Media Megaforum

Anybody watch the Sopranos?
Pulse at 3:22PM, Jan. 23, 2008
(online)
Well I do. Currently in season six. I bought all the season dvds. Anyone like sopranos?
If so what character do your favor the most?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
kingofsnake at 7:02AM, Jan. 24, 2008
(online)
Seen it all the way through. Hard to talk about without talking about the last two or three episodes. Not the ending so much, but those last few episodes are so consequential…

Anyway. So many gret characters and actors in that show. The guy who plays Christopher reminds me very much of a young robert deniro, I hope he can continue to find solid acting jobs now that the series is ended.

Favorite characters are probably Adrianna and Sylvio. Although it's hard not to love Tony. Also I used to love Artie Bucco before his downward spiral, he was a great character and really helped keep Tony grounded. Also I miss Furio. Furio was just there to be scary and he did it better than anyone else in the series.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
mlai at 11:47AM, Jan. 24, 2008
(online)
No wonder you were using those faux Italian phrases, Pulse.

Oh we absolutely loved this series. Finished watching it. I had a detailed dream about it, yay! My roommate had nightmares LOL wimp.

It was fun to watch Meadow's gradual transformation into teh hottness. I mean, I thought she was pretty before, but in the last season it's like DAY-UM, GIRL!

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
SarahN at 11:49AM, Jan. 24, 2008
(online)
Nope! :)

Everyone says it was good, but I just never got around to watching it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
mlai at 11:54AM, Jan. 24, 2008
(online)
What's really funny is that the show stuffs so many fake boobs into every episode, that after a while you just don't care anymore (unless the music is good, which happened like once).

"Oh good it's the gratuitous fake boobs segment, I can go get my drink!"

Edit: Not to say this show doesn't have good music. It has lots of great music.

Pulse at 5:16PM, Jan. 24, 2008
(online)
I love the intro song it's great and I use italian phrases cause I am italian :) but yeah I knew that word before the sopranos anyways yeah meadow in the 6th season was really hott. I just hate AJ for not taking up the family business!
kingofsnake at 6:27PM, Jan. 24, 2008
(online)
Fun fact about the theme

It was written by a band called Alabama3 in england (A3 in the states so they wouldn't be confused with Alabama). Their album came out a few years before the show. It's a fantastic album but Gospel Country Acid House is a niche market for music so it didn't sell great and they were dropped by their label. The producer of the Sopranos heard it and knew right away it was perfect for the show. Thanks to the success of the sopranos the band got picked up by a new label and has had two (or three maybe) new albums since then. None of ‘em were as good as the first one, but they made some really solid singles. They have a strong cult following (in the first album they depicted themselves as a cult to elvis, with all kinds of references to religion and hard drug use) including Irvine Welsh, writer of trainspotting, who basically based his novel Filth on the Soprano’s theme, and the sequel to trainspotting on the mood of that first album.

Anyway, everyone should check out their first album Exhile on Coldharbor Lane. It's awesome.
Pulse at 6:31PM, Jan. 24, 2008
(online)
I have three episodes till I finish the series. It has been great so far god tony gets really lucky with the ladies doesn't he? I mean seriously he bangs every girl he likes.
maybe I should get into this business…:)
SpANG at 8:51PM, Jan. 24, 2008
(online)
I love the Sopranos. I thought the finale was the perfect way to end it too. People that don't think so weren't paying attention to the series.

kingofsnake
Anyway. So many gret characters and actors in that show. The guy who plays Christopher reminds me very much of a young robert deniro, I hope he can continue to find solid acting jobs now that the series is ended.
You know, I was watching “Goodfellas” the other day, and he played “Spider”- the guy that Tommy shot in the foot, and then to death. It's cool watching older movies and finding stuff like that.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
mlai at 6:12AM, Jan. 25, 2008
(online)
I have no opinion on the ending. I just felt that since this is really a chronicle of Tony's life, it didn't need some big dramatic finish that ties everything up. Because there was nothing to tie up, really. The writer/director simply said one day “OK we can stop it now” and that was it.

Goodfellas?? What was Spider, a 12 year old??

Tony gets every hot girl because (1)he's a captain of industry type and (2)he's always looking for the right type of girls (the type that would be quickly attracted to him). It's like instinct with this guy.

SpANG at 6:27AM, Jan. 25, 2008
(online)
mlai
I have no opinion on the ending. I just felt that since this is really a chronicle of Tony's life, it didn't need some big dramatic finish that ties everything up. Because there was nothing to tie up, really. The writer/director simply said one day “OK we can stop it now” and that was it.
Well, we can dispute it, but I think it had lots of symbolism and clues as to Tony's outcome. That's all I'll say on the matter though. Don't wanna ruin it for Pulse. ;)
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
ozoneocean at 7:49AM, Jan. 25, 2008
(online)
kingofsnake
It was written by a band called Alabama3 in england
And perfomed ^^
Yeah, I loved their first big hit… “Ain't Going to Goa” or something. Lovely.

It was a decent show. I liked how it didn't glorify the people much, like a lot of those shows tend to do. They were involved in the dangerous, dastardly, daring things mobsters always are on the TV, but they were portrayed largely as the stupid, fat, dumb-f**ks those guys tend to be in reality- which made them more lovable and more human… as well as more evil because of it.

Yeah, you can see a documentary or read about someone like Sammy the Bull Gravano or John Gotti and go “yeah!”. They are SO like that.

Very well done.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:29PM
kingofsnake at 8:44AM, Jan. 25, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
Yeah, I loved their first big hit… “Ain't Going to Goa” or something. Lovely.

I actually have both the original vinyl pressing of that song (which has a goa-trance remix that is both awesome and ironic) and a framed copt of the promo poster (which is like crazy southern american cult church leader+70's funk country in stained glass.)
ozoneocean at 9:57AM, Jan. 25, 2008
(online)
HA!!! I only have it on a CD with a bunch of other tracks from that year… :(
You win :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:29PM
Pulse at 4:14PM, Jan. 25, 2008
(online)
Spang I noticed that too also Paulie,Dr.Melfi,Paulie leotrado where in goodfellas so many
actors from goodfellas are in sopranos!
albone at 10:33AM, Jan. 28, 2008
(online)
They wanted Ray Liota to be on Goodfellas too, but they wanted him for 2 season, and he said that was a season too long. That would have ruled though.
You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved