Help, Support and Suggestions

Adding multiple files - is it possible? Also, a javascript question.
Net at 9:18AM, July 26, 2007
(online)
Quick question here. I had a few minutes spare today, so I thought I'd look at making the DD mirror site match the regular TTG site… until I went to start uploading the image files.

My image folder from CG holds 320 images, not including the main comic images. There's no way in heck I'm going to sit here and upload each image, one at a time, like that!!! Is there any sort of multiple-image upload link, or a way to FTP, or something along those lines?!

Also, we make use of a few simple javascript files that, when I went to upload them, it said that the .js format wasn't a supported file type. Any particular reason why?

>Net

Updating monthly since January, 2005!
**now full time on the Duck!**
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
ozoneocean at 4:56PM, July 26, 2007
(online)
Comic pages aren't uploaded as image files in the file section. Comic pages are uploaded in the comic page section and in there it's possible to upload multiple files. :)

As for Java not being supported, this has to do with security issues… Among other things.

Sorry, there is no FPT or ways to upload multiple files. I do have a very simple work around though that I use myself from time to time. What you do when a filetype isn't directly supported or you can't be bothered with the file upload system, you simply directly link to the source of the file in your template. This can be done with Javascript, image files, HTML, icons, pretty much anything!

For example, instead of putting up an image like this:

You'd do this instead:

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
Net at 5:30AM, July 27, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
Sorry, there is no FPT or ways to upload multiple files. I do have a very simple work around though that I use myself from time to time. What you do when a filetype isn't directly supported or you can't be bothered with the file upload system, you simply directly link to the source of the file in your template. This can be done with Javascript, image files, HTML, icons, pretty much anything!

For example, instead of putting up an image like this:

You'd do this instead:

Well, this would work great if it's hosted on a private site, yes. :) Of course, the vast majority of the image file are actually hosted at ComicGenesis, which you can't link over to the images from.

Ah well, I'll just do them one at a time after I get my work done today at work. No worries.

>Net

ozoneocean at 8:14AM, July 27, 2007
(online)
Ah, that'd be a pain… I can't even access my ComicGen site at all anymore. :(

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
Net at 8:17AM, July 27, 2007
(online)
I've always kept backup copies of all my comic sites on my home and work PCs both… so I've got all the files required, just… just not looking forward to uploading them one at a time. BLAH.

Ah well, once it's done, it'll be done and no worries. :D

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved