Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Anyone Have an Irrational Fear?
SarahN at 1:24PM, Feb. 27, 2008
(online)
Here's one bug I think everyone should have a phobia of.
CAMEL SPIDER! (Sorry none of links I used were working for some reason…wasn't even direct-linking them….might add a pic later.)

For the love of god, I hope one of the troops in Iraq don't bring some of these ugly bastards to the US and let them loose.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
kyupol at 2:19PM, Feb. 27, 2008
(online)
SarahN
CAMEL SPIDER! (Sorry none of links I used were working for some reason…wasn't even direct-linking them….might add a pic later.)

For the love of god, I hope one of the troops in Iraq don't bring some of these ugly bastards to the US and let them loose.

OMG thats the spider from hell.

I've let spiders crawl up my neck. The spiders in the Philippines that are common in spider fights. :) But this camel spider I'm not even touching that. SHIT!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
Dragonizer at 4:23PM, Feb. 27, 2008
(offline)
Call me CRAZY AND STRANGE, but I SO want a camel spider as a pet. Despite the fact that it'd give me nightmares and probably eat me in my sleep upon a clever escape from its very tightly sealed glass prison, I want one.

As for fears, I'm afraid of walking on grates. Y'know, like sidewalk grates? Every time I step on one, I feel like the grate's gonna break under me and I'll fall through… Of course, I then proceed to jump on it a few times to prove to myself that all is fine, while at the same time thinking something along the lines of “WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING I AM GOING TO FALL THROUGH AAAAAGH”

Yup.
K.A.L.A.-dan! Morality Pet >:3
The end of time will be the end of guilt.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:15PM
usedbooks at 6:51PM, Feb. 27, 2008
(online)
Dragonizer
As for fears, I'm afraid of walking on grates. Y'know, like sidewalk grates? Every time I step on one, I feel like the grate's gonna break under me and I'll fall through…
I feel like that too! I hate walking on grates.

Also, when a big truck drives past while I'm walking, I can't shake the felling/fear that it will fall over sideways and crush me. I don't know why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
Random_Stranger at 7:38PM, Feb. 27, 2008
(offline)
Falling objects.
Who knows when some object from space will fall on your head and kill you…

Like that satellite that was destroyed a while ago?
Arrrgy
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
deleted-byrequest-03 at 8:13PM, Feb. 27, 2008
(offline)
I once knew a person that had a serious irrational fear of mushrooms. Whenever anyone said ‘mushrooms’, she would instantly start flipping out, almost crying. I have no idea why.

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
mintyfreshmangos at 8:18PM, Feb. 27, 2008
(offline)
kyupol
SarahN

OMG thats the spider from hell.

I've let spiders crawl up my neck. The spiders in the Philippines that are common in spider fights. :) But this camel spider I'm not even touching that. SHIT!

XD I thought that guy was holding a lobster for a couple of seconds. XDXD
For some reason, I find spiders more terrifying when they are tiny.

SJ link: Death's Apprentice
Updates every other everyday. WHY? Because I'm a lifeless blob.

This. mango. eats. Children.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
lastcall at 3:38AM, Feb. 28, 2008
(offline)
good god, those camel spiders are incredibly scary. If I ever see one of those in real life, I would really freak out. ….And then hire a robot to kill it. …Wait….
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Ozoneocean at 5:00AM, Feb. 28, 2008
(online)
kyupol
But this camel spider I'm not even touching that. SHIT!
Eh, it's a joke…

Note it has 10 legs? ..they're not actually legs, but even so…
It's not even a spider: It's some kind of harmless variant, like scorpions, but without any venom.
They're not even that huge, just an average big size. lol!

The scariest things about these fake spiders are their strange pointy heads and fast speed… So, much like any other strange bug really.

They're about as scary as a roach I'd say, due to the speed. The look of them makes them a bit less so though, they're pretty, not gross like roaches. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM
usedbooks at 5:12AM, Feb. 28, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
It's not even a spider: It's some kind of harmless scorpion variant, without venom.
Gotta love camera tricks with perspective. ;)

Big critters are not as scary as tiny critters in massive numbers (or with strong venom), imo. A tarantula does not frighten me as much as a brown recluse or a swarm of bees.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
Ozoneocean at 5:25AM, Feb. 28, 2008
(online)
That's true :(
When I was little and camping, sleeping rough in the outback with my family, I was over-run by thousands of stink beetles.

They were BEAUTIFUL, there were two kinds: pure shiny gold, and shiny metallic green! We'd noticed them earlier, all heading for the lights of the nearby road house in glittering swarms.

I was so tired because it was late and the road trains had kept me up for ages (damn noisy things), but I was startled awake again by a tickling on my face…
I brushed it off quickly and it unleashed a disgusting stink right up my nose!!! Suddenly these things were all around me… I rubbed and rubbed at my face to get rid of the stink and hid down inside my stifling hot sleeping bag, hoping they'd all just leave me alone. :(

No one else seemed to be in their path except me…
amanda at 9:53AM, Feb. 28, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
No one else seemed to be in their path except me…
They *loved* you - they wanted to be your Valentines.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
SarahN at 2:20PM, Feb. 28, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
kyupol
But this camel spider I'm not even touching that. SHIT!
Eh, it's a joke…

Note it has 10 legs? ..they're not actually legs, but even so…
It's not even a spider: It's some kind of harmless variant, like scorpions, but without any venom.

The scariest things about these fake spiders are their strange pointy heads and fast speed… So, much like any other strange bug really.

They're about as scary as a roach I'd say, due to the speed. The look of them makes them a bit less so though, they're pretty, not gross like roaches. :)
PRETTY?! XD

Yeah I know they're not spiders….aren't they…scorpions? Still ugly as f@#$ though I think. XD I personally would take roaches over them.
-EDIT, duh, you said it was a scorpion. ._.;; I need to read things more thorough.

From what I've heard, they don't have venom but they do have something that's numbing. They also have jaws and can bite the far out of you.

I've seen video of them. They have mouths that open up wide when they want to bite, like a snake. MOUTHS. Gaaggghh.
lastcall at 2:43PM, Feb. 28, 2008
(offline)
crocty at 2:48PM, Feb. 28, 2008
(offline)
Wow, you are all so mean to Sarah!
And lastcall, that video is cruel :(
Also, my mother's afraid of seeing walking severed hands of gloves.
Odd…
Lol this makes me breath heavy
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:51AM
Ozoneocean at 3:14PM, Feb. 28, 2008
(online)
SarahN
From what I've heard, they don't have venom but they do have something that's numbing. They also have jaws and can bite the far out of you.
No to the numbing stuff, it's a made up story. The jaws will give you a nasty bite if you antagonise the poor thing like that moron in the video should be getting. lol!

It think it's lovely looking ^_^ like a preying mantis or a dragon fly :)
kyupol at 3:43PM, Feb. 28, 2008
(online)
“Power ends where fear begins”
SarahN at 6:39PM, Feb. 28, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
No to the numbing stuff, it's a made up story. The jaws will give you a nasty bite if you antagonise the poor thing like that moron in the video should be getting. lol!

It think it's lovely looking ^_^ like a preying mantis or a dragon fly :)

Ah well. I had only heard it. Didn't know for sure. =P

Yeah, I have never put up a Youtube vid of a camel spider because most of them either have someone stupid talking or just have something cruel going on, like pitting it against another animal. Ugh.

No matter how ugly they are to me, I still feel rather bad seeing that.

crocty
Wow, you are all so mean to Sarah!
Snuh?

Sorry for getting this off-topic though. Back to the spazz-out fears.
lastcall at 3:12AM, Feb. 29, 2008
(offline)
ozoneocean
The “robots” that scared me were the blank faced mannequins that came to life in that old doctor who episode. NOT the stupid ones in the new seres, that wasn't scary at all, it wasn't supposed to be, it was deliberately camp and silly. No, but the original was scary to me… Jebus, most Who monsters were from Daleks, to mummies, to giant maggots…

Hey Ozone, you mean THESE? (In an episode called “Robots of Death”; the robots are called VocRobots…)

;)
Ozoneocean at 3:47AM, Feb. 29, 2008
(online)
lastcall
Hey Ozone, you mean THESE? (In an episode called “Robots of Death”; the robots are called VocRobots…)
Ahahaha, nonono, not them, Baker was FANTASTIC there though! ^____^

Eh, the masks there aren't the best ones in the ep, but the idea of something ordinary coming to life like that and just killing was scary o.O
Blank and relentless, not with a stupid over the top personality like hprrpr ventriloquist dummies or Chucky… Those are a little lame, these were just blank and deadly…
lastcall at 4:06AM, Feb. 29, 2008
(offline)
ozoneocean
lastcall
Ahahaha, nonono, not them, Baker was FANTASTIC there though! ^____^ <3

The mannequins were shop dummies with guns in their fingers…just ordinary shop window figures, which is what made the scary. I think it was when Pertwee was the doctor… Found it!

Eh, the masks there aren't the best ones in the ep, but the idea of something ordinary coming to life like that and just killing was scary o.O
Blank and relentless, not with a stupid over the top personality like hprrpr ventriloquist dummies or Chucky… Those are a little lame, these were just blank and deadly…

Oooo, that is kinda scary. Especially because they don't say anything, and the shots fired are not very loud.
kiandranishan at 8:30AM, Feb. 29, 2008
(offline)
Custard Trout
My brother is genuinely terrified of zombie invasion, he actually has blueprints and plans and maps covering one of his bedroom walls and judges nearly everything by how effective in a zombie crisis it would be.

>.> I have a zombie fear as well, not that bad and not so much a invasion fear, I guess. When I'm alone and I hear something that startles me I automatically think “OMG A ZOMBIE!!” …everytime…and not in a haha funny way but in a I really think a zombie is there for a second.

Also, I can't get into water that I can't see the bottom of…even if it is a pool. It used to be so bad that I couldn't have bath milk or bubbles in my bath water. And I used to have an issue with turning my back to the shower curtain/door. When I was a teen I'd start freaking out and crying if I did. Sometimes I have a panic attack when I turn in the shower but it's okay now >.>

I can't swim over pool drains…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
SarahN at 1:09PM, Feb. 29, 2008
(online)
kiandranishan
I can't swim over pool drains…

Did you hear about the little kid who got their intestines sucked out by one of those?:

A six-year-old girl has been hospitalized after a horrifying accident at a swimming pool, when she sat on an open drain and a powerful suction pump tore out part of her intestinal tract. A surgeon told the family Wednesday that part of her intestines had been lost.

Abigail Taylor was severely injured Tuesday when she sat over an open drain hole in a wading pool at the Minneapolis Golf Club, according to a posting by her family on the Caring Bridge Web site.

The posting, which has since been taken down, said it is a “medical miracle” that Taylor is still alive.

Taylor is listed in serious condition at Children's Hospital in Minneapolis. Bob Bennett, an attorney representing the family, told the St. Paul Pioneer Press she was conscious and able to speak late Tuesday but that she faces a series of surgeries with uncertain results.

I'd link to the site I got this from, but it has a graphic picture. =/
…so yeah, can't really blame ya there. But I'm afraid of pools in general soo…XD.
kiandranishan at 1:22PM, Feb. 29, 2008
(offline)
…O.O

thanks Sarah…now I'm totally terrified of pool drains.
kyupol at 2:04PM, Feb. 29, 2008
(online)
But I'm afraid of pools in general soo…XD.

What about the ocean?

I'm a little scared (even though I can swim) when sitting on the deck of a boat and seeing all the blue ocean. Same thing when I'm on a plane and all I see is the blue ocean.

Glarg at 4:02PM, Feb. 29, 2008
(offline)
I have two major phobias, heights and fast moving objects. I friggin HATE it when a car passes by me, or a bug instantly flys by, or when people try to clap their hands in your face. Also, I can't look down when I'm on a bridge or else I lose the ability to move.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:37PM
Dragonizer at 6:38PM, Feb. 29, 2008
(offline)
Well, after just reading through this list and watching two vids to go with that last on the list, I can now honestly say I'm terrified of those bugs.
Especially the bot fly.

Somebody hold me. ;_;
K.A.L.A.-dan! Morality Pet >:3
The end of time will be the end of guilt.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:15PM
kiandranishan at 10:05PM, Feb. 29, 2008
(offline)
I was attacked pretty severely by bees when I was a kid…they swarmed me and I was like 5 or 6 and I just curled up on the ground because they were just stinging me all over. My mom ran out and got me but they wouldn't stop and chased us to the house and tried to get in to get me. I had to be taken to the hospital due to all the stings.

Oddly, I really don't have a fear of bees…

Jerusalem Crickets/Earth Babies freak me out

worstcase at 7:13PM, March 11, 2008
(online)

The sound of teeth biting metal. Like when someone is eating and they bite down all the way down on their fork and then DRAG it and it makes that sick grating noise that makes you want to hurl. The taste of the fork is gross too. Ugh! I am not fond of forks. Spoons are okay. but never forks…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
Aurora Borealis at 8:55PM, March 11, 2008
(online)
Flying insects. Flies not much so but bees, wasps, mosquitos and anything that flies but I don't know it = threat. Makes me panic if it flies near my face. I need to kill it or force it somehow out of my room.

Also hairy spiders. Last year my brother brought couple accidentally from the forest while picking mushrooms. One decided that my room would be perfect… It wasn't very huge, maybe 2cm wide, but it was big enough to make scraping noise on a piece of loose wallpaper in the corner. Freaked me out and made me run to the other corner, but I got myself around and killed it with a newspaper :D

Also, I'm scared if I read about ghosts or ufo at night.

Hmm… what else. Sort of fear of height, but not really. More like fear of falling. I can go on the balcony on the tallest floor of a skyscraper without any problem, as long as the barrier reaches to my waist or higher. But make it something shorter, something that won't stop you if you trip… and I'll be panicking at the thought of approaching the edge. Even if it's just two meters high.

Also, as irrational as it gets, I'm afraid my grandma or someone else from my family will die 2009. Dad died 1989, mom died 1999 (on the same day even but one month apart).
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon