Drunk Duck Awards

2010 DD Award FINALISTS!!!
JustNoPoint at 6:26AM, July 24, 2010
(online)
Please let me know if I messed up on a link. I do not have enough time to test them all this morning! Oh and CONGRATULATIONS to all finalists! To volunteer to be a judge or presenter please go here
*for the categories that only have 4 finalists there was a HUGE tie for 5th place and in these instances those comics only had 2 votes at most anyway while the other 4 garnered the majority!

*Best Dialogue
The Portland Express
Charby the Vampirate
Persona 3 FTW
Mob Ties
Shades

*Best Manga
Charby the Vampirate
Geminni
Death Brigade
WIRES 2
Mob Ties

*Best Website Design
The Portland Express
ScareCrow Lullaby
Shades
Charby the Vampirate
Mob Ties

*Best Superhero Comic
Essay Bee Comics Presents Fusion
Bad Guy High
Super Temps
Acrobat
Shades

*Best Sci-Fi Comic
Deadfingers
Edepth Angel
Mastorism
Maggot Boy
I Was Kidnapped by Lesbian Pirates from Outer Space

*Best Romance Comic
Geminni
Mob Ties
The Girl Next Door
WIRES 2
Simply Sarah

*Best Socio/Political Comic
Anatta
Shades
The Optimist
Cathy
MAG ISA

*Best Pixel/Sprite/Stock Image Comic
Lost Chapters Of Megaman
Moose Shoe
Pixel Plumbers
Pokemon Granite

*Best Photo Comic
WWE The Comic
Asshole
Lego Space
Attack of the Robofemoids

*Best Parody/Tribute Comic
Eff Eff Ex
Bad Guy High
the Many Deaths of Mario
AGENCY
Persona 3 FTW

*Best Overall Strip Comic
Pewfell
Persona 3 FTW
Geminni
Gelotology
Life and Death
Last Place Comics

*Best Overall Story Comic
Shades
Geminni
Maggot Boy
Mob Ties
Charby the Vampirate
Portland Express

*Most Deliciously Offensive Comic
Putrid Meat
Death P0rn
Last Place Comics
Kombat Kubs
Morning Squirtz

*Best Mystery/Noir Comic
Valentines Dei
The Rose Killer
Danielle Dark
The Portland Express
Used Books

*Best Layouts in a Comic
Shades
Acrobat
The Portland Express
Charby the Vampirate
Weave

*Best Humor Comic
Gelotology
Geminni
Life and Death
Mob Ties
Persona 3 FTW

*Best Horror Comic
The Midnight Tea Party
Demon Eater
Vampire Phantasm X
Charby the Vampirate
Maggot Boy

*Best Fantasy Comic
Weave
Endstone
Elspeth
Harkovast
Charby the Vampirate

*Best Community Project
Heroes Alliance
Off Hours
Crossoverlord
The Webcomic Review Comic on the Web
Drunk Duck Mafia

*Best Color Art
Denizens Attention
Shades
Geminni
Charby the Vampirate
Maggot Boy

*Best Black and White Art
Death Brigade
Weave
Lola
The Portland Express
Acrobat

*Best Background Art
The Portland Express
Acrobat
Harkovast
Shades
Charby the Vampirate

*Best Character Design
Maggot Boy
The Portland Express
Geminni
Mob Ties
Charby the Vampirate

*Best 3D/Poser Comic
Shaman Quest
House of Muses
3D Glasses
Death P0rn
blood bound

*Best Completed Comic
Imaginary Daughter
The Ends
WIRES 2
Shades
Persona 3 FTW

*Best All-Ages Comic
The Unthinkable Hybrid
Unlife is Unfair
Life and Death
The People That Melt In The Rain
George the Dragon

*Best Slice-of-Life/Autobiographical Comic
Geminni
Jonkos Picture Diary
Raw Fish
Simply Sarah
BLANK LIFE insert player rokulily

*Best Writing
The Portland Express
Mob Ties
Charby the Vampirate
Shades
Maggot Boy

*Best Philosophical/Spiritual Comic
Weave
signifikat
Shelter of Wings
Geminni
Cathy

*Best Simplified Art/Stick Figure Comic
STICKFODDER
Happyface Comics
Stickman and Cube
Persona 3 FTW
Go For it

*Best Adult-Oriented Comic
Death P0rn
Busty Solar
Emopuff Girls
Grind

*Best Abstract/Random Comic
Caggage
Last Place Comics
Ar Oh Ef El
Happyface Comics
Persona 3 FTW

*Most Improved Art
Harkovast
Mob Ties
Acrobat
Persona 3 FTW
Charby the Vampirate

*Best Anthropomorphic Comic
Zodiac
Magra
Mob Ties
AGENCY
Harkovast
Bear vs Zombie

*Best Adventure Comic
Charby the Vampirate
Shades
The Portland Express
Harkovast
Cwen's Quest

*Best Protagonist
MC - Persona 3 FTW
Sidney Burns - Mob Ties
Charby - Charby the Vampirate
Mika - Mob Ties
Davey - Maggot Boy

*Best Antagonist
Bengal - Mob Ties
Dr. Argon - Villain Next Door
Owen - Maggot Boy
Juichi - Raidou Kuzunoha the 19th

*Best Lettering
The Portland Express
Geminni
Shades
Charby the Vampirate

*Best Action Comic
The fighting stranger
Harkovast
The Portland Express
Acrobat
Lucky Dawg
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
Nicotine at 9:28AM, July 24, 2010
(online)
Yay! Feels good being nominated again! But I've got some great competition @_@.

Congrats to all the other nominees!

And, the link for “Raidou Kuzunoha the 19th” under the “Best Antagonist” category just leads to the main page.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
darrell at 10:13AM, July 24, 2010
(online)
All great comics which show off the talent on DrunkDuck. Congratulations to the nominees.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:08PM
JustNoPoint at 4:07PM, July 24, 2010
(online)
Thanks Nicotine! I knew I probably messed up on at least 1! :P

Also, I wondered this myself but since it has been brought up… Should the DD Awards count as a community project and be eligible for an award? I didn't really know if I should count it but there were a LOT of votes for it and I didn't expect that! Not to mention it was one of the categories where all the other comics that had votes only had 1 or 2 votes and were all tied (the ones not in the top 5) so I figured I'd go ahead and throw it in from last year's awards.

I can easily remove it if all of you think I should :)
harkovast at 4:57PM, July 24, 2010
(online)
I just dont think it can be judged in a non-biased way, since the judges are clearly going to be DD award fans (by the very nature of what they are doing.)
It would be like only recruiting Anthro award judges from people who regularly post on the Harkovast forum.

The DD awards ARE awesome and all those involved deserve recognition, but awarding a DD award to the DD awards is not the way to do this in my view.

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
usedbooks at 6:29PM, July 24, 2010
(online)
It is a great community effort, and I think it bears including. Last year's awards showcased a lot of DD community spirit.

Plus, as I recall, we allowed community project participants to be judges because the nature of a community project (esp. a good one with lots of participation) would include people who volunteer for things like this anyway. I believe nearly all the judges who volunteered for that category before participated in one or more of the nominated comics. – I imagine many of the volunteer judges we have this year have had some hand in at least one of the nominated projects too.

The judging discussion usually does a good job at checking bias, and judges tend to be good at checking their own biases too (many have a favorite they root for despite whom the panel ends up choosing; we are all DDers and readers). I don't think it should be blackballed as a nomination nor do I think people who participated in any of the nominations should be DQed from judging either. Like I said, we made an exception for that category in previous years, and I think we got fair results.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
Catya at 7:05PM, July 24, 2010
(online)
Yay,Magra is NOMINATED :D
Read Jack Dirty Paws and Magra
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
harkovast at 7:37PM, July 24, 2010
(online)
Catya, oh no! Not more rival furry comics coming out of the wood work! Cant you draw your comic worse for a few weeks to help me out?

usedbooks- I am not going to do this because I am not that crass, but technically doesn't that mean me or kev could judge best community project? Since we participate in an entrant? But yeah, I am not going to do that. I am lame but not that lame!

usedbooks at 7:55PM, July 24, 2010
(online)
harkovast
Catya, oh no! Not more rival furry comics coming out of the wood work! Cant you draw your comic worse for a few weeks to help me out?

usedbooks- I am not going to do this because I am not that crass, but technically doesn't that mean me or kev could judge best community project? Since we participate in an entrant? But yeah, I am not going to do that. I am lame but not that lame!
Yeah. You could. Just as I could despite being a participant in Off Hours. Most of these “community” entrants are more like collaborations this year; however, some community projects are massive with dozens of people contributing. In a community project, a “win” is less of a personal thing and just a nod to the whole community effort, so people do have less bias in general – even if they do contribute personally.

If you were a judge, I am sure you would make yourself impartial. It is a debate process. You have to have reasons for making judging decisions.

There are comics I read that I have more bias for than ones I've contributed to, and there's no rule against me (or anyone) being a judge for categories where I have a strong personal preference. Judges all have favorites, but they all did a great job at being objective last year. Of course, we also expect people who think they are especially biased to DQ from a category whether or not they are one of the nominees. Or, at least, people tend to do that anyway.
PIT_FACE at 9:02PM, July 24, 2010
(online)
PUT UP YER FUCKIN DUKES, YOU NANCIES!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
VegaX at 1:12AM, July 25, 2010
(offline)
harkovast
The DD awards ARE awesome and all those involved deserve recognition, but awarding a DD award to the DD awards is not the way to do this in my view.
Yeah I'd have to agree. Giving an award to itself is pretty silly.
You couldn't vote for your own comic so the DD awards should not be able to give the DD awards an DD award. It's just really goofy.

..and speaking of goofy:

anyone know why “Mob Ties” is in the “Anthropomorphic” category?
and my is the Mature rated “Geminni” in the “Adult” category?

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:39PM
BffSatan at 1:52AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
VegaX
harkovast
You couldn't vote for your own comic so the DD awards should not be able to give the DD awards an DD award. It's just really goofy.
I third this motion. It's like if the Emmies was nominated for an Emmy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
Nicotine at 1:58AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
VegaX
harkovast

..and speaking of goofy:

anyone know why “Mob Ties” is in the “Anthropomorphic” category?
and my is the Mature rated “Geminni” in the “Adult” category?

I'm going to have to fourth the motion to remove the DD awards for the reasons stated above. But I sure do love the DD awards for the record xD

And I also agree with the question of Mob Ties and Geminni. I also don't understand how Geminni could be in both Best Strip and Best Story…
BffSatan at 2:11AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
Nicotine
And I also agree with the question of Mob Ties and Geminni. I also don't understand how Geminni could be in both Best Strip and Best Story…
That kind of stuff will probably get sorted out by the judges. I remember last year dropping a comic because it didn't really fit the criteria for the category it was in.
Although Geminni really shouldn't be in both best story and strip categories. It should probably be dropped from one… Or maybe not, if people really think it can fit into both, I dunno, I'm gonna go read it.
JustNoPoint at 2:31AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
I'll go ahead and drop the awards from the finalists. Everything else can be sorted out by the judges :)
harkovast at 4:51AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
I don't agree with the argument that “the judges will sort it out”.
These incorrect nominations mean that someone who DOES fit in that category has been shut out of the nominations because a comic that has no chance of winning took their spot.
I have been messaged by authors who are VERY upset at losing their potential place because of this.
There needs to be some sort of over sight here from the organisers to prevent this type of thing.

You cannot be nominated best anthro if you are not an anthro comic.
YOu cannot be nominated best adult comic if you are not an adult comic.
You cannot be nominated best story and best strip AT THE SAME TIME!

I would like to hope that the authors of Mob Ties and Gemini would have enough class to voluntarily step down from those categories they should not be in and let the person with the next most votes take their place. That would really show respect for the other competitors. It is not like they are not nominated elsewhere!
If they continue to run in categories they don't belong because they are that desperate to try to get an award, it would be a slap in the face to the authors who missed out.

usedbooks at 5:27AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
harkovast
These incorrect nominations mean that someone who DOES fit in that category has been shut out of the nominations because a comic that has no chance of winning took their spot.
I have been messaged by authors who are VERY upset at losing their potential place because of this.
There needs to be some sort of over sight here from the organizers to prevent this type of thing.
The problem is JNP is doing this alone this year. There are no “organizers” to speak of. No one stepped up to help out, and he set about doing it because we wanted the awards to happen. He had a lot of votes to tally and is really busy in real life too (he temporarily abandoned his own comics for this). Before, there were several people who were counting out at least the most obviously wrong nominations.

However, I agree that it really is not fair and there should be a replacement in the finalists for those cases. JNP really should have taken on a helper or two for the vote tallying. There were a few “off” nominations last year, but I think they caught most of them. They “let pass” ones that were sort of iffy. I can see a lot more issues this year, though. The filtering process was obviously less thorough.

Anyway, maybe he'll have some time to adjust things before judging starts. Or maybe someone can help. It would be nice to let the deserving comics have those spots.

–I'm conflicted in opinion since the finalists have already been announced. While adjustments SHOULD HAVE been made prior to the finalist announcements, making them now seems in bad form. And at the same time, it sucks to have comics crowded out by popular comics' fans “ballot stuffing.” I doubt those comics' creators would mind being removed from the obviously erroneous categories. And at the same time, expecting JNP to know each nominee well enough (or asking him to check it out in detail) to know which completely don't fit is really unfair to him. (And yet, if asked, he would actually try to do that. :P)

If anything, this proves that it takes more than one person to run these things. Hopefully a few people will step up next year and help out. It's very hard for a single person to check or know every single nominee.
Nicotine at 5:27AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
harkovast
There needs to be some sort of over sight here from the organisers to prevent this type of thing.

You cannot be nominated best anthro if you are not an anthro comic.
YOu cannot be nominated best adult comic if you are not an adult comic.
You cannot be nominated best story and best strip AT THE SAME TIME!

I would like to hope that the authors of Mob Ties and Gemini would have enough class to voluntarily step down from those categories they should not be in and let the person with the next most votes take their place. That would really show respect for the other competitors. It is not like they are not nominated elsewhere!
If they continue to run in categories they don't belong because they are that desperate to try to get an award, it would be a slap in the face to the authors who missed out.

Being nominated for a DD award myself, I feel kind of guilty about saying that some comics should be removed from some categories, but I agree with this. :/ it's taking away a position of a comic that obviously fits into the category. I think the person with the 6th highest votes should take the place of those comics.

I know there are some situations where the judges can use their discretion, such as a comic nominated for “Best Color” that used to be black and white 30 pages back or something. But something like being nominated for both “Best Strip” and “Best Story”….? Geminni looks more like a “Best Story” to me.
ttyler at 5:28AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
Charby was nominated for Fantasy, and Science Fiction. (among everything else it seems…..) well, which is it? Can you be both? Sure. Engine is both. But being nominated for both, boots books like Engine out of a category. Sucks to be me I guess……
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:35PM
usedbooks at 5:51AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
ttyler
Charby was nominated for Fantasy, and Science Fiction. (among everything else it seems…..) well, which is it? Can you be both? Sure. Engine is both. But being nominated for both, boots books like Engine out of a category. Sucks to be me I guess……
Nitpicking like this makes me rethink the issue and lean toward “letting the judges sort these out.”

I know Charby is very popular and nominated for everything always, but it can technically fit (albeit loosely) into these categories. Few comics are really defined as a single genre, and if the fans feel they fit a category, we can't assume it was deliberate ballot stuffing. That's really the only thing that vote tallying is supposed to guard against and should not seek to make judgment calls.

Well, ballot stuffing and not fitting requirements (being active, being hosted on DD, etc.) which JNP did a good job filtering out.

Admittedly, I make a personal defense here, since I make a comic that I don't feel fits into any genres very well. My readers categorize it a certain way, but if the “bean counters” (rather than the judges) set out making judgment calls in detail, comics that are not stereotypically identifiable could be lost too. – A comic can be sci-fi and fantasy and can be a strip and a story. I'm sure some of these are cases of ballot stuffing, but it's not right to be critical of the “popular” comics and make assumptions, while we let others that sorta fit remain, and it is not the point in this contest to be making judgment calls like that.

I would consider adding a sixth candidate to the more competitive categories as a reaction to this “outcry of injustice.” I don't think revoking any nominations is good form. - Adding one makes it less fair to other candidates and harder on judges, but I think it's less unfair than other things. And we can validate it on the grounds of tight competition (just as some categories only have four) going by the numbers and NOT who is and isn't nominated. (If there's enough sentiment that something needs done to “correct” this situation.)
BffSatan at 6:08AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
How about this.
The judges get the list of comics that were voted for, that way if they decide to drop a comic from the nominee pool they can replace it with the comic with the next highest amount of votes.
harkovast at 6:21AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
Used books you make a good point about Just No Point needing help because doing it alone is too hard.
I was about to offer to assist but I am in some of the controversial categories, which kinda makes me too biase to assist.
If that is not a problem, I would glad volunteer to assist (after all, if I am going to complain I should “put up or shut up!” )

Usedbooks arguing if a comic can be fantasy and science fiction is subjective and has different interpretations.
Saying a comic that wants to win best adult needs an adult rating is clear cut and obvious.
Adding into another finalist seems fair, but frankly, we all know which the incorrect nomination is and we all know that it shouldn't win, so why keep it there? What is the point? Mob Ties is not anthro, adding another to the list is no more or less of a diss then just taking the comic off. Its not being unfair to mob ties to admit the fact that we all know it has no business being judged as an Anthro comic because it is not an anthro comic. Unless the judges are insane he cant win that category and we all know this (and I would hope the author would realise it to!), so how is it unfair on him to just acknowledge the fact and give the spot to a comic that COULD win?

These erroneous nominations are not a statement on the quality of these comics, in the same way I would not get offended if you told me Harkovast cant win best sprite comic! There is no insult or put down, and I cant believe the authors themselves wont look at this and thinks its wrong.

Perhaps the authors should be messaged and asked to voluntarily withdraw?
Surely no one is such a jerk that they would want to hang onto a nomination that is clearly incorrect? Is anyone actually that petty or desperate?

I don't think these are difficult calls to make to be honest, and I cant see anyone arguing against correcting the list.
Yes, it would have been better to do it before showing the list, but its not insulting the comics that are removed, just acknowledging that they dont belong under those headings.
It certainly isn't about penalising the front page comics, just giving the right people proper recognition.

Otherwise…I need to get my fans to vote for me in nonsensical categories next year! I might not be able to win half of them, but who cares? I will still get free hits from all the judges checking my work out (probably checking it out more as they try to figure out why its in all these categories it shouldn't be in!) Best 3D, best black and white, best autobiographical, best sprite, the possibilities are endless!
A little oversight is needed here to avoid this type of nonsense.

harkovast at 6:23AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
BFF Satan, that sounds reasonable.

usedbooks at 6:25AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
BffSatan
How about this.
The judges get the list of comics that were voted for, that way if they decide to drop a comic from the nominee pool they can replace it with the comic with the next highest amount of votes.
That idea has some merit. :) We still run into the issue of how “loosely” a comic should be able to fit a category to be considered (although judges make those decisions anyway), and it isn't unlike adding a sixth candidate; it just leaves it as a judgment call rather than an objective thing.

The problem would be that comic creators of announced finalists would be upset if someone won who was not listed among them. It seems kinda cheap. And those people don't get the benefit of the exposure for being listed as a finalist. Also, some of the categories might not warrant having another finalist because you run into situations with massive multi-way ties and/or comics with just one or two votes. (But of course, those comics wouldn't be told to panels anyway in this scenario.)

harkovast
Adding into another finalist seems fair, but frankly, we all know which the incorrect nomination is and we all know that it shouldn't win, so why keep it there? What is the point?
The point is, we would add a candidate to a category not because we decide one doesn't fit; we would do it based on the votes. (Like instead of having a defined “five top finalists,” we have more when the sixth one has a fairly large portion of votes.) Therefore, the judgment call would be left up to the judges.

And even if we all “know” it, it is simply bad form to revoke a nomination already announced.
Nicotine at 6:41AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
I'm going to have to agree with a lot of what Hark said. The three categories he mentioned earlier are the ones with painfully blatent points of contention. Everyone has to wait a year to participate in the DD awards, and it would suck to not have a chance to be nominated because another comic that doesn't fit into a category is taking one of the five places. :/

I know it's kind of tacky to remove comics from certain places on the finalists' list now, but I really think it's important to give others a chance in those three categories. It isn't like Mob Ties and Geminni are not nominated for anything else. I hate to see other people that could have been nominated miss out.

I understand that JNP is busy, and I think it's awesome that he's managed this much single-handedly, but I think if the authors of those two comics are contacted about the situation it wouldn't be in bad taste to replace them.
harkovast at 6:47AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
I think we should allow a “judges veto” where if the judges decide that a competitor does not belong in a category, they can ask to have it removed and the one wiht the next most votes take its place.
This will not be used to judge quality, only to judge if people are in categories they don't belong in (as is the case here.)
That way it is still a judges decision, but allows for the excluded comics to potentially get back in the running.

As nicotine says, a lot of people have waited a long time for the chance to compete and I think it is more upsetting for them to be kept out like this than for comics that have loads of nominations to be denied one or two nomination they obviously should not have.

Saying it is bad form to remove them seems equivalant to saying it is bad form to tell someone who shows up to a dog show with a cat that they cant win best in show! It is not an insult to the cat, it is just common sense.

usedbooks at 6:50AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
Heh.

Poor JNP has a lot to read when he gets home this evening. XD

A judge veto would certainly be easiest on HIM. Lol. Sucks that they won't have finalist recognition, but it seems a the only really good thing to do at this point.

And we do announce all the comics who got any votes at the end. Maybe I'll take that task on personally and make sure there are good links to, oh, let's say, the top ten or so in each category. (I have loads of time and no life, after all. :) )

harkovast
Saying it is bad form to remove them seems equivalant to saying it is bad form to tell someone who shows up to a dog show with a cat that they cant win best in show! It is not an insult to the cat, it is just common sense.
It is in bad form if the judges already saw the cat and registered it for the show. Sure, it won't win, but it's still allowed to show. A show isn't just about winning.

(Man, we should judge the same category or two this year. We'll debate endlessly! XD )
harkovast at 7:00AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
Used books, yeah but while that ridiculous cat is parading around confusing everyone there is someone in the front row looking pissed off that their poodle has been excluded!

That is my main concern here. I know these silly nominations will never win (lets give the judges a little credit!) I just hate the idea of people who DO belong in categories being excluded.
I have been messaged by people who are upset about being pushed out by someone who does not belong, and what can I say to them?
“Sorry, it's done now. Sucks to be you!”

DD awards have always been geared towards more of a judge on quality not popularity and there are comics that would fit in these categories that may have modest readerships but have a chance of winning on quality if they got given a shot.

Poor, poor JNP! The guy is about to come back to a hornets nest of debate.
But on the plus side, I think we are laying out and discussing all available options, which will at least give him several routes he can follow with this issue.

Used books any category that gets either you or me judging is guaranteed to be talked through VERY carefully!

usedbooks at 7:07AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
Yeah, I am leaning toward a “judge veto” (only based on the validity of nominations and agreed on by all judges) as the best option. It leaves the judgment to the panels and it means we don't have to re-adjust, re-write, re-tally, or revoke any of the announced finalists. We'll explain that on the presentation comments if there are any “surprising upsets.” – Plus, it means JNP won't have to burn his eyeballs out sifting through those accursed ballots again or put up with the flaming arrows of any action he takes to alter the current list.

And, like I said, at the end, we should (at least we have before) announce everyone who got votes, and I volunteer to make a nice show of that and try to get links associated with them for good exposure. (In previous years, we just listed all in no order, but maybe we can list a “top ten” or so with links and then the rest under that.)
Nicotine at 7:12AM, July 25, 2010
(online)
I think if this “judge veto” method is decided upon, it should only be allowed in the highly questionable categories to prevent judges in other categories from going trigger-happy (not saying they would, just a precaution) and vetoing out comics that obviously belong in a certain category.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved