Media Megaforum

lastcall at 4:54AM, July 31, 2009
(offline)
Wiki Entry here

I have been hearing things about this upcoming film for years now, especially when there was dispute that the makers of “The Last Airbender” film could not name their film “Avatar” because of this movie. I'm hearing that this movie will have such good special effects, we won't be able to tell what is real and what is CGI. Cameron is claiming that this film marks the turning point of CGI evolution, it will be that good. …But I think this article from The Hollywood Roaster says it best:

The Hollywood Roaster
James Cameron has always been known as a technical pioneer, but he may be poised to take things a little too far with his upcoming Avatar movie, set to hit theaters late this year. According to several reliable sources, the new film is so visually stunning, it will rupture both your head and your ass.

“Remember when kids were having seizures because of Pokémon?” asked Thomas Herlander of UCLA’s Brain Research Lab. “That was nothing. When this movie hits Imax, we could be talking about mass death and defecation. People simply cannot handle this type of entertainment.”

But the warnings have only fueled even more interest in the pic among the studio’s core audience.

“I can’t wait to have my brain blown up!” posted Geek4Lyfe on the popular site aintitcool.com. “And I can’t remember the last time a movie made me drop a deuce. It’s gonna be killer!”
lol!

Thoughts? Opinions? Is it really going to be as good as Cameron says it will be? Is Cameron a total wuss? (I mean, he DID make Titanic…)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
ozoneocean at 6:08AM, July 31, 2009
(online)
Heh. I'd take those claims with a massive grain of rocksalt since exactly the same things were said about cheap crappy horror films in the 1950s that people would laugh and laugh at today. :)

I'm sure it will be entertaining and have a large audience. But won't be very ground breaking.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
lefarce at 10:41AM, July 31, 2009
(online)
I like it just because it shares a name with that other Avatar movie and will be a billion times better. Also it's James motherfuckin' Cameron, so I have reserved faith.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
Sea_Cow at 11:05AM, July 31, 2009
(offline)
Well of course it has Sigourney Weaver in it. She's like the Steve Buscemi to Jame's Cameron's Cohen brothers, or the Samuel L. Jackson to his Tarantino.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
lefarce at 11:44AM, July 31, 2009
(online)
The Johnny Depp to his Burton.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved