Networking & Community Projects*

Artist Needed for Comedy/Action Story
RingmasterGrimm at 12:03PM, July 30, 2007
(offline)
Hello All! I am looking for an artist for one of two series I am working on.

One is called “The Adventures of Dante and Tyro” and is about two guys who get regularly involved in thwarting supernatural menaces (like zombies, demons, sorcerers, politicians, etc.) and their lives. Dante is an artist/musician who doesn't shower and lives in his VW minibus. he smokes constantly, drinks occassionally, and is generally a luck-of-the-draw action hero. his counterpart is Tyro, a brainy college student who addictedly studies the occult, has OCD, and dresses only in black suits. The series pokes fun at philosophy, politics, music, and pulp horror cliches.

The other is called “The Argyle Avenger” and chronicles the exploits of a superhero schoolgirl and her love interest/fanboy who is also, unwittingly, her alter ego's best friend. She battles alien menaces and her arch-enemy Count Cliche, who has all the powers of stereotypical sorcerer bad guys (hence the name). This story is filled with corny humor, poking fun at it's own cheesiness, and what i think are downright cute characters (even the bad guys). This storyline has a bit more of a serious tone in some parts than the other one, though, and has some elements of romance.

“Dante & Tyro” has eleven 6-panel strips already written (which completes the first story arc), and the first chapter of “The Argyle Avenger” is now complete, which is around 110 frames, book style. “Dante & Tyro” requires a kind of grim and gritty style, whereas “The Argyle Avenger” should be more cartoonish (but NOT manga). I am also working on the next arcs/chapters in each story.

If you're interested at all, let me know by posting here or sending me private quack.
-Brandon
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:08PM
ConroyConroy at 9:59PM, Aug. 12, 2007
(online)
I am totally interested in doing the Argyle Avenger!!!
num num
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM
ConroyConroy at 10:01PM, Aug. 12, 2007
(online)
I'll post my samples later this week. I'm doing my finals right now unfortunately, and I have nothing scanned yet.
num num
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon