Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Anyone Have an Irrational Fear?
SarahN at 1:59PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(online)
mlai
My brother is genuinely terrified of zombie invasion, he actually has blueprints and plans and maps covering one of his bedroom walls and judges nearly everything by how effective in a zombie crisis it would be.
Can I LOL?

That reminds me, my sister is terrified of zombies and the idea of a zombie invasion as well. She uh, doesn't have blueprints or anything and she actually loves to watch zombie movies all the time…but if you walk at her like a zombie, she will go into panic mode. Hell walking in an abnormal, monstrous way torwards her, no matter how obvious it is that you are joking around, will send her into panic mode. XD

What would be a name for “strange walk” phobia?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
Short_Circuiting at 6:54PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(offline)
i'll be the third person in this thread with an intense fear of cockroaches. i've seen a lot of them in my house throughout the years… in my closet, on my chair, in the sink, the bathtub, kitchen floor… i also drown them in cockroach kill spray. and if i have to handle them to dispose them or something, i actually start to cry. that would be my personal hell - alone in a small grubby room with thousands of cockroaches…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:35PM
Dan at 7:30PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(online)
Spiders take my cake. They're fast, they're eight-legged, and they look extremely repulsive. Just an image inside my head gives me the chills. I used to have a problem with them back at Canada but I haven't seen any since I moved into America. Now we got cockroach problems.

Quite frankly, I'm not as afraid of them and can go as far as touching their antennae. Regardless, I still get freaked out by both of them. One time when I was sleeping I felt something crawling on my face and as I twitched it jumped and quickly scuttled away… it was so dark that I couldn't see, but it sounded like a cockroach. It took me around 6 minutes go back to sleep that night…

Lastly I'm afriad of loud noises rapidly getting closer where I can't determine where it's coming from.

skoolmunkee
Haha, I've got this one. It's not really a fear though, more like a visceral disgust. Any organic-looking clusters of holes (the smaller they are the worse it is)
Oh dear lord, I have that too.
“I like shooting, but I sure as hell don't like being shot at.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM
skoolmunkee at 8:35PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(offline)
Dan
Spiders take my cake. Quite frankly, I'm not as afraid of them and can go as far as touching their antennae.

Those aren't antennae, those are what they use to implant eggs in your fingertips.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 8:40PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(offline)
skoolmunkee
Dan
Spiders take my cake. Quite frankly, I'm not as afraid of them and can go as far as touching their antennae.

Those aren't antennae, those are what they use to implant eggs in your fingertips.
Wrong, that's what they use to burrow holes to crawl around under your skin.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:55PM
usedbooks at 8:43PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(online)
Cockroaches are cute as kittens compared to what we have in our basement (and sometimes our shower o.0).
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
Paper_Cut at 8:46PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(offline)
usedbooks
Cockroaches are cute as kittens compared to what we have in our basement (and sometimes our shower o.0).
Oh dear god, that must be horrible!

I thought my brother having a millipede as a pet was disgusting enough…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
usedbooks at 8:56PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(online)
Paper_Cut
usedbooks

We freaked out when we first saw one. Still gives me the willies, but I'm a biologist. I looked it up and found out they eat spiders, silverfish, and termites, so we don't kill them. (We just don't go into the basement…)

My last apartment had cave crickets. (They are enormous. And I have no idea what they were doing in the middle of the city.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
mintyfreshmangos at 9:00PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(offline)
usedbooks

AHHH AHHH AHHH!!

In your shower? ;_;
I'm terrible with cockroaches. To think that as a kid I would decapitate them and watch them squirm around headless. I was brave as a child. O__O

I'm not sure why everyone is afraid of zombies now….is this a new thing? Has there been a scientific breakthrough about zombies that I'm not aware of?
…Should I be afraid? O__O

SJ link: Death's Apprentice
Updates every other everyday. WHY? Because I'm a lifeless blob.

This. mango. eats. Children.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
Paper_Cut at 9:02PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(offline)
usedbooks
Paper_Cut
usedbooks

We freaked out when we first saw one. Still gives me the willies, but I'm a biologist. I looked it up and found out they eat spiders, silverfish, and termites, so we don't kill them. (We just don't go into the basement…)

My last apartment had cave crickets. (They are enormous. And I have no idea what they were doing in the middle of the city.)
We don't get anything like that here in Japan, it's all just horse flies, botflies and some rather large spiders.

'Course there's the occasional cockroach but they aren't too common… depends on how much you clean your house.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
TheMidge28 at 9:22PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(online)
funny, with all the fears posted in this thread…some may want to do a page for a certain community project. *cough*
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:24PM
Fenn at 9:54PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(offline)
TheMidge28
funny, with all the fears posted in this thread…some may want to do a page for a certain community project. *cough*
You'd think so, but I have an irrational fear of community projects. ;)

And public speaking. I had to speak at my graduation, and I damn near hyperventilated. I also had to give a speech as best man at my buddy's wedding, and I had to get good and hammered before I could do it. Made for a weird speech. One of my worst nightmares is just to have a huge crowd of people turn and look at me. Just typing that is giving me chills.

I'm not alone, though. Apparently fear of public speaking is more common than even fear of death.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 9:56PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(offline)
Fenn
TheMidge28
You'd think so, but I have an irrational fear of community projects. ;)

And public speaking. I had to speak at my graduation, and I damn near hyperventilated. I also had to give a speech as best man at my buddy's wedding, and I had to get good and hammered before I could do it. Made for a weird speech. One of my worst nightmares is just to have a huge crowd of people turn and look at me. Just typing that is giving me chills.

I'm not alone, though. Apparently fear of public speaking is more common than even fear of death.
Stage fright!

Happens to nearly everyone at least once:P
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:55PM
The letter E at 3:56AM, Feb. 25, 2008
(offline)
I have had Claustrophobia in the past. I am fine now though…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
lastcall at 4:14AM, Feb. 25, 2008
(offline)

…Am I the only one who is afraid of robots?

It all started when I was a kid, when I was watching Superman III, and the supercomputer turned that woman into a robot….scared the crap out of me as a kid; watching it now kind of gives me the willies….

…Something about the whole idea that computers can be so intelligent that they can have their own mind and be dangerous, unstoppable killing machines. Like cylons and stuff.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Ozoneocean at 4:53AM, Feb. 25, 2008
(online)
The “robots” that scared me were the blank faced mannequins that came to life in that old doctor who episode. NOT the stupid ones in the new seres, that wasn't scary at all, it wasn't supposed to be, it was deliberately camp and silly. No, but the original was scary to me… Jebus, most Who monsters were from Daleks, to mummies, to giant maggots…
usedbooks
That thing is quite beautiful and very cute! I have nightmares occasionally with these things in them…

Bad pics but my cam isn't that great with close focus… It looks like some kind of armoured, burrowing cricket. They probably live on rotten detritus like cockroaches, but they still give me the willies… They're big, dark, sinister and fast…
———————————————–

Wha, I'm smart, it is a cricket, a Mole Cricket! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM
mlai at 5:03AM, Feb. 25, 2008
(online)
The house centipede is fast and smart, but the cockroach is faster and smarter. And can fly.

I used to be afraid of spiders. But after catching all kinds/sizes of spiders and keeping (and feeding) them in my room for half a semester for my Animal Behavior class, I got over it.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
kyupol at 6:15AM, Feb. 25, 2008
(online)
I'm scared of the New World Order

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
anonymousposterchild at 7:55AM, Feb. 25, 2008
(offline)
kyupol
I'm scared of the New World Order

I'm afraid that people like Kyupol seriously believe that crap.
Official DrunkDuck curmudgeon
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:53AM
Custard Trout at 10:13AM, Feb. 25, 2008
(offline)
ozoneocean
Doctor Who monsters.

Yeah, the old Cyberman still have me hiding behind cushsions, bastards were unstoppable. The new ones are pansies though, you can kill them just by looking at them.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:00PM
HybridLemonade at 12:37PM, Feb. 25, 2008
(offline)
Bee's, freaking bee's scare the living crap out of me.

i've never even been stung. but I completely freeze and I start wheezing. They scare me like no tommorow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
CZweig at 12:47PM, Feb. 25, 2008
(online)
I am terrified of nipples. Nipples and eyeball tattoos. Yes really.

And spiders and driving, but those aren't particularly irrational.
hi
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
kyupol at 1:32PM, Feb. 25, 2008
(online)

I am afraid of sheep

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
mlai at 4:49PM, Feb. 25, 2008
(online)
But… bees are so fuzzy and kyuuuuuuuuuuute!

Wasps, well, those I spray, smash, and step on.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
Doplegager at 5:07PM, Feb. 25, 2008
(offline)
usedbooks

My last hosue had cave crickets too. The first few I found were dead, but they scared the bejeezus out of me. They looked like some kind of alien, or like they were out of the Matrix series. I eventually figured out that they weren't going to use my body as a host, and that there were a bunch of them in the cellar. After awhile, they were almost cute.
Scifi Thriller/Drama: Third Side, updated MTWThFS

Existential Fantasy Horror: A Chance in Hell, updated MWF
Blog: The Rambling Path, updated irregularly
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
seventy2 at 5:07PM, Feb. 25, 2008
(online)
i'm afraid of clowns….not just creeped out….i havent been to the circus in years. and i'm afraid to go to some parades, cause they sometimes have clowns…

lately i've been nearly panicing over flying. my job involves flying quite frequently, and i've just been getting more and more freaked out. I've been doing my job for two years now, and before that, i was in college to be a pilot…(i'm not a pilot now)….but it's strange, it just started happening recently, and i have no idea what happened….
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
lastcall at 3:00AM, Feb. 26, 2008
(offline)
mlai
The house centipede is fast and smart, but the cockroach is faster and smarter. And can fly.

I used to be afraid of spiders. But after catching all kinds/sizes of spiders and keeping (and feeding) them in my room for half a semester for my Animal Behavior class, I got over it.

I'm also afraid of silverfish. Those suckers can crawl like lightning….

Amd I also have a terrible fear of bugs being in my sheets. If I have a creepy-crawly feeling on my legs or arms, I'll throw the sheets off me, and jump out of bed and inspect myself and the sheets to make sure there aren't any bugs around. …One time there was a bug crawling up my leg while I was drifting off to sleep during ladybug season and it scared the crap out of me. Guess it just wanted a warm place to sleep for the night.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
crocty at 4:03AM, Feb. 26, 2008
(offline)
Oh yeah, one of my friends is afraid of green flies.
We climbed up a tree once and we were covered in them, and he started freaking out.
It was rather humorous.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:51AM
SnakeByte at 5:25AM, Feb. 26, 2008
(offline)
I have a problem when I'm working and I'm so focused on what I'm working on that when someone touch me I flip out (As in fall out of my chair after I yell).

I also have a problem when I'm on the Net and people read over my shoulder.
ITS PLAIN ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!
Once I bite, you feel the vemon across the net.
Learn to fear Snakebyte!!

In our lab, the madness never ends!!
Electronic Mayhem
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:49PM
Renga Studio at 11:08AM, Feb. 27, 2008
(online)
H

E

I

G AAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

H

T

S

!

!

!

!

!

My fear is as irrational as they come! My case of acrophobia is so severe that if I dare to look down while crossing a pedestrian bridge, the dizzy height will paralyze me, and I'd be praying that I'll make it to the other side somehow soon! Ironically, I feel safer dodging speeding motor vehicles instead of walking on those unbearably high structures!

You know how a character in a movie or TV show (yes, even an animated one!) would be doing something (like running) on the edge of the roof of a tall building (which in some cases is under construction)? And it would look like he's very like to fall to his death if he makes a single misstep? I would watch and shudder with dread as if it were me in the character's place!

Even a picture–whether it's taken by a photographer or drawn by an artist–that looks like it was taken or drawn from the top of a skyscraper is enough to unnerve me if I look at it for too long. That being said, I've been living on the third floor of a five-story apartment building for more than 15 years, and even though the height hardly affects me now as it did the day I moved in, deep down inside, I sometimes don't know how much more of it I could take…
Renga: How are you everyone !!
Renga: All your weather are control by me.
Renga: I has a weather machine.
DrunkDuck: What you say !!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:04PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon