Debate and Discussion

Airline "Passenger Bill of Rights"
kaminari at 10:43PM, March 7, 2007
(online)
As some of you may have read or heard, around Valentine's Day, nasty weather held up airplanes trying to depart from airports in the north. They remained on the runway for up to 11 hours with passengers on board. The result was a push for a “Passenger Bill of Rights” to have certain customer service related regulations in place to prevent a certain discomfort in air travel.

Here's a thorough, but highly biased article on the subject:
http://www.thetravelinsider.info/2005/draftpassengerbillofrights.htm

I was wondering what people thought of this.

I personally feel that this is a huge overreaction to something that occurs daily all over the world for the last 50 years. I can understand the frustrations and while some of the points made make sense, other demands are really pushing it.
Like if your plane doesn't take off after 75 minutes you have to let people off..
If its going to be, say 2 hours and going back to the gate means either a further delay or the crew timing out resulting in a cancellation, then screw that, I'll wait on a plane for two hours (which Ive done before).

$100 for delayed (not lost) luggage?
sure! send the money my way! Thats like $100 off my already expensive ticket.
Once I saw a plane come in with no luggage loaded on it. I dunno how or why but thats 120 people who would get $100 each. Basically, all the financial stipulations could further ruin carriers who have a hard enough time trying to avoid liquidation..

Downgraded people fly free?
No Busy signals when calling the airline or hold times over 5 minutes?

Sure it would be great if every business should be like that, but the government doesn't regulate any others in the same way.

I am FS2 champion! w00t!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
rengori at 5:32PM, March 9, 2007
(offline)
Wow, most of these aren't retarded. If we put any of these into the effect that involved money, we'd put all of the airlines out of business.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:05PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved