Drunk Duck Awards

Acceptance Speeches?
Pieguy259 at 8:15PM, July 28, 2010
(online)
Will there be acceptance speech comics allowed from the winners again this year? I have one already done (recycled from last year).
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
usedbooks at 8:31PM, July 28, 2010
(online)
Absolutely! Have fun with it. :)

The deadline is the same as for presentations, August 29th. (Right, JNP?)

Oh, and for the benefit of those who don't know how this works or what it's about, here's a breakdown. All finalists are welcome/encouraged to create an acceptance speech for their comic (or multiple if a finalist in multiple categories). They are due by the same time as everything else. Then, when the awards go live, if your comic wins, the speech page is up after the presentation page. – If your comic doesn't win, then your submission is uploaded after all the awards are presented, just for fun.

Yes, it is a bit of a gamble since you might not win, but the effort won't be in vain anyway. Everyone enjoys seeing the unused ones at the end too. It's like a DD Award after party.

And if you'd like to make any other kind of page for the awards, whether or not you are a finalist, you're definitely welcome to. We'll put them up at the end (or wherever we feel like). We got a concession speech last year too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
usedbooks at 1:44PM, Aug. 25, 2010
(online)
Giving this a bump and a reminder. You have a few more days to send in an acceptance speech!

They are really fun and a good way to promote yourself too. It's completely optional, and no, we can't tell you whether you won. If your speech isn't used in the awards, it will be posted afterward, so everyone will still see it and enjoy!

If you want to make any other award related things (whether or not your comic is a finalist for anything), feel free to do that too, and we'll post it!

Check out the 2009 Awards for examples.

Due date on this is, well, before awards go live. JustNoPoint is pre-uploading stuff, so to be on the safe side, try to get things sent to him (or me, I guess I can handle it if I *have* to :P ) as soon as possible. If you miss the deadline or want to make something after you see the results of the awards, we'll post it after the presentations.
harkovast at 10:12AM, Aug. 26, 2010
(online)
I couldn't do one till I knew I had won.
Doing an acceptance speach for something I didn't win would be too embarassing.
Can I submit one after I know the results?

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
usedbooks at 10:35AM, Aug. 26, 2010
(online)
harkovast
I couldn't do one till I knew I had won.
Doing an acceptance speach for something I didn't win would be too embarassing.
Can I submit one after I know the results?
You can, but it won't be uploaded until after all the presentations are up. Whereas, if we got it beforehand, the acceptance speech can be included with the presentation.

Just FYI, no on was embarrassed last year. ;) In fact, I think it would've been fun to have had a bunch more. Makes for a neat awards after-party.
Nicotine at 4:29AM, Aug. 27, 2010
(online)
To submit one before or after the awards, that is the question. xD
Honestly, I understand the embarrassment factor as well. But either way it a nice method of showing your appreciation.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved