Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

3d Anaglyphs
El Cid at 3:58PM, May 2, 2011
(online)
While my comic's on hiatus, I'm toying around with a bunch of dumb stuff… aaaaand I figured I'd try my hand at creating some snazzy 3d anaglyphs. There are just two problems:

1) I don't know what the hell I'm doing
2) I don't have any red-blue anaglyph glasses

Sooooo… if anybody out there in the Duckosphere has some 3d glasses, I'd really appreciate you letting me know if any of these work, so I know I'm on the right track (will be getting my grubby hands on some glasses soon enough)

Image A

Image B

Image C

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
El Cid at 12:22PM, May 7, 2011
(online)
Well, I got my hands on some glasses today (finally), and my opinion:

Anaglyphs suck monkey balls! It's strain-inducing to view anything through ‘em, and then when you finally do take the things off, everything looks all weird.

And I’m not sure, but I'm doing something wrong. The second one has a good 3d effect for me, except for the sword, but I'm not getting anything from the other two. I might be doing the color layers backward.

But anyway, I've got my glasses now so I'm off to experiment on my own now, though I can say with a fair degree of certainty that I will NOT be doing any vast swaths of my comic in anaglyph 3d!
El Cid at 12:25PM, May 7, 2011
(online)
NOTE: Yeah, the 2nd one definitely seems the best. If you have a pair of blue-red glasses, try looking at it and then moving your head around. You'll notice the background perspective changes differently respective to Angie in the foreground. Pretty trippy, actually.

But it still sucks.

***EDIT: Now that I've had some time to sit down and mess with this using some actual glasses, I've come to realize that I was doing all of these with the colors reversed. So none of them work. Here's a functional one:

jerrie at 10:17AM, May 8, 2011
(online)
you are way too hard on yourself. your work doesn't suck at all. i love this image of Angie with the sword…new comic idea your working on perhaps?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:07PM
El Cid at 5:32PM, May 8, 2011
(online)
Nah, not a new comic, though Angie does don her leather armor in the upcoming finale to Death P*rn.

I should note that I've done even more dallying with 3D, and I've since figured out that the whole process I used to make these was all wrong. I was using a faux 3D trick rather than true binocular 3D. I've done a snazzy animation in true 3D, and it's pretty awesome ( but also very NSFW, so I can't post it here ). If you go to the second page of the “WTF?!!” thread in my comic's forum, it's posted there.
Fastmax at 8:10AM, June 6, 2011
(offline)
Hey Bud,

Sorry for not noticing this forum til now today. Gotta pay more attention to your profile page notices of forums you start.
I'm at the Public Library recharging from last night's emailing and surfing escapades.
Actually carrying a pair of 3d glasses upon me for a while now since my visit to a comic shop and seeing this movie promo.
Yes, ..I carry 3d glasses upon my person always now.
Go figure.

I was seeing some results from Images A and C, but B was the strongest.
One cannot be too close to the image as well or it won't take affect. I have to sit back from my computer screen beyond arms length to see the effect occur.

The larger last image you posted definitely showed an effect.
Though color vividness is a faded. Could be you may need to use a more basic, plain palette of colors?
Image size may also be a factor???
And, as well, one's angle of view to the image. And also of surrounding ambient lighting about the viewee.

I did see the Carmen's 3d “cyclesuck” flick first before anything else and tested the glasses I had then. It worked. Funny though it's in Black and white.

(A sidenote: It's really devastating to have a slide presentation of all of Carmen's movies one after the other. Such a voracious whore.)

Now reading about the reversed colors,.. yeah, I can see them switched in the other images compared to the last, final workable one.
Oh! Not Safe For Work again materials?
But I'm not at work.
I'm at the Public Library.

xx,
Fastmax
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
El Cid at 9:12AM, June 6, 2011
(online)
Thanks for having a look, Fastmax! These are all wrong, by the way, even the last one where I finally figured out which way the colors need to go. In order to do it right, I was supposed to combine two different images, take from different angles, not just superimpose the same image like I did here. That's why none of these looks “really” 3d.

That black-and-white animation I actually did do correctly, and the effect works great from any angle. (but of course I can't post it here for obvious reasons)
Fastmax at 11:35AM, June 6, 2011
(offline)
I'm confused.
(Which is pretty easy to do of late.)
Not able to post what “3d animation” work?? Aren't you referring to the Carmen “superspecial cycle suck off”.
Well, I've been seeing it cause some deviant named -“ELLL !! CIIIIID !!” ..posted it in his own forum pages of “WTF is going on” and onto his latest comic page of his super sized page count “Death P0rn” comix.

Is there another “super-duper specialty 3d cycle suck-off” of Carmen's ….that were just not seein'??
Golly, how more “graphic” can it get? What,.. -the guys scrotum get pulled up through??
“…yea, that'd be ”Bitchin'“!…”

Or does it involve ..good ol' “BISCUITS”!!? :)

xx,
Fastmax
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved