Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Am I Going Insane?
SpANG at 8:27AM, Aug. 1, 2008
(online)
Croi Dhubh
Congratulations, you just proved you're closed minded…
Croi Dhubh
Hmm…except I'm not being closed minded…
Croi Dhubh
I didn't read anything since I posted last, nor will I.
No offense man, but that seems a little hypocritical. You want everyone to believe that when something can't be explained, it's paranormal. But you refuse to listen to anyone that says that it doesn't have to be.

“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
VegaX at 2:08PM, Aug. 1, 2008
(offline)
Croi Dhubh
Just because someone can see or hear things you cannot, does not make them crazy or mentally unbalanced.
So i guess that strange guy that i sometimes see talking to himself and yelling on the train is really just a normal guy that has special powers. How cool!

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:39PM
Faliat at 7:24PM, Aug. 1, 2008
(offline)
I hear voices too. I was tested for psychosis for about eight months, but the people I talked to came to the conclusion that it was medically unexplained. My friend keeps saying it's OCD related. But I don't know.

Sometimes they just can't help you. But it's a good idea to get in there and see if they can anyway.

You might go through a lot for just nothing, but it's a weird experience anyway.

On my 19th birthday I had my arms full of needle marks from the various attempts at drawing blood from them. It was a blast. lol. It wasn't at the time because the first time it got done my vein collapsed in m hand but afterwards I got to sit down and play videogames all day. Lol.

Good thing was, I didn't go through THAT for nothing… At least I think I did.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Aurora Moon at 12:22AM, Aug. 3, 2008
(offline)
VegaX
Croi Dhubh
Just because someone can see or hear things you cannot, does not make them crazy or mentally unbalanced.
So i guess that strange guy that i sometimes see talking to himself and yelling on the train is really just a normal guy that has special powers. How cool!

sorry, but I think Croi is right. there's medical explanations for such things that doesn't label the person as being mentally unbalanced, much less crazy.

It could easily be damaged/infected eardrums which causes you to hear some weird stuff, etc.

Hell, once in a rare while I keep on seeing glowing fireflies everywhere I see for a couple of seconds, and they're not actually there. The reason why I sometimes see them is due to an eye condition where you can move your eyeballs in all sorts of angles that most humans can't do. even the rolled-back eye trick where people can only see your eye whites, but not your pupils. This can cause flashing lights or fireflies to appear if I happen to move my eyeballs in certain directions too fast, or when I stand up too fast.

those are conditions which has completely nothing to do with an person's mental state, and they still count as hearing and seeing things that aren't there.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
bravo1102 at 11:34AM, Aug. 6, 2008
(offline)
Aurora Moon
Hell, once in a rare while I keep on seeing glowing fireflies everywhere I see for a couple of seconds, and they're not actually there. The reason why I sometimes see them is due to an eye condition where you can move your eyeballs in all sorts of angles that most humans can't do. even the rolled-back eye trick where people can only see your eye whites, but not your pupils. This can cause flashing lights or fireflies to appear if I happen to move my eyeballs in certain directions too fast, or when I stand up too fast.

I also have to watch for those fireflies and flashes as I once had a detached retina and multiple concussions.

My mother hears the ringing and I hear the barely discernable voices. My brain wants to organize the sounds into words, though I know there's nothing there. With all the loud noises I've been exposed to it was only a matter of time before I developed the condition. Tinnitus.

I've had the psych exams that ruled out psychological problems and then purusued the physical problems. Of course I know about Catch-22. (great book, one of few I felt was worth reading more than once) Show concern for your sanity and you're not insane. Deny you're crazy and get defensive over whether you're insane and more than likely you are. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Product Placement at 12:13PM, Aug. 6, 2008
(online)
Well hello there, It looks like there's a heated discussion going on here….

… Ok then. If you don't mind me I'm gonna stand over there.

Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:49PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon