Debate and Discussion

Alex Jones Thread
kyupol at 6:47AM, April 21, 2007
(online)
http://infowars.com/index.html

What is your opinion on this guy? Do you think he is telling the truth? Or is he just a wackjob?

Everything to him seems like a government conspiracy. From 9-11… to Columbine… to covert actions in Iran…

and most recently, the issue of “mind control” on the school shooters. In one of his videos, he rants about weird NASA, Blackops, and government links in school shooters. He claims that Cho was a mind control assassin of the government. Since mind control has been developed as early as the 1960s… just by adding and altering a few chemicals in the brain. Either through psychological stimullii like making a potential school shooter play violent video games 5-6 hours a day… while at the same time keeping him in isolation and feeding him propaganda that was written in his “manifesto”. Yeah. You can turn somebody into a sick killer… to do your bidding.

Some of his followers have pointed out the skill of the school shooter. Dead-on death shot accuracy. And eyewitness accounts of the shooter with a stonecold look… as if killing is just too easy for him.

So what do you think about Alex Jones?

I have quite some doubts on him… and if all these conspiracies are indeed happening, why doesnt the government do something to shut him up? Like setup a car bomb or something so the next time he starts his car… BOOM!

Or frame him to make him look like a bad guy?

He says that if the govt does shut him up, it will be TOO OBVIOUS and it will be an instant wakeup call for everybody… and then it could possibly be another American Civil War or somethin.

So. Your opinions on this guy please. :)

NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
ozoneocean at 9:44AM, April 21, 2007
(online)
I don't care about specific nutjobs, but if you want to discuss “conspiracy” in general, fine.

Ok, there are many obviously silly conspiracies that people always go on about, that're pure fantasy: UFOs, crop circles, “Black opps”, hypersonic spy planes, mind control, Jewish control of the media etc. All pure crap, believed in by silly people.

And then there are real conspiracies that are dismissed as fantasy, usually by other kinds of silly people. I remember telling a rather conservative American friend of mine in about 2001 that the US and Britain were planning for war in Iraq, I outlined all the reasons why it was going to happen, how they'd manufacture a case for war, and described when it would happen and what would probably happen after: she dismissed it as hysterical fantasy, a “conspiracy theory”. lol!
Needless to say I was pretty much 100% correct.

So While your Alex Jones, people like David Ike, and Tom Cruise might be nutters, don't put all people in the same boat. Not all conspiracies are equal.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM
subcultured at 9:58AM, April 21, 2007
(online)
conspiracy theories are sometimes a product of a schizopherinic mind.
when i get a chance sometimes i listen to these theories because they make good stories.

hahaha

they're very inventive because they try to create a world that they have convince themselves that it exists. so it is very detailed and meticulously planned.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:02PM
ccs1989 at 11:05AM, April 21, 2007
(online)
That site looks like he turns everything into a conspiracy theory just to make money through advertising. I mean, did you see all those advertisments on that page?
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
Phantom Penguin at 11:45AM, April 21, 2007
(offline)
Yes the government cooked up 9/11. A large attack which they killed 2,000+ people.

But they can't kill a group of college kids or single nut job that found them out.
/sarcasm
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
kyupol at 6:52PM, April 21, 2007
(online)
I believe his theory that 911 is a conspiracy.

However I have a few doubts since the 911 conspiracy seems to be soooo well planned and thought out. And Bush is known everywhere for his idiocy.

Bush is NOT a dictator. I've seen his speeches… how he conducts himself, etc… I'd say he's a niceguy. In this other documentary I saw, Bush is the type who would always say YES to his advisors… simply because of his lack of understanding of political issues.

I think Bush is just the puppet while Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rice, etc… are the ones really calling the shots.

However, his other theory that Cho is a mind-controlled assassin is just funny to listen to. I listened to his rant about it… and it cracked me up. Especially the part when he was screaming “BLECKOPS!!! BLECKOPS!!! BLECKOPS!!! THIS GODDAMN SHOOTING HAS BLACK OPS WRITTEN ALL OVER IT!!! I CANT STAND IT ANYMORE!!! I CANNOT SIT BY AND WATCH THIS GOVERNMENT KILL INNOCENT CIVILIANS!!! FELLOW AMERICANS!!! GODDAMMIT!!!”

He also has this funny theory about America's drinking water being contaminated with estrogen. As part of a government conspiracy to turn its citizens into passive sheep. His “proof” for this is the policemen being such cowards… that they dont go in and stop the school shooters. He railed one time about the feminization of America. And claimed that back then, men had testosterone.

Also his claim about the Binladen tape as manufactured… Since Islam forbids gold watches and rings. And the binladen on that tape was right handed, while the CIA description of osama is left-handed. Does Islam forbid watches and rings? Or is there any other form of Islam that does?

And btw, I listen to him and I get some possible comic plots. :)
NOW UPDATING!!!
Phantom Penguin at 7:04PM, April 21, 2007
(offline)
Yes islam is also anti-killing mass numbers of people. Osama follows that one very well.
subcultured at 10:00PM, April 21, 2007
(online)
the islam belief is that gold is permitted for women because of their delicate and gentle nature, and their inclination to like adornment. men are allowed to wear gold, but only in small ammounts.it is a sign of instability and an un-masculine nature to adorn oneself with gold.

J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:02PM
Hawk at 10:46PM, April 21, 2007
(online)
I used to be a big fan of X-Files back when it was on TV. But I'd never even begin to believe some of the conspiracy theories people are throwing around these days. And that Estrogen one? That's just way too hilarious.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
isukun at 11:48PM, April 21, 2007
(online)
I don't see how the estrogen one even works. I can't say any of the women I've met are all that passive.

I also like the theory about the secret DARPA lab under Butt Mountain where they are supposedly researching new weapons and mind control technology. Of course, Butt Mountain is also covered in hiking and bike trails, making it kind of hard to hide the construction of a research facility that is located 7,000 feet below the surface. Not to mention the article HE posted says nothing of a link between DARPA and the lab and claims the lab won't even start construction until 2008. Plus the lab's primary function has nothing to do with weapons development and will be completely open to the school and the public. I think he just assumed people wouldn't READ the article he posted and just look at the headline.

There are also various other “theories” he proposes by taking words out of context and stringing them together in sentences to say something completely different from what was said in an article he references. My favorite was when he claimed an article about the AMADEUS project said “an ‘expanding world population’ may call for the development of ‘perfect weapons’.” Taking two phrases completely out of context (in fact, ‘perfect weapons’ doesn't even appear in the article), he creates a totally new meaning that was never present in the article. His news is about as reliable as the Weekly World News.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
Ronson at 6:47PM, April 22, 2007
(online)
Conspiracies are generally created in an atmosphere that is either ignorant of or disregards the scientific method.

When you have a theory and you cherry pick the facts to conform to your theory, you're examining things wrong. If, on the other hand, you have a theory and then search for facts that contradict your theory - then you have a much more supportable theory.

Alex Jones' theories - like all conspiracy theories - are the former and very little of the latter. They argue for one big bad guy that hides in the shadows and creates big showy displays of power - JFK's assassination, 9/11, columbine, etc. - to maintain their control or to experiment with their new toys.

What in life works like a spy novel, really? Occam's razor can be used to cut through the crap when people start weaving these complex theories.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:10PM
ozoneocean at 10:38PM, April 24, 2007
(online)
You have different species of “conspiracy”

One type involves a lot of leaps of faith in order to get to some very unlikely conclusion. Generally you'll start with some crazy Idea like “Jews are controlling the world” and then you'll work at trying to “prove” it through whatever means you can find: innuendo, rumour, photos, information out of context, 3rd hand information, general opinion, whatever. The veracity of the source is irrelevant, as long as it says what you want it to you include it, that's how these things work.

Another type is the one that begins to develop as you examine ordinary reputable sources, allowing you to slowly come to a valid conclusion. This was how most bright people had worked out that the US would invade Iraq no matter what happened, even before the world trade centre towers in New York were befelled by Osama's dogs. And after that event we knew its fate was sealed. That the conclusion was valid is easily proved by the fact that the prediction was accurate and all “justification” was just as false and invented as it was suspected to be.

While your rather wild “conclusion first facts later” conspiracy theories never come to much. Like Bush's assertion that Iraq had secret chemical weapons labs for instance, and the made up links with Al-Qaida. Those are almost on a par with David Ike's theories that the British royal family are all snake aliens from outerspace that eat human babies. (he actually believes this).

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM
Ronson at 5:06AM, April 25, 2007
(online)
Absolutely.

A conspiracy, after all, is just two or more people doing something in secret. Conspiracies certainly happen all the time.

The problem is in differentiating between the “conspiracy theories of the gaps” and the “conspiracy theory rooted in fact.”

Alex Jones, the producers of “Loose Change” and the guy who thinks the royal family are lizards are great at spinning a story that use all publicly known data and reinterprets it into vast webs of ulterior motives and secret deals.

And, like all good far flung and fanciful ideas, they are very hard to disprove. As more facts come out about something, they can alter their theories to incorporate the new data.

People just have to be careful about who they believe…as always. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:10PM
chee2424 at 7:22PM, May 23, 2007
(online)
the lizards are lying on pretty thick. But you can't sit here tell me that earth has yet to contacted by aliens. And on that note just like humans there are good and bad aliens.

Alex jones isn't a nut job, the government is trying to take over. If you believe that 9/11 is screwy okay lets go with that. Think about the patriot act, homeland security and gps tracking devices . You can now get views of your house if your listed in your phone book, from google. The goverment can take your land whenever they see fit. You can get sent to prison because you threaten the country. People want chips so they don't get lost. Trusting the government, but you give up your freedom for it. Listen to your regilions all teach this stuff. And if you don't believe in a god, you have been warned.

Problem>> reaction>> solution
9/11 > War on terror >> Police state

Look at metal gear four where snake says that in the future is war is done by businesses. War is good for business, to fight a war you need guns bullets and other stuff now these items don't create themselves thats part one.Also all the flags signs and ribbons, how often did you see them you saw them but you didn't care as much as you do now.War is like FIFA it's a sick contest between two teams but in this case one fails. No country wants there home team to lose so you promote you team in your country that what your doing is right. Like professional sports there is a lot of crap that goes on that we don't know, look at madden do they show drugs no becuz it's rated E for kids. Another case everyone look at yourself you got 10 secerts multiply that by the size of your state or provance or prefecture theres your state secerts in america mulitple that by 60 (50 states but give or take the terriorites.) Thats a lot of secrets but how do you know for sure, you do because you think his ideas are nuts. Instead of say lets wait……… you say he's nut job. Well if someone has a different opinion from you, you might as well call them an idiot too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
Atom Apple at 8:06PM, May 23, 2007
(online)
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:03AM
dueeast at 10:30AM, May 26, 2007
(online)
This is funny! I liked this one… I've had conversations like this with people (and I'm not a conspiracy buff). “There's a wallll there!” (put hands together to imitate a wall)

Atom Apple

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
ccs1989 at 11:47AM, May 26, 2007
(online)
chee2424
the lizards are lying on pretty thick. But you can't sit here tell me that earth has yet to contacted by aliens. And on that note just like humans there are good and bad aliens.

What?

Alex jones isn't a nut job, the government is trying to take over. If you believe that 9/11 is screwy okay lets go with that. Think about the patriot act, homeland security and gps tracking devices . You can now get views of your house if your listed in your phone book, from google. The goverment can take your land whenever they see fit.

I don't see how a view of my house on Google Maps is all that threatening. The government has sattelites that are much more powerful than that. Also the government has to reinburse you for your land if they need to take it for some reason, and that doesn't happen very often. Although it might happen if you don't pay your taxes.
I do dislike the Patriot Act, but you don't provide any support in your argument for why I shouldn't like it.

You can get sent to prison because you threaten the country.

It's called treason, and it's been around since the founding of the US. Ever heard of Aaron Burr?

People want chips so they don't get lost. Trusting the government, but you give up your freedom for it. Listen to your regilions all teach this stuff. And if you don't believe in a god, you have been warned.

Actually freedom of religion is still in full effect. Also GPS chips are from private companies, which no one is making you buy. And yes, you do have to trust the government, but you can also vote for elected leaders to change the government. Also if you didn't put any control in the government's hands then there would be anarchy.

Look at metal gear four where snake says that in the future is war is done by businesses. War is good for business, to fight a war you need guns bullets and other stuff now these items don't create themselves thats part one.

What you're talking about here is called the “military-industrial complex” in which the military and the government shack up and have a kid called “profit” which is done through a process called “war”. There is no “future” where war is done by business. That's the present. There's already a ton of independent soldiers owned by private corporations in Iraq. But you don't back this up with anything. It doesn't help prove your point that this conspiracy theorist isn't a wack job.

Also all the flags signs and ribbons, how often did you see them you saw them but you didn't care as much as you do now.

Part of that is propaganda, and part of that is that is because people have sons or cousins or people they know that are fighting overseas. When you're fighting a war a lot of people are obviously going to act patriotic as one way of showing “support for the troops”.

Instead of say lets wait……… you say he's nut job. Well if someone has a different opinion from you, you might as well call them an idiot too.

It's not that this guy has a different opinion, it's that he takes things out of context and makes baseless claims with no factual support. It's like having someone say “We need to avoid war” and then quoting them as “We need…war.” He just makes up meanings.

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
Peter Melvin at 3:22PM, May 26, 2007
(offline)
There is only one word that accuratly describes conspiracy theorists: Bugf*ck

Rusty Knight at 6:07PM, May 26, 2007
(offline)
I cracked up when I saw this thread. My dad listens to this guy all the time.

My opinion? He may have a FEW good points, but whenever he does get a good point, he destroys any respect for himself by getting out of hand. He loses his profesionalism which make people think he's just a conspiracy theorist with a talk show.

I remember he called, I think it was the Texas governor a few years back, on to the show, and did nothing but flip out on him. He didn't give the guy a chance to talk.

Probably the most logical reason the Government doesn't try to shut him up, is because if they DID, everyone who listens to his show would know exactly what happened to him. Besides. He doesn't hold that big of an audience to do any real damage. Most of the people who listen to him, already have crazy theories of their own.
I'm Jon. You can call me Dr. Jon… but I prefer Jon since I'm not really a Doctor.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:12PM
ccs1989 at 8:35PM, May 26, 2007
(online)
Rusty Knight
I remember he called, I think it was the Texas governor a few years back, on to the show, and did nothing but flip out on him. He didn't give the guy a chance to talk.

Wow, he sounds like a liberal Bill O'Reily.

kyupol at 7:34AM, May 29, 2007
(online)
I also have a feeling at the back of my head that Alex Jones is a double agent working for the new world order.

There is a method of reverse-propaganda or something like that.

What you have to do is say statements that your target will likely say… then randomly insert stupid shit.

I've done the same thing on a hardcore animal rights website one time. I've posted stuff like… “why is killing animals not a war crime?” Then dissed iraqi insurgents and US forces for innocently killing animals… and I was like… “who cares about humans being killed? The dead humans are most likely to be meat eaters!!! That is one less carnivore in the world!!!”

Could be Alex Jones an agent of the New world order? Is his purpose really to stay there and diss the new world order… and at the same time make himself look stupid by acting paranoid and shit? That way, be a part of the New world order propaganda machine… To make people with that kind of view look like nutjobs. Therefore, convincing the general population to view such kinds of people as nutjobs. Therefore winning the propaganda war.

I've watched his film called “Bohemian grove”. He allegedly inflitrated the grove located in california… and has taped evidence of the new world order performing paganistic or satanic rituals.

See for yourself. Google videos “bohemian grove” or “dark secrets alex jones”.

In one scene, he claims to have been approached by an officer as he was videotaping the remote area of the location.

If he was spotted, wouldnt they right away silence him or something? Afterall… he was behind enemy lines. Afterall… he was in the secret meeting place of the new world order… then make up a story of him.

And he was in the crowd watching the ritual. Wouldnt somebody just have noticed a camera taping that… and alert the guards or something?

NOW UPDATING!!!
Phantom Penguin at 2:46AM, May 30, 2007
(offline)
chee2424

Alex jones isn't a nut job, the government is trying to take over. If you believe that 9/11 is screwy okay lets go with that. Think about the patriot act, homeland security and gps tracking devices . You can now get views of your house if your listed in your phone book, from google. The goverment can take your land whenever they see fit. You can get sent to prison because you threaten the country. People want chips so they don't get lost. Trusting the government, but you give up your freedom for it. Listen to your regilions all teach this stuff. And if you don't believe in a god, you have been warned.

Problem>> reaction>> solution
9/11 > War on terror >> Police state

Look at metal gear four where snake says that in the future is war is done by businesses. War is good for business, to fight a war you need guns bullets and other stuff now these items don't create themselves thats part one.Also all the flags signs and ribbons, how often did you see them you saw them but you didn't care as much as you do now.War is like FIFA it's a sick contest between two teams but in this case one fails. No country wants there home team to lose so you promote you team in your country that what your doing is right. Like professional sports there is a lot of crap that goes on that we don't know, look at madden do they show drugs no becuz it's rated E for kids. Another case everyone look at yourself you got 10 secerts multiply that by the size of your state or provance or prefecture theres your state secerts in america mulitple that by 60 (50 states but give or take the terriorites.) Thats a lot of secrets but how do you know for sure, you do because you think his ideas are nuts. Instead of say lets wait……… you say he's nut job. Well if someone has a different opinion from you, you might as well call them an idiot too.

Alex Jones?
marine at 1:08PM, May 30, 2007
(offline)
He needs to hire a fucking web designer. Even my shitty drunk duck site has more easy to find content than his.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved