Debate and Discussion

America, Nazi playground or Land of the free.
Comicmasta at 5:44AM, Sept. 23, 2006
(offline)
One day in schooli was drawing A doodle of some giant japanese gundom robot thing fighting off an army of Nazi's when suddenly one of my friends taps me on the back and says "Did you know you can spot the NAZI symbol in the american flag?"
So i turn around and look at him and say "Oh hells no!" and he just replys with "Im serious, check out the blank center in the american flag and you can find the Nazi symbol……WHATA know i did!

Heres a picture of the normal flag.

incase you cant find the sign i made a picture of the flag with the nazi sign outlined

Actually it looks more like a nazi sign in person.

(I am aware this is mindless propaganda, and steven colbert, if you end up in this thread I CHALLENGE YOU TO A PROPOGANDA OFF!)
i have been brought back….The Boanitia..grrrrr…..Must find Super Jesus!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:43AM
Mimarin at 3:25PM, Sept. 23, 2006
(offline)
While the flag thing is retarded I say nazi playground, mainly because of all the bias and hatred and things, I mean MY bias and hatred against america.
Of course you will. All intelligent beings dream. Nobody knows why.

Also, tell random people they are awsome! it helps!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
Comicmasta at 3:28PM, Sept. 23, 2006
(offline)
Mimarin
MY bias and hatred against america.
Join the club we got jackets >_>
Comicmasta at 3:54PM, Sept. 23, 2006
(offline)
equinox
Mimarin
MY bias and hatred against america.

Don't hold a grudge against the US itself. Only our gov't sucks. The majority of people don't share the same views as our gov't.

Hell, not much we can even do about it either. You think they let us pick who is in charge? They have a group called the ‘electoral college’ who picks who is in charge.
Thats why you guys have inpeachments people!
Mimarin at 4:19PM, Sept. 23, 2006
(offline)
The one thing that gets me about america is the christianity, the sort of rediculous pseudo devotion bullshit going on there is retarded and annoying, lots of americans seem to take their religion incredibly seriously, but only when it's convinient to them, I've yet to find a christian who won't eat pork of shellfish because their holy book clearly prohibits it, yet when they need a reason to hate poor harmless homosexual folk they refer TO THE SAME DAMN PROPHET who forbids them from eating pork.

it's stupid.

Terminal at 4:22PM, Sept. 23, 2006
(online)
I don't hate America, it's a great place, I hate the people in it.

(Not all, just the asses and stupid people, which make up 99.9% of the population)

.: Myxomatosis :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:09PM
Mimarin at 4:57PM, Sept. 23, 2006
(offline)
I know exactly what theya re like, I have family who are them.

and I know about the sort of things they do, and yet people say "OMG ISLAM R EVIL" honestly I think fundamentalist christians are a thousand times worse, if only because they influence the most powerful country on earth.

isukun at 5:53PM, Sept. 23, 2006
(online)
America is NOT a democracy anymore

America was never a democracy. Democracy doesn't work, plain and simple. It is an extreme on one end of the political spectrum and the extremes tend to not work outside of a perfect society. This is why most governments compromise in some way or risk falling out of power. The US is a democratic republic. We elect government officials which are supposed to represent us.

You think they let us pick who is in charge? They have a group called the ‘electoral college’ who picks who is in charge.

If you had any clue how the electoral college worked, you wouldn't say that. Electors in the electoral college are not randomly assigned or appointed by the government. There is a reason why 99% of the time all of the electoral college votes in a state go to the candidate who won the popular vote in that state.

.: isukun :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
ExtremeCracka at 9:00PM, Sept. 23, 2006
(offline)
America is not a bunch of nazis! Bush is a great president! He got rid of Sadam Husein and the Taliban! Who cares if a bunch of soldiers died in the process. They knew the risks when they signed up. So America is great. You should all realize that.
A true top drawer hero :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
hat at 10:21PM, Sept. 23, 2006
(offline)
Communism would be better.
Not even kidding.

We are too irresponsible for this ‘democracy’ thing.
See they give the people power and now look what happens, we're in Iraq killing people/getting killed for no reason.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
Comicmasta at 4:37AM, Sept. 24, 2006
(offline)
extremecracka
America is not a bunch of nazis! .

Yeah it is

extremecracka
Bush is a great president!

Where the fuck have you been for the last 6 years?

extremecracka
He got rid of Sadam Husein and the Taliban!

Sadam Husein yes, The taliban A-no!

extremecracka
Who cares if a bunch of soldiers died in the process. They knew the risks when they signed up.

Yeah i dont give a shit and two fucks about them, were talking about america not the wars.

extremecracka
So America is great. You should all realize that

LOOK AMERICA IS LYING! Its not for and by the people anymore! Now the goverment is forcing laws down your throat

Anti-gay marriage law.
Stem cell research being shutdown
FCAT

and goddammit the only smart things i think they did were..
Make it so people from canada and Mexico can join in the army and have citizenship in the USA
Invent the doughnut.
isukun at 8:18AM, Sept. 24, 2006
(online)
Communism would be better.
Not even kidding.

We are too irresponsible for this ‘democracy’ thing.

Communism and Democracy are entirely seperate and unrelated things. For a communist government to function properly, it has to have democratic elements. Capitalism is the opposite of communism. Neither system works well on its own, which is why there are no governments or economies which are fully communist or fully capitalist. We use the terms primarily to express which side a government leans on.

But even still, the popular vote should be what counts. Obviously the electoral college doesn't HAVE to vote the same way as the popular vote.

The electoral college is chosen by the parties which nominated the presidential candidates. When you vote, you are voting for groups of electors who represent that candidate. No, they don't HAVE to vote that way, but what party is going to choose electors who won't vote for their candidate?

LOOK AMERICA IS LYING! Its not for and by the people anymore! Now the goverment is forcing laws down your throat

Anti-gay marriage law.
Stem cell research being shutdown
FCAT

Any amendment abolishing gay marriage would have to voted upon by the people. The federal government cannot simply abolish it. Current laws are on the state level. In many cases, the people in those states agree with those laws despite a minority who object.

Stem cell research was not shut down. It still occurs in the US and with government funding, too. The issue was with a particular source of stem cells. The government no longer funds research done with embryonic stem cells, but they do not restrict researchers from using them.

The FCAT really doesn't have anything to do with the federal government. I'd suggest you take it up with your state and local officials or at least vote in someone other than Jeb Bush.

Comicmasta at 8:20AM, Sept. 24, 2006
(offline)
isukun
I'd suggest you take it up with your state and local officials or at least vote in someone other than Jeb Bush.
Im in Mexico Biznatch, aight?
isukun at 8:23AM, Sept. 24, 2006
(online)
Then why should you care?

Comicmasta at 8:26AM, Sept. 24, 2006
(offline)
isukun
Then why should you care?
Why should you care?
isukun at 8:31AM, Sept. 24, 2006
(online)
Because I'm actually local.

Comicmasta at 8:39AM, Sept. 24, 2006
(offline)
isukun
Because I'm actually local.
Well that solves our problem then.
The mediocre one at 10:25AM, Sept. 24, 2006
(offline)
think about it: the biggest, baddest country, we're gonna get people right? maybe people fleeing other bad gov'ts? SO we're gonna get cowards escaping other shit, too. Cowards are loudmouths by nature (you really can't argue against that.) so we're gonna get a bunch of fuck heads that are biased to everything but themselves (I.E. Nazis, KKK, Bloods, Krypts, IRS, etc.) BUT they can say what they want, just so long as it dosn't place the public in danger (yelling fire in a theatre, for instance.) and it's that, or psychos like Rich rule us and yeah…
But still I think that our gov't sucks more because they can't tell the truth for some reason. So in some respects, even I'm better as a politician, I'll tell people if we're fucked or if there's no boomy-booms in some place. They can't they can't ever show that they're wrong -.-
I know it's a lot of text but please don't ignore it I want in on the argument ;.;
Paper Mache Cataclysm
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:15PM
ccs1989 at 10:36AM, Sept. 24, 2006
(online)
extremecracka
America is not a bunch of nazis! Bush is a great president! He got rid of Sadam Husein

…Who wasn't posing any threat to America, and who Bush removed from power by invading with only a few other countries, instead of forming a wide-spread coalition and getting the support of the UN.

Who cares if a bunch of soldiers died in the process. They knew the risks when they signed up. So America is great. You should all realize that.

You obviously don't know what the army does to get people to join up. Propaganda Propaganda Propaganda. And most of these people weren't ready for the stress of war. They did it because they wanted to better their lives. Why should the poor in this country have to die to fight the rich's war?

America's leadership for the past 6 years alienated the rest of the world, started up a conflict that will take years to end, and has done nothing to treat the problems that need treating, such as the fact that most Americans don't have health insurance, or that races are becoming segregated in schools again (through income barriers this time) etc.

You're greviously misinformed.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
BigFishComic at 12:13PM, Sept. 24, 2006
(offline)
hey, how many of you guys actively participate in politics?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
Comicmasta at 12:20PM, Sept. 24, 2006
(offline)
bigfishcomic
if smoking pot around a lava lamp and talking about politics is activly participating then i do!
isukun at 12:26PM, Sept. 24, 2006
(online)
think about it: the biggest, baddest country, we're gonna get people right? maybe people fleeing other bad gov'ts? SO we're gonna get cowards escaping other shit, too. Cowards are loudmouths by nature (you really can't argue against that.) so we're gonna get a bunch of fuck heads that are biased to everything but themselves (I.E. Nazis, KKK, Bloods, Krypts, IRS, etc.)

We do get a lot of immigrants fleeing oppressive governments and societies, yet those are not the most vocal groups in the US. The biggest loudmouths are native organiztions which are trying to force their ideals on everyone. Groups like the fundamentalist Christians.

I do.

ccs1989 at 12:26PM, Sept. 24, 2006
(online)
bigfishcomic

Well, I'm not old enough to vote, but I do keep up to date on politics.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
hat at 12:35PM, Sept. 24, 2006
(offline)
I don't bother voting. I never seem to like any of the candidates.
The mediocre one at 1:31PM, Sept. 24, 2006
(offline)
isukun
We do get a lot of immigrants fleeing oppressive governments and societies, yet those are not the most vocal groups in the US. The biggest loudmouths are native organiztions which are trying to force their ideals on everyone. Groups like the fundamentalist Christians.

Well if you thinka bout it all the really "ZOMG YOU MUST BE CHRISTIAN LAWL!!!!" people are really not being fundamentalist at all, like just mention it once, if they don't like the idea, fuck it. Don't like burn crosses in people's lawns to try to scare them into it. The fundamental belief in christianity is that god loves everyone, that jesus loves everyone, right? so even if they arn't christian he loves him because we're all god's children, right? Right. Then shut up and let people get on with their day -.-

So fundamental christianity should be quite the opposite of what these people do all the freakin time.

I agree there are a lot of loudmouths in christianity but it's also the biggest religeon (encompassing all four thousand sects) so there are bound to be more solely because of it's size.

Yeah I get off topic easy.

I would vote but I'm too young, and there seem to be no good politicians…they all go AROUND questions instead of answering them.
Paper Mache Cataclysm
Mazoo at 3:24PM, Sept. 24, 2006
(offline)
hat
I don't bother voting. I never seem to like any of the candidates.

Then I don't see how you can back yourself up when you complain about the gov't and the political leaders. You are not contributing to the outcome, and you can complain all you want, but the fact that you didn't at least try and place your opinion in the matter in the first place invalidates your whining. At least in my book.

Look what happens when ignorant people vote. We need the competent ones to vote so history doesn't repeat itself.

The fundamental belief in christianity is that god loves everyone, that jesus loves everyone, right? so even if they arn't christian he loves him because we're all god's children, right?

I thought it was treat others how you want to be treated or love your fellow man. Besides, one of the Ten Comandments is that there shall be no other gods except Him. Other religions break this "big rule" almost automatically, so that may be one of the bigger reasons why some Christians have so much hostility towards other religions. I'm not excusing their prejudice, though.

However, I'm not Christian so don't quote me on that.

Anyways, to get this topic back on topic… about Nazis (or Neo-Nazis, more specifically) in America. It all comes back to everyone's prejudices against others. They are entitled to discriminate against whoever since you're allowed to discriminate against them. Now, I don't believe in Neo-Nazism, but there are two sides to this agrument here.

The problem is, is that the founding of America was not intended for such bastardization of its rules. People are playing America's freedom to their sinister needs.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM
Mimarin at 3:37PM, Sept. 24, 2006
(offline)
Lots of major religions dont even break the "no gods above me" Judeism, Islam and christianity all worship the exact same god, the only major difference is a couple of prophets here and there and ones definition of "the son of god"

The reason for conflict is that 80% of american christians would rather assume other relgions are evil and against theirs than actually look into their history, realise thir folly and get along with their fellow man.

And yeah the Racism and the nazis, what's going on there? They just seem to want a scapegoat to blame all of the world's troubles on. either that or they have a baseless superiority complex. And it's not like there aren't a load of good reasons to hate people, egotism, idiocy, imorality anything, hating people because they are a different colour of ethnic group is silly and dosen't help anybody.

isukun at 7:17PM, Sept. 24, 2006
(online)
I agree there are a lot of loudmouths in christianity but it's also the biggest religeon (encompassing all four thousand sects) so there are bound to be more solely because of it's size.

I'm not talking about Christianity in general, though, and Fundamentalist Christians don't even make up the majority of Christians, let alone the majority of people in this country.

Anyways, to get this topic back on topic… about Nazis (or Neo-Nazis, more specifically) in America.

I don't think the topic ever was actually about Nazis, but about American ideals.

The reason for conflict is that 80% of american christians would rather assume other relgions are evil and against theirs than actually look into their history, realise thir folly and get along with their fellow man.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. Most Christians in the Us are pretty tolerant of other people. There is a very vocal minority which gives others the wrong impression of what most Christians are really like, though. There is a reason why this country hasn't completely forced Christian ideals on every man woman and child. As vocal as those Christians are, most people in the country don't buy into their crap and actually believe we should let people of other cultures, faiths, and so forth live their lives as they please. There are some exceptions, but for the most part that is due to societal fears and not Christianity.

Hawk at 1:55AM, Sept. 25, 2006
(online)
I'm surprised how quickly a topic changed to Christian-bashing without Mykill even being here.

Anyway, I'm going to put forward the unpopular idea that some people who don't like the way America is simply haven't lived in any other country. Sure it's got its faults, but worse than communism?! I can introduce you to actual Russian people who will strongly argue against that sentiment.

After several years in Japan (living the Otaku's dream?) I can tell you that there's no place besides America that I'd want to raise a family. And conditions were great in Japan. I hate dissing a country I love, but Japan, and I'm sure every other country in the world, has problems. America is not the only country with racism, poverty, shady politics, powerful religions, and crime…. in fact, for every one of those things I named off I can think of a country that has it worse than America. But so many people never leave the country to realize that. They just sit here in South Dakota whining about problems and thinking everything is peachy-keen in the other countries.
The mediocre one at 3:23AM, Sept. 25, 2006
(offline)
Sorry for getting off-subject, what i meant to say in entirety was that: even if they are mean and prejudicial, that this is still a place for them to say that, on the other side of teh coin, there are also anti-nazi/KKK, etc. (In austin the KKK sued the city because the protest was so large that the KKK couldn't get out their message) So while they can say what they want, we can too.
Sorry I get amazingly confused and obscure as I continue writing. @_@
Paper Mache Cataclysm

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved