Debate and Discussion

Are we going to make a business out of saving-the-Earth?
simonitro at 5:50PM, Sept. 30, 2009
(online)
Well, this question has been on my mind for couple of weeks but I want to see people's opinions about this subject matter.

Let's suppose, there's an astroid coming to Earth and it could destroy us all. Let's also say, scientists have the idea to create a weapon that could destroy that astroid.

Of course, this weapon needs like resources and people for it and to know how to use it but are we going to make a business out of it? Like money for that weapon for the ones who knows how to use it and such? It's a very critical situation and has a lot on the line.

What are your thoughts about this subject matter?

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
Orin J Master at 6:38PM, Sept. 30, 2009
(online)
that kind of thing would be staffed and funded through federal spending, probably shared jointly through various members of (i think) NATO.

although i'm not 100% about this falling under NATO's perview.

regardless, private companies wouldn't make a business out of doing it. supplying the force that's doing it, yes. actually doing it themselves, no.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
kyupol at 8:23PM, Sept. 30, 2009
(online)
there's no need for an asteroid to make a business out of saving the earth.

Look at all this crap about “global warming” and the “swine flu”.

Its called noproblem-reaction-solution. lol!
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
BffSatan at 12:35AM, Oct. 2, 2009
(online)
kyupol
there's no need for an asteroid to make a business out of saving the earth.

Look at all this crap about “global warming” and the “swine flu”.

Its called noproblem-reaction-solution. lol!
Cool story bro.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
Kroatz at 1:31AM, Feb. 4, 2010
(online)
I hope they make a business out of it, the world gets saved and we get a discount!
But seriously…
When it gets to the point that corporations have to actually save the world it will fail. Every company is worried that they might go bankrupt, or just lose money. That fear will be so great that they all panic. and then noone saves the world. and then we all die.

Governments will probably force companies into helping though, they all start working together and the world will be rainbows and sunshine once more.
Or maybe not…

In the mayor motion picture 2012 the American government saves itself, and the masters of the corporate world (the kings of america). If the corporate world has to save the world they will probably sell tickets. only the elite will live.
Comidion.deviantart.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
kyupol at 9:10AM, Feb. 4, 2010
(online)
Speaking of saving the world, based on my research, there are 3 things out there to “save you”

1) Jesus Christ will come down from heaven to save you. Save you from the New World Order, from Satan, and from the forces of evil. All you have to do is do nothing except believe in him. Because the end times will come… the antichrist will come…. and after all the chaos and war and all… Jesus will finally arrive and save you from it all!!! Because you are but LITTLE ME who is totally powerless against Satan and the New World Order that is why you need an outside savior.

2) Al Gore, and the men in white lab coats and their social darwinist eugenicist theory will save you from global climate change and bring forth this Brave New World Order where everything is so wonderful where you are controlled from birth to death. The men in white lab coats are your new priests who will save you from ignorance and belief in superstitions! All part and parcel of this New World Order that is so awesome! Because you are but LITTLE ME who needs to be guided like sheep into this wonderful utopia New World Order.

3) The space aliens, ascended masters, galactic federation, etc. will save you from the New World Order, the Reptoids, and that lying manipulative religious structure that is only designed to enslave your mind. There is nothing you can do except do nothing. Because you are but LITTLE ME who is totally powerless against the New World Order and the Reptoids.

Wait a minute… if all of them tell you you're LITTLE ME… does that indicate that all of them work for the same force?

But you know who is gonna save YOU?

Look in the mirror. And face reality. That is the start of saving YOU.
NOW UPDATING!!!
Sea_Cow at 3:30PM, Feb. 4, 2010
(offline)
Sometimes I wonder where Kyupol got his religion/belief/way-of-life from. It's somewhere between Christianity and Truthism.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
kyupol at 4:26PM, Feb. 4, 2010
(online)
Sea_Cow
Sometimes I wonder where Kyupol got his religion/belief/way-of-life from. It's somewhere between Christianity and Truthism.

I do not put a label on my belief system.

I am just somebody who hates being lied to.

Just so you realize, everything around you is a lie. And the lie is different on every level.
There are lies for the low IQ (Fox News, fake churches, Glen Beck, celebrity and sports hero worship, american idol, etc.).
There are lies for the smarter ones (CNN, New York Times, secular humanism, United Nations, anime, etc.) .
Then there are lies for those who can see through the first two layers of lies (The “New Age” = which is really Satan worship, Marxism, and misandry coated in conspiracy theories, alternative medicine, and various feel-good-lovey-dovey “the Secret” stuff).

If they're telling you to just sit down and shut up because someone else will save you, they are LIARS.

Hope this is clear.

NOW UPDATING!!!
ozoneocean at 7:05PM, Feb. 4, 2010
(online)
simonitro
Are we going to make a business out of saving-the-Earth?
It's interesting if you apply this to Global warming.
Of course global warming doesn't threaten the earth, since the planet will go on regardless. But it does threaten the way of life we're used to and the world we're used to in terms of whether patterns, animal species we know and love, climate and geography: as sea levels slowly rise, ice caps melt, and various inland seas and rivers dry up.

It's interesting because business is primarily behind the problem to start with. Can business really be harnessed for good ends to try and reverse this problem?
It hasn't so far.
Getting business to reign back even a paltry 5% in most cases proves far too much. It doesn't look good.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
Sea_Cow at 7:09PM, Feb. 4, 2010
(offline)
kyupol
Sea_Cow

Just so you realize, everything around you is a lie. And the lie is different on every level.
There are lies for the low IQ (Fox News, fake churches, Glen Beck, celebrity and sports hero worship, american idol, etc.).
There are lies for the smarter ones (CNN, New York Times, secular humanism, United Nations, anime, etc.) .
Then there are lies for those who can see through the first two layers of lies (The “New Age” = which is really Satan worship, Marxism, and misandry coated in conspiracy theories, alternative medicine, and various feel-good-lovey-dovey “the Secret” stuff).

If they're telling you to just sit down and shut up because someone else will save you, they are LIARS.

Hope this is clear.

Anime? I mean, I see how the other media sources could be covering up conspiracies, but how does a cartoon about big shiny eyes and fighting contribute? I demand to hear more.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
The Gravekeeper at 11:47AM, Feb. 7, 2010
(offline)
kyupol
Sea_Cow

Hope this is clear.

You don't like being lied to, and yet you've swallowed so many lies and misconceptions. I would facepalm, but I'm worried that I'd just end up with some serious bruises.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
LOOKIS at 8:21PM, Feb. 7, 2010
(offline)
The easiest way to avoid being lied to is to believe that everything you are told is the truth.

Or, as Quantum Physicists say, the cat in the box is both dead and alive until somebody actually opens the box and checks, so, until then, anything anyone says about the cat is the truth.

Second way to avoid being lied to: DON'T OPEN THE BOX!
………………. LEAVE THIS SPACE BLANK …………………
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved