Random Discussion

Anti-abortion activist shot and killed in front of high school
Skullbie at 5:55PM, Sept. 12, 2009
(online)
http://slatest.slate.com/id/2228147/entry/4
Pro-life activist James Pouillon—popularly known as “the abortion sign guy”—was fatally shot outside Owosso High School in Michigan this morning, and Mike Fuoss, the owner of a local gravel pit, was killed shortly after. Pouillon was well-known for standing on street corners with pictures of aborted fetuses—an activity he had engaged in every weekday over the past 10 years—and for his outspoken protests. He had been arrested in 1994 for demonstrating in Owosso's City Hall and filed a free-speech suit against the city later that year. A 33-year-old local man has been taken into custody in connection with the homicides, although police have refused to release his name. In response, several anti-abortion groups have organized a conference in his honor and issued a press release referring to Pouillon as “pro-life’s first martyr.” “Jim Pouillon is a hero,” said the director of Citizens for a Pro-life Society. “He died for the cause of life.”
I half expected one of the quotes below to be “His mission was tragically… aborted”.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
humorman at 6:09PM, Sept. 12, 2009
(offline)
Skullbie
I half expected one of the quotes below to be “His mission was tragically… aborted”.

That was in incredibly poor taste. What an appalling thing for anyone to say.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
Skullbie at 6:12PM, Sept. 12, 2009
(online)
humorman
Skullbie

*finishes printing out maimed baby corpses to expose to high schoolers* Huh wha? Oh yeah, very true, i apologize.

BffSatan at 12:25AM, Sept. 13, 2009
(online)
humorman
Skullbie

I don't think humorman gets it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
ozoneocean at 2:39AM, Sept. 13, 2009
(online)
BffSatan
I don't think humorman gets it.
Wanna bet? :)

The guy that shot him was very nutty. When they caught him over one of the shootings he confessed to the second right away and said he'd been looking for a third because apparently he wanted to have 3 as the number. He's probably a mad religious fellow sad to say. I bet you anything the number 3 had some religious significance to him- like the holy trinity and the whole thing was his mad crusade against the catholic church or something- for example.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
BffSatan at 2:52AM, Sept. 13, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Wanna bet? :)
And risk losing another round to you? Forget that.
I suppose considering his namesake it would be unlikely that humorman didn't get it. I wonder why he didn't laugh then…

I am still not sure if the shooting was at all related to his stance on abortion. The man may have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Product Placement at 8:32AM, Sept. 13, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
The guy that shot him was very nutty. When they caught him over one of the shootings he confessed to the second right away and said he'd been looking for a third because apparently he wanted to have 3 as the number.
Wait. Does that mean he's killed 2 people before?
BffSatan
I am still not sure if the shooting was at all related to his stance on abortion. The man may have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Indeed. A little too early to be calling the guy a martyr.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
elektro at 8:48AM, Sept. 13, 2009
(online)
While I do not condone the gunman's actions, considering that I have heard about abortion clinic bombings by pro-life nutcases for over a decade, something like this happening was long overdue.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
ozoneocean at 9:00AM, Sept. 13, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
ozoneocean
The guy that shot him was very nutty. When they caught him over one of the shootings he confessed to the second right away and said he'd been looking for a third because apparently he wanted to have 3 as the number.
Wait. Does that mean he's killed 2 people before?
BffSatan
Indeed. A little too early to be calling the guy a martyr.
1. No, he killed two in total, but when they got him for the shooting (I think it was the gravel pit guy), he confessed to the first and said he was looking for another candidate.

2. No, it was a deliberate, targeted killing, as was the gravel pit man. He had some stupid “reason” for it.

My first thought was “hey, that crazy bearded anti-abortion guy was a cock anyway”
That makes me an idiot. -_-
No matter his beliefs he wasn't hurting anyone at the time and his family probably miss him a lot now. It's a sad and wrong thing to have happened.
The killer is a stupid, evil, cretinous individual.
And now the anti-abortionists will use this incident to their advantage. So it's bad all round.

Product Placement at 9:13AM, Sept. 13, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
And now the anti-abortionists will use this incident to their advantage. So it's bad all round.
It sounds like they already are, according to the article.

However, calling him a martyr is a stretch, if you ask me. It sounds the guy killed him simply because he was looking for someone to kill, not because he was attacking anti-abortion movements.

I don't know, it has the same feeling for me as calling a nun a martyr to her church after she got hit by a bus.

It's a tragedy none the less.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
BffSatan at 9:51AM, Sept. 13, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Should I be getting back inside my bomb shelter?
ozoneocean at 10:06AM, Sept. 13, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
I don't know, it has the same feeling for me as calling a nun a martyr to her church after she got hit by a bus.
That's not quite the same thing. Bus hits are accidents, this was a murder- the man said he inteded to kill the weird beardyman for a reason.
I don't know what the reason was, but it probably had something to do with his stupid signs. In that case, if you relate it to the deaths of the old martyred saints then it is unfortunately pretty analogous- killed because some crazy person didn't like what they were saying.

Then again, those saints tended to be accepting of their fate or willing to undergo it, whereas this guy was just bumped off without any of the histrionics, mythologising, or even much of a part in it really. he was just an unwilling, unknowing bit player in someone else's drama.
BffSatan
Should I be getting back inside my bomb shelter?
You should never have gotten out! O_o

humorman at 12:08PM, Sept. 13, 2009
(offline)
BffSatan
I suppose considering his namesake it would be unlikely that humorman didn't get it. I wonder why he didn't laugh then…

Why would anyone laugh at a murder? Someone has been killed here. How would you like it if your parents died and I started laughing about that? I think you're the one who doesn't get it.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
lba at 1:11PM, Sept. 13, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
My first thought was “hey, that crazy bearded anti-abortion guy was a cock anyway”
That makes me an idiot. -_-
No matter his beliefs he wasn't hurting anyone at the time and his family probably miss him a lot now. It's a sad and wrong thing to have happened.
The killer is a stupid, evil, cretinous individual.

Actually if I remember it right and he's the same guy, he has caused a couple riots at the Detroit Woodward Dream Cruise with his “abortion bus” in the past, which is a family event wherein people drive their classic cars for several miles up and down a freeway. In the one that was most publicized, several people, including children, ended up in the hospital after being trampled, beaten with the anti-abortion signs and injured in a few other ways when the fight he started, because someone complained, got out of hand.

That is of course like I said, if it's the same guy. If it is, he's not lily-white by a long shot, so they're both crooked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Faliat at 2:25AM, Sept. 15, 2009
(online)
elektro
While I do not condone the gunman's actions, considering that I have heard about abortion clinic bombings by pro-life nutcases for over a decade, something like this happening was long overdue.
And yet they want to “save” the lives of something that hasn't had the chance to make friends and meet relatives and has even LESS of a life than the full grown human beings killed in said bombings.

It's like an episode of Casualty I saw years ago. They have a lot of beef with animal rights activists.
This particular episode has a bomb put through a door because a pharmeceutical company executivey-type person was in there.
And aparently the house belonged to her partner… Who was a vet.
The bomb blew his fingers or his hand off from what I can remember.

The irony was hilarious.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Kristen Gudsnuk at 7:56AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(online)
humorman
Why would anyone laugh at a murder?

b-because skullbie made a pun…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
Sea_Cow at 4:40PM, Sept. 18, 2009
(offline)
Well, there's that whole argument about whether or not abortion is murder, but I'm pretty sure there's no dispute here.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
Skullbie at 4:59PM, Sept. 18, 2009
(online)
Sea_Cow
but I'm pretty sure there's no dispute here.

Support the troops!

Sea_Cow at 5:43PM, Sept. 18, 2009
(offline)
Brian Peppers is hot like retarded fire.
elektro at 6:19PM, Sept. 18, 2009
(online)
Skullbie

Support the troops!

Brian Peppers, meet gasoline. Gasoline, meet lighter. Lighter, meet Brian Peppers. Now, I want you all to play nice together.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
Skullbie at 6:47PM, Sept. 18, 2009
(online)
elektro
Brian Peppers, meet gasoline. Gasoline, meet lighter. Lighter, meet Brian Peppers. Now, I want you all to play nice together.
His parents had the same idea, but unfortunately he ran straight into a barrel of ugly sticks inside the ugly truck and the whole thing set on fire.

Sea_Cow at 7:12PM, Sept. 18, 2009
(offline)
Skullbie
elektro
His parents had the same idea, but unfortunately he ran straight into a barrel of ugly sticks inside the ugly truck and the whole thing set on fire.

And the fire made ugly smoke that he inhaled, causing him to choke and in a panic fall off a cliff face-first into a sea of ugly, where an ugly shark bit him in the face.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved