Random Discussion

Anti Rape Condom
Eunice P at 7:32AM, July 11, 2007
(offline)
The anti-rape female condom (also known as anti-rape condom or the bailer, intended brand name Bailex) was invented by Sonette Ehlers, a South African woman for the purpose of preventing rape.

The device is a latex sheath held firm by shafts of sharp, inward-facing microscopic barbs that would be worn by a woman in her vagina like a tampon. Should an attacker attempt vaginal rape, the penis would penetrate the latex and be bailed by the barbs, causing the attacker pain and (ideally) giving the victim time to escape. The condom would remain bailed to the attacker's body and could be removed only surgically, which would, hypothetically, alert hospital staff and police.

The Rapex would also act as a preventative measure if an attacker had any sexually transmitted diseases. However, this invention had also caused many debates from the public.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
AQua_ng at 8:20AM, July 11, 2007
(online)
That seems like a good idea, but who would want to put that on everyday?

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM
usedbooks at 8:51AM, July 11, 2007
(online)
AQua_ng
That seems like a good idea, but who would want to put that on everyday?
Since most rape is either date rape or people a woman knows, I imagine a woman would only wear it certain times (dates and whatnot; she can take it out if she decides to “consent” ). Not that everyday is out of the question. Women use tampons regularly.

Sounds good to me. Sort of violent, but not more so than rape itself, IMO. Just self defense.

Makes me think of South Park…
“The Gelgamek vagina is three feet wide and filled with razor-sharp teeth. Do you really expect us to have sex with them?!”
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:36PM
AQua_ng at 9:05AM, July 11, 2007
(online)
Oh, it's so obvious now. Sorry, my knowledge of women is minimal at best. IT's like I'm a nerd or something…

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM
subcultured at 9:07AM, July 11, 2007
(online)
i don't think a picture of a condom is NSFW
it's only plastic, not even penis shaped

that's a great idea though!
but it doesn't really work if the attacker goes to the other hole.

J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:02PM
flyingwind66 at 11:17AM, July 11, 2007
(offline)
subcultured

Ok that made me laugh (and I know I should be ><) Yes, I've seen these all over the internet and there's a lot of debate about the fact that it was made and I've heard things like ‘man-hating-fem-nazi’ being said about the woman who invented it O.o I think she was a psychologist and a lady who came in to see her was raped and said “if only I had teeth down there” and that's how the idea spawned.

*shrugs* I don't really have an opinion of these, if someone wants to use it then they want to use it, I personally will try to avoid any situation of which one of these things might ever be useful.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Kohdok at 12:52PM, July 11, 2007
(online)
subcultured

Or simply removes it…

Frankly, I just see more thorough rapists and a few embarrassing moments when either the woman forgets to remove it or says “You want consensual sex? Okay, let me just remove my ”Vulvanator“.” What would the guy think about the woman upon hearing that?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
Phantom Penguin at 2:24PM, July 11, 2007
(offline)
Or a rapist get caught in the Vagina-trap, is still able to move around and is even more pissed off that his cock is stuck in a penis bear trap that he kills the woman.

Or maybe it causes enough pain to drop the guy, who knows, I wouldn't want to test that thing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
Puff at 3:11PM, July 11, 2007
(offline)
I'm a bit confused as to how there could be a debate about this. That would require people supporting rape. That's… eh… horrendous. If you're going to rape someone, I think their vaginal garbage disposal monster invention has the right to tear your penis up. :\
Insufficient funds, banner reposessed! >:0

http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Cure
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:54PM
wyldflowa at 3:25PM, July 11, 2007
(offline)
Aside from everything would that thing be hygenic for the woman? I mean, she couldn't exactly leave it in 24/7 and when she did take it out she'd have to wash it carefully with stuff that wouldn't irritate her vagina… I can't imagine it's very comfortable either.

And how would she know when to wear it? On a day she's expecting to be raped? O_o And like Phantom Penguin said surely if the rapist got that thing stuck on his dick he'd lash out at the woman and she might end up in an even worse situation.

Eeeh… I'm against this. A chastisty belt works better… or a tazer. ‘_’
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
HAM at 4:01PM, July 11, 2007
(offline)
This is where April Fools sex gets worse.

Not that I could disagree with a woman wearing it; for protection purposes of course. I wonder if any rapists have come up with a counter-attack to it?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
Evil_Snuffkin at 4:11PM, July 11, 2007
(online)
Hmmm, doesn't exactly look comfy does it? In the long run it might cause more discomfort to the woman than her attacker. Its a nice idea but I prefere Wyldflowers's taser condom XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
Phantom Penguin at 4:29PM, July 11, 2007
(offline)
And like a tampon wouldn't it cause Toxic Shock Syndrome if left in for long periods of time?
Evil_Snuffkin at 4:36PM, July 11, 2007
(online)
Phantom Penguin
wouldn't it cause Toxic Shock Syndrome if left in for long periods of time?

Under eight hours is safe and I can't imagine many people would want to keep that up them much long than that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
MagickLorelai at 6:11PM, July 11, 2007
(offline)
Seems like a good idea. It might mean wearing it any time you expect to go out, and it might be a bit uncomfortable, but what's that compared to having an intact mental health versus having been attacked, or worse, getting pregnant from such an attack? I dunno.

But I support people looking for solutions and ways to fight back against rape. And why not make a model for men, too? (And don't get in on me on men not being raped/not needing to be protected from rape, because it happens. Not just in prison). I dunno how that would work, but surely there's a way!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
Phantom Penguin at 8:00PM, July 11, 2007
(offline)
MagickLorelai
Seems like a good idea. It might mean wearing it any time you expect to go out, and it might be a bit uncomfortable, but what's that compared to having an intact mental health versus having been attacked, or worse, getting pregnant from such an attack? I dunno.

But I support people looking for solutions and ways to fight back against rape. And why not make a model for men, too? (And don't get in on me on men not being raped/not needing to be protected from rape, because it happens. Not just in prison). I dunno how that would work, but surely there's a way!

No thanks, I will just carry a gun.
Kohdok at 9:04PM, July 11, 2007
(online)
Phantom Penguin
No thanks, I will just carry a gun.

Yeah, I don't think the “Clap trap” would work as well as a Concealed Firearms License.

That thing looks plenty uncomfortable to wear, too. And what if you cut yourself while “installing” it. Seems like as much of a hassle as installing a “Club” on your steering wheel; it's troublesome and not guaranteed. People find ways around it (Like checking before hand) and such.

And whoever accused us of “supporting rape”, I am extremely insulted. Insinuating that I support men who are too pathetic to get some the proper way and thus resort to force is probably the most malign thing I have ever heard. I think rapists are stupid (Maybe just stupid enough to fall for this, but like was said before it'd only piss them off. Men, contrary to popular belief, aren't rendered disabled with a shot to the groin. Granted, the pain doesn't abate for a while, but it's not debilitating. Hell, I got my nuts grabbed and beaten on once and I got up pretty quick.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
My Lady of Sorrow at 4:06AM, July 12, 2007
(offline)
I don't think i could wear one…way too uncomfortable considering that it would actually have to be bigger then a tampoon for a penis to fit inside of it… and phantom penguin's right, it would probably just make the attacker angry enough just to kill the girl.
I'm still trying to think of something funny to put here.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
Puff at 10:25AM, July 12, 2007
(offline)
Kohdok
And whoever accused us of “supporting rape”, I am extremely insulted. Insinuating that I support men who are too pathetic to get some the proper way and thus resort to force is probably the most malign thing I have ever heard. I think rapists are stupid (Maybe just stupid enough to fall for this, but like was said before it'd only piss them off. Men, contrary to popular belief, aren't rendered disabled with a shot to the groin. Granted, the pain doesn't abate for a while, but it's not debilitating. Hell, I got my nuts grabbed and beaten on once and I got up pretty quick.

Kohdok, I never said anyone HERE supported rape. But when people said it was ‘controversial’ I misunderstood that as people saying “Yeah but that's not fair to the rapist”. I figured out what they meant, nevermind. But still, for some reason the word Controversial doesn't seem to fit that description for me. More like… dangerous. :\
Insufficient funds, banner reposessed! >:0

http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Cure
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:54PM
lidless_i at 11:15AM, July 12, 2007
(offline)
I'd heard of this but never seen a picture of one… I figured the spikes would be bigger… and everywhere…. Anyway, I give it two months on the market before someone on jackass decides it'd be funny to slip one on.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:35PM
ozoneocean at 4:04AM, July 13, 2007
(online)
Wow, what a great S&M device! :)
hahahaha!

Yeah… it's not much good though, like PP and others have said: What happens if an angry attacker gets enraged by this? :(
Heh, it'd be partially useful, with a lot of drawbacks… -although NOT for the rapist, literally lol!

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
Memmy at 8:16PM, July 13, 2007
(offline)
Those barbs looks painful but the rubbery look makes it seem harmless… I'm kind of tempted to buy one and stick my finger in just to see if it hurts, but I digress…

If I remember correctly. When its erect, its much more senstive. Am I right?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved