Media Megaforum

A fanmade movie called "Metal Gear Solid: Philanthropy"
Lonnehart at 12:29AM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
This thing looks great! I haven't had time to watch the whole of it (maybe tomorrow) but it looks pretty good for a fan movie of the game. Here's the link.

Metal Gear Solid: Philanthropy

I bet you've all watched it by now though… :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
lefarce at 11:08AM, Sept. 29, 2009
(online)
I got about five minutes in before shutting it off. Its like Uwe Boll finally got the rights to make his fantasy Metal Gear movie.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
Drasnus at 3:48PM, Sept. 30, 2009
(online)
Hmmm, funny how little Outer Heaven looks like South Africa…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
lefarce at 7:34AM, Oct. 1, 2009
(online)
Drasnus
Hmmm, funny how little Outer Heaven looks like South Africa…

Its funny how nice the special effects look but they couldnt spring a few bucks on a decent actor for Otacon.

Insizwa at 8:08AM, Oct. 1, 2009
(offline)
It's pretty awful, but somewhat entertaining. Most of the actors are wooden as hell, and some of the special effects are alright (some are downright atrocious though like the scene in the airplane). I am impressed that it was fan made and nonprofit too, that's a ambitious project for something that won't make any money. The cinematography is pretty good, it's visually appealing, but some of the editing is just lazy. How many fade to black transitions are there in this movie? In all, it's free entertainment so I'm not really in a position to complain.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
lefarce at 10:38AM, Oct. 1, 2009
(online)
Insizwa
It's pretty awful, but somewhat entertaining. Most of the actors are wooden as hell, and some of the special effects are alright (some are downright atrocious though like the scene in the airplane). I am impressed that it was fan made and nonprofit too, that's a ambitious project for something that won't make any money. The cinematography is pretty good, it's visually appealing, but some of the editing is just lazy. How many fade to black transitions are there in this movie? In all, it's free entertainment so I'm not really in a position to complain.

Otacon running the mission down for Snake while some poor computer graphics show us low res pictures of the bad guys was pretty funny for a while, and then it dragged on for what felt like a lifetime. I get that the games tend to do this, but they at least make it somewhat entertaining.

Custard Trout at 11:04AM, Oct. 1, 2009
(offline)
lefarce
I get that the games tend to do this, but they at least make it somewhat entertaining.

Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure this is shorter than some of the cutscenes in the fourth game.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
lefarce at 3:11PM, Oct. 1, 2009
(online)
Custard Trout
lefarce
I get that the games tend to do this, but they at least make it somewhat entertaining.

Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure this is shorter than some of the cutscenes in the fourth game.

I would rather re-watch the fourth game though. It had some cool moments between “WAR ECONOMY”.

NickGuy at 3:02PM, Oct. 2, 2009
(online)
LOL @ this movie. It screams “film-school final project” and as far as fan films go, this is probably the best one youll find. But good, god, Snake is ugly. He looks like a mort drucker drawing of snake.

You can tell whos really fans of MGS and whos just actors, cuz the fans of MGS REALLY go overboard with the talking, like the dude on the plane.

They actually do a really good job of imitating the games style…the bas side is, the games style SUCKS. Kojimas a crappy director, an copying of a crappy director can only equal crappy results.

I actually wanted to know what happened next though. =\

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
lefarce at 1:35PM, Oct. 4, 2009
(online)
I actually like Kojima's directing style, and the bits of absolutely insane humor he injects into things. The dialog in his games could use some work, there is a difference between showing/telling (guess which one you should do, kids!). But this movie sort of propells all of Kojima's faults to an extreme. Instead of being comical in it's own way, its just boring.

Also MGS' story has gotten progressively shitty ever since Snake Eater. I have no idea why people hold it so high, because the plot in that game was really awful and took a big dump on the timeline, resulting in it making even less sense than before.

NickGuy at 5:02PM, Oct. 5, 2009
(online)
lefarce
Also MGS' story has gotten progressively shitty ever since Snake Eater. I have no idea why people hold it so high, because the plot in that game was really awful and took a big dump on the timeline, resulting in it making even less sense than before.

AMEN. Ive been saying this for years now.

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved