Media Megaforum

Anyone like or care for podcasts?
marine at 1:14AM, May 1, 2007
(offline)
In the interest of futher developing my already awesome drunk duck page I started thinking about podcasts. I myself never really cared for them. They're amateurish and lame. As someone with experience in broadcasting, I think I could do a pretty good one. A few of the ones I listened to (wish short reviews):

The Gigcast: They sound far TOO relaxed, and not excited enough about web comics. Also they declined my request to be interviewed, even though they stated anyone who asked would be interviewed regardless of who they were. They mostly plug things. They plug nightgig stuff, drunk duck stuff, and discuss whatever they read in wizard or on message boards regarding “real” comics.

X-Play's podcast: It was basically just recaps of the show, which is already filled with too much non-game reviews anyway.

the guy who used to be on tech tv: I forget his name. He's a really smart older guy with white hair. Anyway, I listened to his show. It was far too technical for me, and he mostly discussed windows vista being crappy and how tech tv sucks.

Gutterflycomix podcast: I used to be featured when they were a website (as Jennifer Cobbs, hilariously enough) and they fell into the same hole as the gigcast. Basically just plugging webcomic stuff, and then they would discuss things like battlestar gallactica or “real” comics. The guys did sound a lot more professional then the gigcast does, and they also had higher production value with their recording equipment. To be fair, they also declined a audible interview with myself.

In closing, I'm just not sure if I like podcasts. It seems like a good medium for online stuff, but who has time to listen to boring people talking for more then twenty minutes, and all they're going to do is plug crap no one wants to read? I could be wrong though. What'da youse guys think of podcasting? Is it cool? Is it gay? Or are you like marvin and not even having an opinion?

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
marine at 1:48AM, May 2, 2007
(offline)
I guess thats a hard no!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved