Comic Talk and General Discussion *

All of a sudden you find yourself able to "hear" what the opposite sex is thinking....
Inkmonkey at 4:17PM, Nov. 27, 2009
(offline)
kyupol
Why stop at what the opposite sex is thinking?

What about hearing what our politicians (and various non-elected people who have power) are thinking?!?

Its good if we all had that ability. That would mean more honesty and less corruption. And in the end, a better world to live in.

I don't say this often, but honestly… you ruin everything you touch. Not everything has to be about your pseudopolitical rambling. Grow up a little, and let fun little forum discussions be fun little forum discussions.

Gah, that aside, I think I'm from the crowd that I wouldn't want to deal with the pressure of hearing every thought a woman has, especially about me. I'm sure some of it is just the sort of thing my ego just wouldn't be able to handle.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:38PM, Nov. 27, 2009
(offline)
Yeah that's a bit harsh…

MAybe choice hearing would be better…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
Ozoneocean at 9:45PM, Nov. 27, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
Imagine the embarassment when you realize she's been looking at certain parts of you for over an hour, rating them by size, firmness (from what she can see), and then finding out that despite you believing in your “manliness” she gives you a horribly low rating…
I can't imagine many women would do that. Or even any?
I mean, as a male I don't spend that long thinking about any woman's genitals or breasts and certainly not in any great detail.

Maybe I'm the exception…?

Maybe we all need to read Lonnehart's mind. That could be entertaining. ^___^
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
usedbooks at 9:53PM, Nov. 27, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
Imagine the embarassment when you realize she's been looking at certain parts of you for over an hour, rating them by size, firmness (from what she can see), and then finding out that despite you believing in your “manliness” she gives you a horribly low rating…
I'll let you in on a secret (I hope the secret ladies' society doesn't excommunicate me…). If a woman is staring at your crotch:
a. You're fly is open.
b. You've peed on yourself.

There. Now you don't have to feel so embarrassed or self conscious, so dry off and zip up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
Lonnehart at 12:56AM, Nov. 28, 2009
(online)
Chances are she's staring at other parts of you to see how healthy you are. Y'know… muscles, facial features, etc… After all, she wants the best traits for her children, right?

I'm sure there are women who look at men's naughty bits. Just not so many of them, I think. In the movie that inspired this thread there was a woman who was shocked when she realized that she looked at the main character's crotch… TWICE!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Ozoneocean at 1:31AM, Nov. 28, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
I'm sure there are women who look at men's naughty bits.
I'm sure Lonnehart. Except not for a solid hour and not speculating overly deeply about them. :)
No crotch is that interesting…

Unless there's a strange bulge there and she's trying hard to work out what it is?

“A banana? …naw… too lumpy. A pair of socks? Hmm, looks about right”
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:24AM, Nov. 28, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
Unless there's a strange bulge there and she's trying hard to work out what it is?
“A banana? …naw… too lumpy. A pair of socks? Hmm, looks about right”

um… where did the sanity of this world go…? Can't we all not have perverted minds about each other? I'm sure there are some people of both gender who would not think about appearance rather than thinking about the character of the person. With only one way links of thought-reading, observation of thought becomes worthless. …wait. As usual, tell me if that makes any sense.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
usedbooks at 8:53AM, Nov. 28, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
Chances are she's staring at other parts of you to see how healthy you are. Y'know… muscles, facial features, etc… After all, she wants the best traits for her children, right?
Okay, Mr. caveman… Let's go ahead and think only of the women who are man-hunting (and I would venture to say most aren't) and are looking at men not as human beings but solely as possible mates. ('Cause that's how men look at women, right? :P)

Under those conditions, ladies are not staring at muscles or “parts.” If the question is who will be a good mate, who will be a good father, and whose children will stand the best chance of survival and success, those ladies are not looking at the body at all (unless it is hideously deformed), they are looking on what is covering it. A designer suit? A lab coat? A stained wife-beater? These are the thoughts of the man-hunting woman. Is he clean and well-dressed? Does he have a good job? These are the traits of modern survival.

I know that the only time I stare or ponder any “part” is why it is either deformed or placed on display (like in tights or something). In these cases, I'm not usually thinking about the size or health or how this somehow translates to love or fatherhood, I'm thinking “Why the hell is he wearing those godawful pants?”

But maybe I'm ignorant. Are humans really just walking around on display like cattle at auction?

What worries me is if you think this is what women think about, is that because these are thoughts you have about women? Because I make a natural assumption that other people (both sexes) think of the same kinds of things I do. If someone glances at me, I assume they might be wondering where I am going today, or if I'm wearing a watch so they can ask for the time, or deducing my day's excursion based on my outfit or my gait. I don't assume they are thinking “Well, the boobs are a 7 but the butt is a 3.”

However, I did find this survey of physical attraction for the people who are sizing each other (or themselves) up for market. Although I find it a mostly sad commentary myself. Especially this part:
Someone
While 92 percent of men would have a sexual relationship with someone with a fantastic body but an average face, only 82 percent would date them.
Which is another reason, I'd rather not venture into the minds of men.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
Lonnehart at 12:25PM, Nov. 28, 2009
(online)
usedbooks
Okay, Mr. caveman…

Yowch! I feel like I just got burnt at the steak. Or is that stake?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
patrickdevine at 1:41PM, Nov. 28, 2009
(online)
kyupol
Why stop at what the opposite sex is thinking?

What about hearing what our politicians (and various non-elected people who have power) are thinking?!?

Its good if we all had that ability. That would mean more honesty and less corruption. And in the end, a better world to live in.

I don't think this is a choose your own hypothetical sort of thing but all right.

Ahem. All right, if I could hear what women were thinking it would totally freak me out! I'd get paranoid that somewhere there's probably some lady that can hear what I'm thinking and I may start experimenting with tinfoil hats.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
Avalon comics at 2:44PM, Nov. 29, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart

Not everyone is out to start a family, dude, I know I ain't.

Seriously, two things factor into this: experience and confidence. confidence overrides everything. Except creepiness; creepiness overrides confidence.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:13AM
harkovast at 5:18PM, Nov. 29, 2009
(online)
If I realised I could hear women thoughts there would be a danger that I might be turning into Mel Gibson from the film “What Women Want”.
I would thus not take any chances and would kill myself immediately before I turn into that talentless anti-semetic, anglophobic, douche bag!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
martinlo_23 at 6:36PM, Nov. 29, 2009
(offline)
I didn't watch the movie but It will a smart move catboy.
DarkMartio rules.(That's me.) The cake is a lie. I heard u lieks mudkips.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 8:46AM, Nov. 30, 2009
(online)
When a guy is looking at a woman it is most likly he is checking them out. I don't know if it is the same where you live but for atleast the American west coast it is. I check out girls all the time just like my fellow males but I userally find myself saying she is cute while another male would be “Look at her breasts!” Also ladies if a group of guys are looking at you they are commenting on you. Once agian I don't know if this is the common thing where you live but it is here.

Also women think about this stuff too if not as much. I mean I see groups of women check out guys. Once agian this may not be the case where you are but here it is.

Now I'd like to have that power. I'd learn a little about how people see me. I'd use it for the secret crush stuff and for just figuring out whats wrong with my friends and family.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
Hakoshen at 1:12PM, Nov. 30, 2009
(offline)
I had an interesting glimpse into the world of women the other day. And if women are thinking anything like what men are thinking (and I can assume they often do) then I want NOTHING to do with it.

The glimpse I refer to came about when I, one of three men in the office and the only one under thirty, was walking through the office and one of the women asked me without preamble “When you go to take a crap, do you sit or do you squat?” I was dumbstruck and didn't know how to reply.

Well, long story short one lady in the office complained to a supervisor that the toilets were too low and she's too old to be crouching down to piss all the time. Another lady heard this and was appalled she sat on the toilet at all. They then went around and asked everyone in the office whether they sat or squatted. This and the following discussion went on for the better part of two hours.

So my glimpse into the world of women revolved around taking a shit. I don't really care to hear any more than that. If however, I could turn it on and off like say, when I'm talking to a cute girl yeah I'd like to be able to know what she's thinking, but hearing the constant thoughts of an office full of women who already treat me like I'm part of the group and don't hold back what they say around me would be a bit much.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
skoolmunkee at 5:20PM, Nov. 30, 2009
(offline)
Those women are idiots
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
Hakoshen at 7:06PM, Nov. 30, 2009
(offline)
Well it wasn't as serious as all that, they were joking around trying to kill the last few hours of the day. I wasn't going to argue with a diversion the rest of the office was caught up in.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
PIT_FACE at 9:01AM, Dec. 1, 2009
(online)
oh fuck no! do you know how much friggin baggage some people have? now i have to listen to how they think too? no! hell no!if there's something malicios on someone's mind, it'll come out sooner or later and i'll deal with it then. but that just sound slike too much stress…man OR woman!

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Ozoneocean at 11:54AM, Dec. 1, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
toilet talk
+
Well it wasn't as serious as all that, they were joking around trying to kill the last few hours….
Sounds like the end of every single admin meeting we ever had. -when we still had those.
Faliat at 2:45PM, Dec. 1, 2009
(offline)
Women are impossible to read. Even with the gift of reading their minds you'd be like “What the fuck? You don't want me to draw the white curtains because my hands will get them dirty? WHY DID YOU BUY WHITE CURTAINS?!?!?!?!”

Also, I question why they want to have more than one kid knowing the horrors of birth…

I confuse myself even.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
The Gravekeeper at 9:47PM, Dec. 7, 2009
(offline)
I'd probably isolate myself. I come into contact with hundreds of people every day, and with half of them being the opposite sex, that could cause one hell of a headache.

That, and I'd really rather not know what both perverts and misogynists are thinking.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
Pineapple at 1:23PM, Dec. 8, 2009
(online)
I think the male and female minds both have their own problems that no-one should have to listen to. For a woman, the mind never switches off, it would be like listening to a high pitched whine on-one else could hear. For a guy, most of the thought probably go along the lines of (read in a sing-song way), "tits and boobs, tits and boobs, boy how I really like tits and boobs"
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon