Media Megaforum

ccs1989 at 2:40PM, July 29, 2008
(online)
So I really liked the ending of this show. It was epic, but expected. Still there were enough twists in it to not seem like it was just inevitable.

But it wasn't nearly as epic as my dream about what the Avatar finale should have been that I had about a week later. I can't remember much of it, but it had something to do with Aang having to jump into a sea of lava and the Fire Nation suddenly revealing that they were actually Confederate America. But MAN it was epic.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
LIZARD_B1TE at 2:42PM, July 29, 2008
(online)
You know, I would really like to know what happened to Zuko's mother.

Also, the whole “Zuko is Fire Lord, hurray!” thing didn't make any sense. After generations of brainwashing into believing that the Fire Nation is awesome, the Avatar is bad, and the rest of the world is privileged to have such an amazing society invade them, the Fire Nation is suddenly completely OK with a traitor who is friends with the Avatar becoming Fire Lord? Not even a word of dissent? Seriously, what the hell?

Except for those two points, I loved the finale. It was excellent and very well done. In particular, I liked Azula's mental breakdown toward the end. I just didn't didn't expect to see that kind of crazy on a kid's show. It was kind of disturbing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
Hawk at 7:32PM, July 29, 2008
(online)
That was a kind of funny thing about the end of the war… If it gets bad enough it tends to stick with the nations involved for long after the war is over. In real life there would be plenty of bitterness toward the fire nation from the other nations, thanks to the family members they lost.

But I think that's a notion they kind of had to suppress, just to show children viewers that grudges should not be held. It's not realistic, but I think it's a good sentiment to encourage.

LIZARD_B1TE
In particular, I liked Azula's mental breakdown toward the end. I just didn't didn't expect to see that kind of crazy on a kid's show. It was kind of disturbing.

Watching Azula go nuts was probably my favorite part. As the ending near I kept wondering what kind of punishment should be dished out to such an awful girl. It turns out watching her fall victim to her own selfishness and anger is both satisfying and appropriate. And just barely kid-safe enough! What do we learn about being a power-hungry conniving brat, kids?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
jalford at 12:44AM, July 30, 2008
(online)
They just released the last DVD volume today too. Hopefully they'll have a bonus DVD with the box set release.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved