Comic Talk and General Discussion *

A Wish a day....
ceb_dyson at 6:24PM, June 17, 2007
(offline)
Alright, I know this topic is already up, but that one just does a wish.

Now, in the comic that is currently in its prelims (aka haven't done a single page yet), there is a Djinn character named Khadil. He appears later on in the comic, and he's actually quite a fun guy ta have. Anyways, I'm having slight difficulty on what exactly I want to do with him.

Now Khadil is a special kind of Djinn. He doesn't do the standard three wishes thing, even though he does follow along the same basic rules. No wishing for more wishes, no wishing someone is dead, no wishing for someone to fall in love with you, and no wishing for the world/universe to end. What Khadil does, instead, is he grants you one wish per day. In other words, yer stuck with him till yer dead or you wish him away.

The delimma I am having with this particular character is that I don't know what to wish for. So, here is a question.

What would you wish for if you had a Djinn that granted you one wish per day?

(btw, I came up with Khadil after reading this same basic question off a kids thing at Pizza Hut. The strangest places you get ideas from, neh?)
I've too many mottos ta say here, so be glad I'm not saying any of them.

Tale of Two Kitties is Soon to Come…weheheheh!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
D0m at 6:37PM, June 17, 2007
(online)
For today?

More pageviews.

Kidding, kidding! Uhm, I'd wish for 5 more hours in my day kind of tucked away into one second, so that I could go into the bathroom, freeze time, and draw or read or run around and fight frozen people for a bit. :-)

Nadya- a tale about what happens to SOME of us when we die.

Currently: Nadya is awake and asking more relevant questions.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
Disgruntledrm at 9:12PM, June 17, 2007
(online)
That idea kind of reminds me of that 90's cartoon with the kid who had that baseball mitt he made wishes with…I don't remember what it was called.

I suppose a daily wish could be something simple, like gift cards or tax free cash. Maybe meeting celebrities, etc…I suggest figuring out your first story arc and encompassing the wish into that (pre-deus ex machina thing.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
Exzachly at 10:35PM, June 17, 2007
(online)
I would ask for more wishes everyday, until i had a million wishes! Then, I could trade them for a bike or something.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
usedbooks at 11:36PM, June 17, 2007
(online)
I think I'd be happiest to have something small (somewhat pointless) but very unlikely (or even an impossibility) each day.

~Today, I would wish for a snowstorm. It was so friggin hot today… A snowstorm would have made my day and been interesting for everyone around me too.

~Tomorrow, I might wish for a huge party that magically cleans up after itself.

~Maybe the next day, I'd wish to be at the premier of a new movie.

Stuff like that would be best, because wishing for big things, money, power, etc. wouldn't make life interesting. It would probably just be boring and monotonous after a while.

It made me think of a book called “Half Magic” that I read as a kid. The characters had a coin that granted wishes, but only could grant them halfway. If they asked to be sent somewhere, they would get halfway there. One kid wished to be invisible (I think he was trying to sneak out of somewhere) – he ended up half invisible – which drew a LOT of attention to him… Don't know why I thought of that, except that all the wishes were sort of small things and it took them forever to start wishing “correctly.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:36PM
D0m at 3:34AM, June 18, 2007
(online)
Disgruntledrm
That idea kind of reminds me of that 90's cartoon with the kid who had that baseball mitt he made wishes with…I don't remember what it was called.

I suppose a daily wish could be something simple, like gift cards or tax free cash. Maybe meeting celebrities, etc…I suggest figuring out your first story arc and encompassing the wish into that (pre-deus ex machina thing.)

Mighty Max? =P

Nadya- a tale about what happens to SOME of us when we die.

Currently: Nadya is awake and asking more relevant questions.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
ZeroVX at 4:00AM, June 18, 2007
(online)
How about ending global warming?

Or kicking out George Bush.

Either one's good.
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:58PM
Exzachly at 5:50AM, June 18, 2007
(online)
How about we kick Bush into the ozone, thus filling the holes and ending the problem. It's science
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
ZeroVX at 10:43AM, June 18, 2007
(online)
BRILLIANCE!

My science teacher would be proud.
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:58PM
AQua_ng at 10:45AM, June 18, 2007
(offline)
Well, you know what they say about an apple a day…

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM
ceb_dyson at 5:07PM, June 18, 2007
(offline)
Exzachly
I would ask for more wishes everyday, until i had a million wishes! Then, I could trade them for a bike or something.

didn't ya read? Ya can't wish for more wishes. Goes against the rules.

Usedbooks, a few of yer ideas for wishes, Khadil can have so much fun messing them up. Just like any other Djinn, Khadil also takes the wishes literally. So if it's a snowstorm ya want and if ya don't cancel it out the next day, yer stuck with that wish until the day ya finally wish it ta go away. That and a snowstorm would get ya stuck in the house instead of cooled. And the one about the party cleaning after itself? *grins evilly* Instead of the party cleaning just the messes, it'd also clean the people to the point of having the person disappear. Bwhahahah! Gotta love taking things literal.
I've too many mottos ta say here, so be glad I'm not saying any of them.

Tale of Two Kitties is Soon to Come…weheheheh!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
SeriousQuiche at 7:51AM, June 27, 2007
(offline)
One wish per day?
Today it'd be that my exams were over.

Tomorrow it'd be…something.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
zirnitra at 8:02AM, June 27, 2007
(offline)
I would wish I had everything I ever wanted in my entire life, and ever will want in my life.

Still one wish.

Although the rest of my life would get kinda boring, so then I would just wish for a turkey sandwich every now and then. Or a new video game when it comes out.
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon