Networking & Community Projects*

Artist needed, please?
Hashi at 4:16PM, July 24, 2007
(offline)
My friend and I are thinking of starting up a webcomic, but, well, neither of us can draw :cry: Were looking for an available artist to help us in our quest for a webcomic. We have no idea when the comic is going to start, we haven't planned that yet, we wanted to know there would be an artist available when he have a script written up. Also, its just for fun, so no, you wont get paid, sorry :kitty:
The webcomic is going to be a Comedy/Drama(romance?) about Ninjas :neenjah: VS Pirates, the main characters are 2 ninja girls trying to get revenge for the murder of their families. Anyone interested can either post here, or send me an e-mail at andrea_the_1_and_only@hotmail.com, either way, please include a sample picture(what, you thought we were gonna make this easy? lol! )
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
Hashi at 1:46PM, July 25, 2007
(offline)
C'mon, anyone? Please? :(
SomaX at 8:30PM, July 25, 2007
(offline)
I am already involved in a project, but I thought I would give you a bit of advice.

First off, you can not expect to get a “good” artist in a single day, unless you have a reputation; so there is no reason to get upset.

Second, it might help your search if you posted a few sample scripts, like for 3 or 4 pages. If not, then a character bio or two. Either of these options would give an artist a better idea of what they are in for if they join you. An artist also wants to know that you are able to keep a scedual, so saying that you do not know when you will start and that you do not have any scripts is not going to help. In all honesty, you should have a good amount of planning done, so your artist does not have to sit around waiting for you to crank out a script, when they could be working on their own comic or with someone else.
~*~
#253 in Comic Book/Story #344 Overall ~*~ #383 in Comic Book/Story #517 Overall
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:49PM
p_type at 12:29AM, July 26, 2007
(offline)
Those are all good points…. I myself might be interested if I knew a bit more about things. Although the idea of ninja and pirates sounds cool all by itself :) I think an artists biggest concern is …“how serious is this person?” even if you just plan on doing the project for fun it's still a good idea to take a very serious approach to your fun. :P

www.blu3fir3.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
Hashi at 11:05AM, July 26, 2007
(offline)
Yeah, I guess I really haven't given it much thought, hehehe…… The update schedule will be once a week, and it will start late September or early October if all goes well.

The storyline is basically, there are 5 ninja villages, one for each element, earth, air, fire, water, and metal as a separate element. One day the pirates find the ninjas land, and decide to take it for themselves, because of all the natural resources to be found there. All the ninjas are wiped out, except for 2 young girls, Shuka and (unknown). Shuka is from the metal village, and her village jutsu is “metal weaver”, which gives her control over metal, although her village was killed before she learned much, so she has to teach herself how to control it. She's very antisocial and only opens up to (unknown).

Thats all i have right now, my friend hasnt given me her characters bio yet, and we still need to work out details
swisscheese at 6:52AM, July 27, 2007
(online)
That premise really sounds like fun, but between 2 jobs I don't even have time to draw my own nowadays. T_T

I was gonna do a Ninjas Vs. Space Pirates comic when I was a kid back in the days when “the internet” meant Prodigy, AOL, Compuserv, or Usenet and the WWW was almost unheard of.

On that note, I'm going to go to job #2 now.
Visit http://www.drunkduck.com/DSRI/ Updated Sundays-ish!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
Hashi at 8:01AM, July 29, 2007
(offline)
Thanks for your support ^^, hope you find the time to work on your comic

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon