Help, Support and Suggestions

A long list of things I'd like to know
zero rose at 4:52AM, Jan. 16, 2007
(offline)
How do I…?

1. …put a link on my comic page?
2. …put buttons on my page leading to character profiles and gallery art?

I'm not exactly great with HTML as of yet, so I'm having a few difficulties.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
ozoneocean at 7:54AM, Jan. 16, 2007
(online)
You can not put links and buttons on pre-made template code. Sorry.

If you mae your own mtml teplate, then you make links like this:
My Link

Images are like this:

Image links are like this:

(the image code goes where the name of the link goes in the normal link code)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:25PM
mindcat at 11:19AM, Jan. 18, 2007
(online)
I just have one question.

1. when you first start out a comic, the first page becomes the search's first page as well. If you want' to change it so that people see something else, how do you do it? i've already tried the “delete-that-page-add-another-one-in-it's-place” thing, but it aint working.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
zero rose at 6:24PM, Jan. 18, 2007
(offline)
ozoneocean
You can not put links and buttons on pre-made template code. Sorry.

If you mae your own mtml teplate, then you make links like this:
My Link

Images are like this:

Image links are like this:

(the image code goes where the name of the link goes in the normal link code)

T_T How do I make a template?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
skoolmunkee at 12:34AM, Jan. 19, 2007
(online)
zero rose
T_T How do I make a template?

You have to use Dreamweaver, Frontpage, or another html editor (or notepad if you're a smarty pants) and do it that way, the benefit is that it will look like whatever you want it to, rather than using one of the pre-made DD templates (which you can change in your comic's account). The tricky part to the templates is using the DD “tags” that are special DD code placeholders that, when uploaded to DD, tell DD what to do (like “put the comic page here” and “put the previous button here”).
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:39PM
skoolmunkee at 12:36AM, Jan. 19, 2007
(online)
mindcat
I just have one question.

1. when you first start out a comic, the first page becomes the search's first page as well. If you want' to change it so that people see something else, how do you do it? i've already tried the “delete-that-page-add-another-one-in-it's-place” thing, but it aint working.

You should be able to change that picture on your comic account page without messing around with your pages. There should be an option to change your thumbnail. It has to be 80 pixels wide by 100 pixels tall, and must be a .jpg … if it seems like you uploaded the file and it went okay but the old picture is still there, try refreshing the page, or waiting just a little bit… sometimes it takes a while.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:39PM
Tim Wellman at 12:45AM, Jan. 22, 2007
(online)
You can add button links by just changing the existing code in the original template (but not the extra pre-made templates), as I did on my comic site. If you look at the template text (Edit Design Template / Comic Page Code box), you can paste in any html code right above the –Comic Title Area– field. For example, on my page, I created a small 4 column table with the links I wanted, and pasted it in (DD is also kind enough to make html and image space available).

The actual code I used (you'd need to change the link names, etc)

STORY
       GALLERY
       FAN ART
      TIM WELLMAN ART

Hope that helps… I used to create a lot of templates back in the old live(dead)journal days.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved