Media Megaforum

A new Batman short film
lba at 5:42PM, Oct. 6, 2009
(online)
link to film maker's site with the film

I just found this through stumble upon, and thought it was a rather well-done film, and interesting take on the Batman / Joker relationship and some of it's origins. But the reason I'm posting it here, is because I noticed that the film maker's most recent newspost makes a point of mentioning that they'll be at a film festival to defend their film. Which leads me to pose a couple questions: a) Do you think it's a good piece of film, and b) when it comes to things like this, is it really important to remain perfectly in-canon, or is it ok to take some artistic license with a work? We allow artists and writers to change the story when they're doing it with the main property, but is allowing other people to play with the concepts and story lines of these characters going too far?

Obviously these film makers have given their own stylistic approach to it, and people seem to be upset about it.

Admins and Mods: If you think there might be a better place for this, feel free to move it and just let me know.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
lefarce at 4:03PM, Oct. 7, 2009
(offline)
This reenforces my belief that the only good fan films come from countries that arent the United States.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
lastcall at 6:10PM, Oct. 7, 2009
(offline)
Amen, lefarce. That was frackin' awesome. I love the film noir/Sin City feel to it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
Product Placement at 6:31PM, Oct. 7, 2009
(online)
It was funny how Batman was depicted as a howling brute that liked to string up people.

Then again, when your trusted butler gets brutally murdered, I guess it's easy to snap.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved