Media Megaforum

Albums you can listen to without skipping a single track
ozoneocean at 2:59AM, July 30, 2009
(online)
I just remembered one, that I'm playing right now:

Forever Changes, by The Love.

Brilliant album! :)
I love this one line in the song “the red Telephone”, where he sings “paint me…” and then simultaneously his overlaid voice says several different colours… and because of that, each time you hear that line, it sounds like a different colour, because you can only really focus on one of the words, and because they're all said at the same time, it varies as to which one you hear. It's fascinating.

More cool lyrics:
“And so the Snot has caked against my pants,
It has turned into crystal.
There's a bluebirld sitting on a branch,
I guess I'll take my pistol!”

One of the songs even has a groovy little rap towards the end. And this is a 1960's album!
It's beautifully orchestrated. I'd say it was clever and more complex than the stuff that Pink Floyd were producing then.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
CaptainKickas at 6:38AM, July 30, 2009
(offline)
ummmm
Bright Eyes-Digital Ash in a Digital Urn
Bright Eyes-Fevers and Mirrors
Death Cab for Cutie-Plans
Death Cab for Cutie- Transatlanticism (I know someone else mentioned these two)
Dashboard Confessional-A Mark, a Mission, A Brand, A Scar
Dashboard Confessional- The Places You have Come to Fear the Most
Yuuuup
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM
ifelldownthestairs at 5:43AM, Aug. 9, 2009
(online)
Futon
@Ifelldownthestairs: we appear to have spookingly similar tastes in music. :)

Björk, Dead Kennedys, TOOL, Radiohead, NIN, Incubus and Massive Attack = awesome.

In addition to the previously mentioned, I'd add

-Frances The Mute, by The Mars Volta
-S.C.I.E.N.C.E., Make Yourself and Morning View by Incubus
-Yield, by Pearl Jam
-Toxicity, by System of A Down
-13th Step, by A Perfect Circle (I fucking LOVE this album.)
-Led Zeppelin (Y'know, the first album.)
-10'000 Days, Undertow, by TOOL (Undertow doesn't get enough love.)
-Emergency On Planet Earth, by Jamiroquai

Whoop, great to see other TMV-fans out here, none of my friends get it. And I quite agree that the new Volta has been a major letdown.

Spooky indeed :D

S.C.I.E.N.C.E. was my introduction to Incubus, and after twelve freakin' years I still have a new favorite song every time I listen to that album; it's just as fresh to me as when I first heard it.

Totally with you on Yield and Toxicity too… Yield is so underrated, and even if Toxicity wasn't fantastic it just reminds me of one of the best times in my life, when I first moved out of my mom's.. my friends and I carpooled to work everyday with Toxicity on, and listened to it on the way back home. A good month passed before we were like “…so that's been playing for a while, huh..”

And JAMIROQUAI!! Hell yes.

ozoneocean
I just remembered one, that I'm playing right now:

Forever Changes, by The Love.

Brilliant album! :)
I love this one line in the song “the red Telephone”, where he sings “paint me…” and then simultaneously his overlaid voice says several different colours… and because of that, each time you hear that line, it sounds like a different colour, because you can only really focus on one of the words, and because they're all said at the same time, it varies as to which one you hear. It's fascinating.
That sounds awesome… I'm totally checkin that shit out :D
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
kyupol at 12:26PM, Aug. 17, 2009
(online)
SLAPSHOCK-SILENCE

http://www.imeem.com/best05/playlist/GhhHrxz8/slapshock-silence-music-playlist/]
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved