Networking & Community Projects*

Artiest Needed for Seinen Manga Ravian University
SeinenMan at 11:36PM, Oct. 11, 2010
(offline)
I’m not going to bore you with an overly long synopsis, but basically the main premise is a world where magic has existed since the beginning of time and has since then continued on into the future were it’s mixed in with technology. Sorcerers exist to police the world of magic and to maintain the balance of power between the three realms Jukai(Heaven), Makai(Hell) and Kudai(Earth). Ravian U is a school that teaches sorcery to it’s students. They use a number of weapons other then magic such as swords, throwing knifes and beast summons such as griffins, dragons and Minotaurs.

The manga is a long term project, the script so far is pushing 80 chapters, the longest of which is 36 pages long and is still in the works. The title is Ravian University a rather dark story showing the more bleak parts of society and of teenage angst and hardship.

Since its a seinen manga - meaning it's for males 18 or older - there are certain parts of the script that pose high counts of suggestive themes - such as decapitation, the cutting of limbs, a lesbian couple (Yuri) and scenes of sexual intercourse (hentai). I just wanted to point such things out to you should you accept my offer and know what kinds of things you’ll be drawing.

This is a non profit collaboration, as in its highly unliekly you'll be paid for the work, If you have a problem with that please don't bother replying. I'd like to think that artists draw and create for the joy of it and should focus more on there readers instead of there wallets. But sadly I know that this is'nt the way the world works.

If you are even the slightest bit interested, or have any questions -then send me an e-mail at tylerjunky@yahoo.com or just reply here. Your talent would be most appreciated.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
lucas_irineu at 11:54AM, Oct. 15, 2010
(online)
Not trying to be an ass or anything, but I did some math.

If you get someone who can make two pages a week (which is A LOT for someone not getting paid at all), and lets say each chapters has 25 pages on average, and you want 80 chapters, it will take twenty one years for this to end. I realize you said its a long term project… But damn, this is long.

So if you want someone who will create good art for you, you would either have to be willing to pay, or hope that you are really lucky. Not saying that it is impossible, but a lot of threads like this are made here and most don't get any replies. So I thought I should let you know.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:48PM
skoolmunkee at 4:28PM, Oct. 15, 2010
(offline)
SeinenMan
I'd like to think that artists draw and create for the joy of it and should focus more on there readers instead of there wallets. But sadly I know that this is'nt the way the world works.

This is almost offensive. I understand that writers go around begging artists to work for them for free all the time (good, loyal artists are valuable, but not valuable enough to bother paying evidently), but trying to pull some kind of high-horse thing on them is not going to get you far.

Does it really need to be 80 chapters? That is a giant story and you strike me as someone very inexperienced. Maybe you should be looking for an editor first.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon