Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Apple iPad
LOOKIS at 6:59PM, Jan. 31, 2010
(offline)
ozoneocean
There's even the JooJoo that's been available for pre-order since December

You're probably right about the “Apple effect” and how Apple is essentially a big intelligent marketing company.

The JooJoo is a perfect example of how smaller, less intelligent companies go astray. I don't know about overseas, but calling a device a “Jew Jew” in America is not going to endear it to consumers. And people thought “iPad” was a poor name choice! LOL!

………………. LEAVE THIS SPACE BLANK …………………
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Ozoneocean at 7:49PM, Jan. 31, 2010
(online)
Ironscarf
I've seen cartoons exactly like this one before but this one - I like the presentation, packaging, I don't have to go looking for it, it's kind of user friendly looking and your name does have a certain cache.

Yep, you've given us something totally new here, completely raising the bar. The way people interact with cartoons will change forever and even if you don't keep it up, there'll be a host of long running imitators waiting to step into your shoes.

Ladies and gentlemen - the O-Toon.
lothar
the O-toon is a Game Changer !!!
Well that's me buggered.
Follow me, buy my stuff and make me super rich as I convince you that I'm changing the world while making you think you're buying into something exclusive and elite while simultaneously saving the environment.

LOOKIS
The JooJoo is a perfect example of how smaller, less intelligent companies go astray. I don't know about overseas, but calling a device a “Jew Jew” in America is not going to endear it to consumers. And people thought “iPad” was a poor name choice! LOL!
That is :)
Expert marketing. But NOT at the expense of making a decent product that's worth marketing to start with. They have a good balance. The expert marketing convinces people that the good product is an amazing one ^__^

Yup, Joojoo is a silly name. They're nice and big (over 12 inches), nice design too… looking very sexy. The problem with them is though that being browser based they're just as closed and limited as the ipad. Still, unlike the ipad they're open source (I believe) so it might be easier to do more with them. They won't have the same level of software wow as the Apple one because that's a teeny independent company and Apple is a 20 story monster, Apple will also find it a LOT easier to attract partners and developers because of that fact, BUTit does have a lot of potential and it is a sexy device.

———————–
–edit–
A great example of the Apple effect and the atrocious quality of tech journalisim is the furore about the use of the word “slate”:
After it was rumored that the Apple device might be called an “islate” most of the tech “journalists” started saying that all the other new slates coming out were slavishly co-opting the Apple invented name, proving what a leader Apple was and proving how much the other companies follow them…
When in the wonderful world of reality “Slate” has been used as the standard word for keyboardless tablets for years. What that episode proved was that the tech journalists not only had an innate bias, but they didn't know what they were talking about when it came to tablets since even the most basic research on a general info site like wikipedia couldn've corrected that moronic assumption. lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
Hawk at 10:43PM, Jan. 31, 2010
(online)
Well Ozone, you don't need to preach to ME about the “Apple effect”… Apple has made my stomach churn for years, watching as they still benefit from the decade-old myth that Macs are better for artists, not to mention the lies and half-truths they regularly use in their commercials. I often wonder how many superior MP3 players fell by the wayside because of Apple's slick and trendy dancing silhouettes.

I'm as skeptical as you can get about Apple. That's why it would take a truly, legitimately good product to make me buy it, and that product was the iPod Touch. Sure, it was overpriced as per the Apple Effect, but it has been a joy to own and use.

I can understand Apple's thought process on applying the versatility of the iPod Touch to an e-reader, but I think the Apple Effect is wearing out. I haven't seen a whole lot of positive buzz about it, at least at the websites I frequent (mostly artist and gaming sites). Maybe the masses are still fawning, I just haven't seen much of it.

By the way, that's an interesting Google search you pointed out. You're right, there are a lot more options than I was aware of. Maybe that's a bit more of the Apple Effect's eclipsing properties. Some of these models actually don't look as flimsy or clunky as the tablet computers I'm used to seeing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
lastcall at 4:03AM, Feb. 1, 2010
(offline)
I love my Mac and would never go back to a PC, but this iPad thing reeks of nothin' but stinky crappiness. Granted it's the 1st generation and hopefully improvements will be made to the next one (*cough* ability to draw directly on the screen like a sketchbook *cough*), because this one is just plain terrible.

Apple has already done this before back in the 90s. It was called the Newton, and it failed miserably. I think the iPad is a huge step backwards for Apple, and this is coming from an Apple fan. No USB port, No camera, only 16GB, and only one app running at a time? No thanks. It's just a glorified, giant iPod Touch, which I also dislike.

I did a comic about this yesterday:

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
Ironscarf at 5:18AM, Feb. 1, 2010
(offline)
lastcall
I did a comic about this yesterday:

I knew it - the O-toon has changed everything!

I have no possible use for iTampons, but that won't stop me buying enough to line my nuclear bunker.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Ozoneocean at 7:04AM, Feb. 1, 2010
(online)
Ironscarf
I have no possible use for iTampons, but that won't stop me buying enough to line my nuclear bunker.
Isn't that what girls use them for anyway? ^^
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
ksteak at 8:33AM, Feb. 1, 2010
(offline)
*hugs his eeepc*
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 4:53PM, Feb. 1, 2010
(offline)
ozoneocean
They're nice and big (over 12 inches), nice design too… looking very sexy.

I'm sold.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon