Networking & Community Projects*

Artists! Can YOU break the curse?
Eleika at 7:17PM, Sept. 28, 2006
(offline)
UPDATE (May 23 2007): Well, I can't torture myself enough, so I'm giving it another try. See my most recent post for details.

Comic Details:
- Fantasy comic
- Based on already-written short stories

Premise: A very large meteor is headed straight for the planet Takara, much to the horror of both the semi-primitive human inhabitants, and the Grythi, the winged-cat alien researchers in Takara's orbit. When the Grythi break code and intervene, the fate of both humans and Grythi soon becomes intertwined. The story follows both the humans and the Grythi separately as they make their new lives in a changed world where magic is suddenly possible.

*Sigh* … I'll try this one last time …

I am currently seeking an artist to work with on a Fantasy story-comic. Except that I have a problem.

*scary pirate accent* This position be cursed.

Let's put it this way: I have an entire script written up. I am a writer, not an artist, as you can see if you visit the *shudder* comic space I currently have up there. All I need is an artist. Yet every time I team up with someone … something happens. I've had at least two artists vanish off the face of the earth. Others have outright quit on me (not because I'm scary or mean, but for their own personal reasons, honest). The comic gets started … and then ends, abrupbtly, two to six pages in.

I'd even be willing to split up the story into a series of “short stories” if more than one person is interested, or if it would make the work easier. Actually, as it is, I'm pretty flexible – I just can't draw, nor do I have time to learn. Especially since I just finished a novel manuscript and I may be hovering on the verge of getting published. (pray for me)

Interested? Drop me a line at eleika (at) shaw (dot) ca, or post here. Can YOU break the curse? Gods, I hope so.

Further update info (May 23): Ironically, the curse struck me this time. Back in September, I naively thought that school would be easy. The previous Spring Semester had been a cakewalk and I was doing a college-level program after already obtaining a University degree.

Hooboy was I wrong.

My contributions to Delirium aside, I pretty much vanished off the face of the Internet. By January, my personal life got very complicated and crazy, so my stress levels skyrocketed. I have been back to the DD forums -maybe- ten times since I posted this.

Things are finally starting to ease up. Already my stress is disappearing (well, all but the psycho-bride stress). By September I will be graduated, married, and in a much more peaceful living situation than I am now. I am hoping to find someone I can work with, someone willing to commit. See my most recent post for details.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
Mark at 5:25AM, Sept. 29, 2006
(offline)
I wont mind drawing a few strips, though I cant commit myself to being your permanant art monkey
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
Aeon at 1:59PM, Oct. 1, 2006
(online)
I may be interested. I don't know if I could commit to doing more than a short story arc, right now, but I'll try my hand and see if I could commit to doing more. If you'd like to message me more info through this new private quack thing here on the duck, that'd be alright. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:46AM
Comicmasta at 2:17PM, Oct. 1, 2006
(offline)
Yarg! summin bin mentionin Pirates?
i have been brought back….The Boanitia..grrrrr…..Must find Super Jesus!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:43AM
herio at 7:30PM, Oct. 1, 2006
(online)
hay im not bizzy i can help

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
Eleika at 10:06AM, Oct. 27, 2006
(offline)
Ugh, school has been worse than I thought. I've been absolutely disconnected.

If anyone's still interested, let me know. I have more than a few ideas. Or you can just enter my Grythi contest here: http://nightgig.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2237
ConroyConroy at 8:48AM, Nov. 3, 2006
(online)
I might be interested, but not as a full time artist either. If you got at least one or two other artists to work on it also, like in shifts or something, I'd be willing to contribute.
num num
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM
Eleika at 1:29AM, May 23, 2007
(offline)
UPDATE

So I've already mentioned in the original post what's kept me from working on this myself. It's why I haven't contacted the above artists. I am very interested in getting this started, even to the point of having it all planned out and finished before launching.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. Even if you charge a fee, I'll still be willing to check you out. This is something that means a lot to me and I'd like to see it eventually take flight.
Nergal at 5:36PM, May 23, 2007
(online)
I want to break curse
I like fighting evil
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:11PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon