Help, Support and Suggestions

Ack! What happened?!?
Anonymous at 6:34AM, July 2, 2006
(offline)
My forum account is still here, but it seemed to be wiped totally clean. No posts, no avatar, no signature. Only my username and password.

What happened?!?
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:53AM
skoolmunkee at 11:17AM, July 2, 2006
(online)
How many posts did you have before? :s I have no idea what would have happened, but if someone went in and deleted your posts individually it would be interesting to know how much work they went to :)
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
Terminal at 11:47AM, July 2, 2006
(online)
Yesterday I deleted one of your posts, which was from this thread. I have no idea what happened to the others.

.: Myxomatosis :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:09PM
Anonymous at 1:20PM, July 2, 2006
(offline)
I had a couple of hundred, I thought.

And it wasn't just posts, it was my signature and avatar too.
SpANG at 5:52PM, July 2, 2006
(online)
Sam
I had a couple of hundred, I thought.

And it wasn't just posts, it was my signature and avatar too.

You have 78. And they are under "Sam_Charette“, not ”Sam". You must have registered twice. :roll:

.: SpANG! :.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:51PM
Anonymous at 7:18PM, July 2, 2006
(offline)
Nope. Didn't register twice. The only way there'd be Sam and Sam_Charette is if the great DD death and resurrection brought back my old account without me knowing it, as I did have to re-create my account at that time (don't recall if it was a mistake on my part or not) but that was quite some time ago. I've not been logging in manually for a while, I have it on auto, and just yesterday I find that my signature and my avatar were gone.

When I posted in Myxo's thread (linked in his post above) it was using the same auto-login I've been usng for months, and there was both a signature and an avatar. I didn't change anything between then and now. Didn't change my autologin, didn't register again.

Edit: Interestingly enough, however, another recent post of mine WAS on Sam_Charette. I'm thinking what happened was I had used Sam originally, then DD went boom, then I tried to make Sam but couldn't, and thought it used by someone else, so made Sam_Charette. Then, recently (now that my recollection is clearer) I had to re-login and used Sam without thinking (since that's my account on Comic Dish) and it worked, so I didn't really think anything of it.

So yeah…. I did register twice. Months ago. Unknowingly. :) This account can be deleted, I'm going back to the other one :)
SpANG at 7:23PM, July 2, 2006
(online)
What you say makes no sense. The Sam_Charette account has all of the posts. The Sam_Charette account joined in Decemeber 2005. The Sam_Charette account posted THIS.

The “Sam” account was just made yesterday.

Edit// Glad you finally get it. I will delete the “Sam” account.

Sam_Charette at 7:49PM, July 2, 2006
(offline)
I have to say, the “I'm glad you finally get it” comes off as a bit rude. Assuming that a re-registration was made, it was months ago that it happened. I had done nothing recently that caused this problem.

It's not a matter of “getting” it, particularly since what happened isn't exactly what you are implying that happened.

And the Sam account could not have been made yesterday as, like I said, I haven't registered for anything at Drunk Duck in months. Not since DD tanked briefly due to a crappy hosting provider. The only thing I did was to log in as Sam. Not register the account.

At least it could not have been made by me yesterday. It may have had it's first post by me yesterday, but it could not have been created by me yesterday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
skoolmunkee at 10:57PM, July 2, 2006
(online)
As you said, you probably just registered twice, a while ago. I saw a few posts on the Sam account but I assumed they were the new ones after the others had been deleted, or if it was a new account, you made it because the old one wasn't there anymore and you needed an account to post in the forum.

Anyway, misunderstandings aside, I'm glad that got solved. :)
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
SpANG at 5:37AM, July 3, 2006
(online)
Sam_Charette
I have to say, the “I'm glad you finally get it” comes off as a bit rude…..
Sorry you feel that way.

Sam_Charette
Assuming that a re-registration was made, it was months ago that it happened.
Yep, the registration could have happened months ago. The activation, however, just occured on July 2.

Sam_Charette
The only thing I did was to log in as Sam. Not register the account.
You'll have to pardon the incredulity, but if you did not make the “Sam” account, then how did you happen to know the required password to sign into it?

Sam_Charette at 7:24AM, July 3, 2006
(offline)
SpANG!
Sam_Charette
The only thing I did was to log in as Sam. Not register the account.
You'll have to pardon the incredulity, but if you did not make the “Sam” account, then how did you happen to know the required password to sign into it?

Considering how I was discussing what I did the day before in the paragraph from which you quoted me here, it should be quite obvious that I was talking about what I did that day, not what I possibly could have done months ago. It should be quite clear that when I said “The only thing I did was to log in as Sam”, as it was an extention of the rest of the paragraph, should have been understood as "The only thing I did yesterday…"

Did I do something to offend you, Spang, because you're coming off as a real jerk here. You seem so helpful to everyone else, yet here you seem to just feel like insulting my intelligence and take my words out of context.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved