

These guys forced our door open, and threw a large bucket of ice and water into our room… soaking… EVERYTHING.

A lot of my schoolbooks are ruined, a lot of my roommate's schoolbooks are ruined. His laptop is ruined. And now there's water…. every… freaking… where…

And it makes it worse that right now it is now 6 in the freaking morning… I had already had trouble sleeping… this doesn't flipping help… Now I'm sitting here… tired… and wide awake…

Seriously, though… if you have ever pulled a prank in your dorm… you've lost quite a bit of my respect…
99% of people would've finished this sente
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:47PM
kingofsnake at 7:16AM, Oct. 15, 2006
(online)
Heres how you get 'em back.

Never had the balls to do this myself.

You wait till 4am-ish (best prank time) you get some of that really heavy test fishing line, like 500 pounds. Then you go down the hall wrapping it around the doorknob on one side then wrapping it around the doorknob on the other.

And tie it off on either end.

Then you can either wait for morning, or pull the fire alarm.

Now about the whole ice water thing. You really should lock your door when you sleep. I mean seriously. an ounce of prevention.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
Corvin at 7:25AM, Oct. 15, 2006
(offline)
revenge is a dish best served with handcuffs and police officers.

that's not a prank. that's vandalism.

at least with the pranks my friends and i traded, nothing was damaged beyond what was used in the pranks.

Corvin
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:46AM
subcultured at 7:28AM, Oct. 15, 2006
(online)
that's B&E if you ask me
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:00PM
Vagabond at 10:08AM, Oct. 15, 2006
(online)
I believe the most I have been a part of in terms of dorm pranks is setting a wild (and quite irritated) armadillo loose into a fraternity hall.

Of course, this was only after they did something very similar to what happened to you where they filled a trashcan full of water, knocked on my friend's door, then ran away when he opened it up and gravity did its work. So we pretty much felt that ours was more stylish and therefore was an actual prank.

But, um… yeah. That's complete and total vandalism. Talk to your RA about it, then talk to Housing about it, then talk to Public Safety about this. Just keep on complaining, because if they actually forced your door open, then that is some kinda crime, and they (the people responsibile) are liable to replace everything that was damaged. Including the laptop.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
kingofsnake at 12:28PM, Oct. 15, 2006
(online)
Yeah I think everyone in college has pulled pranks, but most of them are harmless, like knock knock ass. was always a favorite of mine. Definately fun for the whole family.

or we would play dodge golf in the hallway. there were golf team kids in our wing, so someone would stand on either end of the hallway with a golf club and a tennis ball, and then some would stand in the middle of the hallway with a trashcan lid and a pot-helmut. That was really more of a spectator sport.

Once we left our door unlocked and someone stole our shampoo and the remote to our TV.

I've seen that trashcan dealie done before, but never have been a part of it.

Once we broke into my buddy Ryan's room when he was visiting his girlfriend and we took all of his DVD's out of the cases and put them in the wrong cases, and we put his pillow in his fridge and we used dental floss to rig a complicated pully system so when he opened his door his vacuum cleaner would swing in and hit him in the face (it didn't work though, it just sort of fell from the ceiling and broke, but whatever, still funny, especially considering his girlfriend dumped him that weekend because she's a lesbian now, which wasn't so funny at the time, but in retrospect is hilarious)

But destruction of property is something else. Once a laptop gets fried it stops being all fun and games.
Corvin at 1:32PM, Oct. 15, 2006
(offline)
kingofsnake
But destruction of property is something else. Once a laptop gets fried it stops being all fun and games.

and becomes the most exciting hunt of all: the hunting of men.

a vague literary reference, i know.

Corvin
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:46AM
kingofsnake at 1:51PM, Oct. 15, 2006
(online)
No the hunt of men is still a game.

Perhaps…the most dangerous game…
BigFishComic at 2:40PM, Oct. 15, 2006
(offline)
gosh.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:22AM
subcultured at 2:44PM, Oct. 15, 2006
(online)
just don't get into a clock tower with a sniper weapon. leave that to videogames.
J
LowResAtari at 6:03PM, Oct. 15, 2006
(offline)
The pranksters were caught a few minutes ago because someone followed them to their rooms after they were seen filling a trashcan with ice.

If I heard correctly, they confessed and are now facing quite a few fines.
99% of people would've finished this sente
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:47PM
mishi_hime at 6:31PM, Oct. 15, 2006
(online)
I've been pranked too.

but the pranks here are rly rly rly rly stupid!
All they can come up with are ringing people's doorbells and runnign away.
I mean, c'mon…….isnt that like 4th grade.
Somehow i thought in college we'd b past that.
*sigh* but i always lock my door! you should too!!
Signature.txt
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
Hawk at 6:45PM, Oct. 15, 2006
(online)
LowResAtari
The pranksters were caught a few minutes ago because someone followed them to their rooms after they were seen filling a trashcan with ice.

If I heard correctly, they confessed and are now facing quite a few fines.

I'm really glad to hear that. Few things get me angrier that hearing about people getting away with the kind of stuff they did.

I hated the one semester I spent in the dorms. I felt like I was the only person trying to get an education there.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
subcultured at 6:47PM, Oct. 15, 2006
(online)
you probably were
J
Ian Jay at 7:38PM, Oct. 15, 2006
(offline)
Jeezus. They do this sort of thing in college? I was hoping to get away from this.

See, my high school is full of bored rich kids, so naturally a lot of pranks get pulled– like stinkbombs in the hallways every month, or fireworks lit off in the main lobby, or whatever. Once there was this kid I knew who left his car outside on the street next to his house for a couple hours, and while he was gone a bunch of his “friends” sneaked up, wrapped Ceran wrap around his entire car, sprayed it with shaving cream, pooped on the hood, and left. And when this kid told the rest of us, he did it all nonchalant, as if people pooping on cars happened every day in his neighborhood. (Who knows? Mabe it does.) But the water-on-the-laptop thing is probably worse– you can wipe feces off, but water will damage a hard drive forever. Sorry, man.

~IJ
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
draxenn at 9:39PM, Oct. 15, 2006
(online)
having never lived in a dorm(my college was local) i was never privvy to being seriously pranked.
And with good reason too..most people who know me also know that I have a mean streak when it comes to revenge.
And I can wait a LONG time to get revenge.
And you can be guaranteed that it won't be half as plesant as the prank you pulls on me.

It also helps when you're bigger than most people who want to pull pranks. =D

(well, was bigger. =D)
Screw the money! I have RULES!
. o O ( Evil )
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
Adariel at 2:24AM, Oct. 16, 2006
(offline)
that prank was pretty mean, they should face more than a few lines, maybe a whole paragraph or *gasp* an essay!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM
Tantz_Aerine at 5:17AM, Oct. 16, 2006
(online)
That is an awful thing to happen to you. I am glad the guys were caught- and if I were you, I'd sue their *censored* and their family's *censored* and get my damaged goods' worth. It's not only the laptop. Everything costs- from the books to the rugs and the clothes and everything you have to keep the place remotely civilized. So I'd try to get compensation for everything.

Plus psychological damages.

Plus I'd try to get them to spring clean my room every week. For the next three semesters.

The toughest revenge is the one that comes in paper- preferably narrow, green slips of paper.

…I hope you are feeling slightly better though. Even a little bit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:06PM
Aussie_kid at 6:20AM, Oct. 16, 2006
(online)
I'm glad where I'm going, the people are a little more mature than that.

At the open day, the kid showing me and my mum around showed us the boy's dorm and found his whiteboard (Which is supposed to be for messages regarding mail and such) now had the message ‘Knock if you want buttsex’. He knew which kid did it and once I found out which room was the prankster's, I put my own little message on. It went along the lines of ‘I molest kittens’

Best thing is, no one can trace it to me, because they won't have any of my writing to compare to until March next year, which by then they'd all probably have forgotten. In any case, revenge is fun, but so are lawsuits
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
MagickLorelai at 12:21PM, Oct. 16, 2006
(offline)
v.v I HATE College dorm pranks. One night, when everyone was at a schoolwide dance, a bunch of assholes went around and literally trashed the girls halls. They took the trashcans positioned in the hallways, and upended them all over the floor. They trashed the bathrooms, by the same means, and deliberately clogged all of the toilets. They sprayed stuff all over the mirrors, trashed the kitchen, took all fo the food from the community fridge and smashed it all over the floor.This included the eggs that had been freshly dyed from Easter. To complete this, they poured beer all over the floors, and tore up the artistically done bulletin board that was set up for Easter by the RAs, who had spent SO much time getting it together. I'd been visiting a friend of mine, and came back SO GLAD that my door had been locked, because anyone who DIDN'T have their doors locked got doses of the same.

I have never participated in a prank, and I never will.It's stupid,juvenile, ruins important items….whatever. v.v I'm sorry about the prank pulled on you, and if it were up to me, they'd get their karma threefold.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
pshumate at 4:55PM, Oct. 16, 2006
(offline)
The water “prank” was totally uncool, and it led to damages. That's just horrible. And the obscenity sign is just lame.

I remember penny-ing someone's door (and having mine pennied) a few times. That's about the worst we did. That, and glue oven knobs on our window. Our dorms got very hot in the winter, so we strung up red lights on the ceiling in an oven pattern and glued the knobs to the window. Nobody was hurt, and it was pretty funny.

girl/robot - I'm a mean, mean man.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:54PM
Mimarin at 5:12PM, Oct. 16, 2006
(offline)
Why not go down to your local pet emporium and puchase some locusts, do I need to elaborate further?
Of course you will. All intelligent beings dream. Nobody knows why.

Also, tell random people they are awsome! it helps!
Rich at 5:14PM, Oct. 16, 2006
(online)
SuperGlue + Penny + keyhole = WIN!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:06PM
Ozoneocean at 5:57PM, Oct. 16, 2006
(online)
Erk. I wonder why they did that to you LowRes? DO they really hate you or something? Or were they just plain arseholes?

I've never had to live in a dorm…

I did play pranks on they guys I shared my studios with in art college though. That was fun. But I was never mean, the things we did were just funny… Like the time I found some REALLY bad artwork in the rubbish, it was all stupid pictures of naked women dressed up like nuses and stuff, drawn REALLY badly. I got them and stuck them ALL up over the walls and ceiling of this guy's studio. The worst ones were on the ceiling where he couldn't reach (the ceiling was about 12 foot high or something).
It was hillarious! People thought they were HIS artwork ^_^

and one time I covered his whole studio in toilet paper…
and one time I tied all his stuff together with string…
and one time at band camp… >_<

Blah. Those were fun days. ^^
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:24PM
Mimarin at 6:00PM, Oct. 16, 2006
(offline)
Satan himself
and one time I tied all his stuff together with string…
that one is pure evil, how exactly did that play out?
Of course you will. All intelligent beings dream. Nobody knows why.

Also, tell random people they are awsome! it helps!
Ozoneocean at 6:08PM, Oct. 16, 2006
(online)
Hillariously! Everything kept falling over it took him AGES to cut it all off.
He'd pick up one thing and five other things would tumble all over the place. He even fell over once. poor guy.

Thinking back on it, he must have REALLY hate me…

I never ruined any of his stuff though. Everything I did was easily reversable. That's very important when pranking. You NEVER have to ruin anything to make a good prank. if you do you're a moron.
yeahduff at 8:09PM, Oct. 16, 2006
(offline)
Never had time for pranks in college, being busy drinking and having sex and all.
Get yourself a lawyer and a gun.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:53PM
BigFishComic at 2:54PM, Oct. 17, 2006
(offline)
do people just not study in college anymore? what're all these shenanigans…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:22AM
Mystic Hand at 9:32AM, Nov. 2, 2006
(online)
These aren't pranks. This is all just stupid vandalism.

Creative people are getting rarer by the minute.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
Ozoneocean at 10:11AM, Nov. 2, 2006
(online)
Mystic Hand
These aren't pranks. This is all just stupid vandalism.
Not really. There's a difference and the stuff I mentioned was all in fun, with no dammage what so ever. All the people I ever ‘pranked’, pranked me as well. We were all good friends and had a lot of fun together.
Plus, it takes a lot of creativity to work out something devious, funny and non-damaging with the limited materials you have to hand, so I find your statement totally out of order.

Now, for the morons who threw water on people's compters and things: that kind of thing is criminal damage and assult.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon