Debate and Discussion

Animal Testing--yea or nay?
TnTComic at 11:57AM, Nov. 18, 2007
(offline)
jagular
Mister Mxyzptlk
kyupol
I'm against animal cruelty.

So am I. I wish those wolves would be nicer to the deer when they rip them apart.
well, actually the wolf has to kill the deer to survive. we on the other do not need a wolf coat to survive. we have sheep. and some people shoot deers for fun, which i think is wasting the world.

The deer doesn't give a shit why its being killed.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:31PM
bobhhh at 4:47PM, Nov. 18, 2007
(offline)
TnTComic
jagular
Mister Mxyzptlk
kyupol
I'm against animal cruelty.

So am I. I wish those wolves would be nicer to the deer when they rip them apart.
well, actually the wolf has to kill the deer to survive. we on the other do not need a wolf coat to survive. we have sheep. and some people shoot deers for fun, which i think is wasting the world.

The deer doesn't give a shit why its being killed.

And the wolf is not killing for new shampoo, sport or fancy outerwear.
My name is Bob and I approved this signature.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM
TnTComic at 5:09PM, Nov. 18, 2007
(offline)
bobhhh

So?
bobhhh at 5:21PM, Nov. 18, 2007
(offline)
TnTComic
bobhhh

So?

My point exactly: So?

So what if the deer doesn't care why the wolf is killing it? It shouldn't have a bearing on a human's behaviour. I should've been more clear on my sarcasm.
My name is Bob and I approved this signature.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM
TnTComic at 5:42PM, Nov. 18, 2007
(offline)
bobhhh
It shouldn't have a bearing on a human's behaviour.

Exactly. What animals do shouldn't enter the discussion, but it always does.
mlai at 5:17AM, Nov. 19, 2007
(online)
Don't defend deer as an example. For many deer herds, there are big ecological reasons for artificial thinning.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
Mister Mxyzptlk at 11:02AM, Nov. 20, 2007
(offline)
bobhhh
Apparently some people do need to torture and kill animals cruelly, or at least feel the need to justify it.

How is it possible to torture something that doesn't think?

From Wiki:
Torture, according to international law, is "any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him or a third person information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity."

Sounds like I can beat the crap out of my dog and it isn't torture because IT ISN'T A FREEKING PERSON!

It might be cruel. It might be mean. But it isn't torture.
My soul was removed to make room for all this sarcasm.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM
Mister Mxyzptlk at 11:04AM, Nov. 20, 2007
(offline)
mlai
Don't defend deer as an example. For many deer herds, there are big ecological reasons for artificial thinning.

Deer are like vermin in many places. Unfortunately for farmers and ranchers rich idiots from the big cities dump a lot of cash into rural economies so the Game, Fish and Parks people wont let land owners poison the damn things.
horseboy at 2:18PM, Nov. 21, 2007
(offline)
Mister Mxyzptlk
mlai

Deer are like vermin in many places. Unfortunately for farmers and ranchers rich idiots from the big cities dump a lot of cash into rural economies so the Game, Fish and Parks people wont let land owners poison the damn things.
Season just closed here. I'm curious to see the reports on what all the stupid, drunk CF's shot, thinking it's a deer.

On a happy note, here's a pic of my nephew with his doe.
There is no such word as “alot”. “A lot” is two words.
Voltaire
Never seek for happiness, it will merely allude the seeker. Never strive for knowledge, it is beyond man's scope. Never think, for in though lies all the ills of mankind. The wise man, like the rat, the crocodile, the fly, merely fulfills his natural function.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
Mister Mxyzptlk at 3:17PM, Nov. 21, 2007
(offline)
horseboy
Season just closed here. I'm curious to see the reports on what all the stupid, drunk CF's shot, thinking it's a deer.

Does Dick Cheney hunt in your state a lot?

horseboy
On a happy note, here's a pic of my nephew with his

My first deer was a doe. Very good eating. My dad got some big buck and we made him into burger and jerky…
horseboy at 3:21PM, Nov. 21, 2007
(offline)
Mister Mxyzptlk
Does Dick Cheney hunt in your state a lot?
Not to my knowledge, but we get a Lot of yutzs from STL down this way. Every year we have to write “HORSE” on our livestock with shoe polish to keep them from shooting the wrong animal.
There is no such word as “alot”. “A lot” is two words.
Voltaire
Never seek for happiness, it will merely allude the seeker. Never strive for knowledge, it is beyond man's scope. Never think, for in though lies all the ills of mankind. The wise man, like the rat, the crocodile, the fly, merely fulfills his natural function.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
Mister Mxyzptlk at 3:34PM, Nov. 21, 2007
(offline)
horseboy
Every year we have to write “HORSE” on our livestock with shoe polish to keep them from shooting the wrong animal.

I know the type, my brother guides hunters on the family land back home and he has some amazing tales to tell about how truly stupid these big city guys are.
romulux at 3:47PM, Nov. 21, 2007
(offline)
I test everything on babies. I lure them to my house with candy then spray oven cleaner in their faces.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:10PM
mapaghimagsik at 11:14PM, Nov. 21, 2007
(offline)
I can't resist. Animal testing – yay!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved