Media Megaforum

Bands you like but normally are supposed to hate
nighthawk41 at 7:57AM, July 24, 2006
(online)
Have you ever heard a band not knowing who they are thinking “I hate this kind of music but this band kicks ass?” I have.
1. Tupac (I hate rap, but this guy was good. Rest in peace)
2. Kanye West (Again, I hate rap, but also this guy is an idiot (see Mind of Mencia for more info))
3. Beastie Boys (Rap again… I'm starting to wonder if I'm becoming a rapper)
4. 2 or 3 songs by Greenday (They are the worst band ever, but some of their older songs were cool.)
5. Megadeth (I LOVE THIS BAND! LOVE THEM! But the singer (Dave Mustain) is such an ass-hole. He would kick band members out without explanation, he pushed my friend to the ground when he asked for his autograph (he was 13 at the time) and back when he was in Metallica, he poured beer down the bassist's bass guitar and he got an electric shock. But my god, his music and his lyrics… GOD-LIKE!)
6. There is no 6.
7. Cannibal Corpse (The singer is horrible, but I love their music!)
8. There was this one rapper who sang something called the Mario Rap… I laughed my ass off when I heard it. (Again, it's rap…)
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/nighthawk41/BodomBeachTerrorsig.png Edited by Admin.
Please make your sig either 250 x 100 or 468 x 60 pixels. Thankyou.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
Anatak at 2:41AM, Aug. 20, 2006
(offline)
I'd consider myself a true metal fan. For those who don't know, Metal fans tend to be fairly closed minded when it comes to other types of music.. My favorite band is Obituary. Others that I like are Morbid Angel, Deicide, Brutality, Monstrosity, Suffication, (early) Kataklysm, Celtic Frost, Arch Enemy, Bathory, Bolt Thrower, Testament, (early) Slayer, Death, Opeth, Possesed, Finntroll, Kreator, Immolation, Cryptopsy, etc….

Three bands that I enjoy despite the fact that they suck:

Pantera. I know they are posers, I know they “borrowed” their sound from Exhorder, and am completely aware of their glam/power metal days, I just can't help but enjoy some of their music. heh

Devil Driver. I can't help but like a few of their songs despite the vocalist's backround in nu metal… ugh. -_-

Dragonforce. It's the wierdest thing, I like a few of their songs… I have hated all power metal I've ever heard, but like these guys for some unexplainable reason…… >_> Atleast they know how to play their instruments, unlike the previous two bands.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM
Terminal at 6:22AM, Aug. 20, 2006
(online)
..wasn't there a thread liked this a while back with almost the same title?

.: Myxomatosis :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:09PM
PhatScurl at 2:04PM, Aug. 20, 2006
(offline)
Yea that would be mine…the topic name was

“Bands you hate, Songs you love”
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
Ian Jay at 2:34PM, Aug. 20, 2006
(offline)
Anatak
My favorite band is Obituary. Others that I like are Morbid Angel, Deicide, Brutality, Monstrosity, Suffication, (early) Kataklysm, Celtic Frost, Arch Enemy, Bathory, Bolt Thrower, Testament, (early) Slayer, Death, Opeth, Possesed, Finntroll, Kreator, Immolation, Cryptopsy, etc…

You're just making some of those names up, aren't you? No way a band could name themselves “Dragonforce” and not mean it to be ironic.

~IJ
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
suzi at 4:59PM, Aug. 20, 2006
(online)
Hmm, no, I think I'm hypocrisy free.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
kaminari at 11:53PM, Aug. 22, 2006
(online)
Anatak
Testament

I love their Souls Of Black album. That and The Ritual really stood out to me.
I used to listen to metal when I was a teenager and less and less as I neared my twenties.

Now I just isten to a wide variety of Japanese crap, lol.

but oddly enough, I'll randomly listen to Rammstein. (like right now Ive been listening to their Rosenrot album)

I am FS2 champion! w00t!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
Anatak at 12:28AM, Aug. 23, 2006
(offline)
Ian Jay
Anatak
My favorite band is Obituary. Others that I like are Morbid Angel, Deicide, Brutality, Monstrosity, Suffication, (early) Kataklysm, Celtic Frost, Arch Enemy, Bathory, Bolt Thrower, Testament, (early) Slayer, Death, Opeth, Possesed, Finntroll, Kreator, Immolation, Cryptopsy, etc…

You're just making some of those names up, aren't you? No way a band could name themselves “Dragonforce” and not mean it to be ironic.

~IJ

http://www.dragonforce.com/main.html <——- Dragonforce.

I assure you, each and everyone of those names are quite real, and belong to various metal bands. :)

I'm pretty sure that Dragonforce don't really take their music subject matter very seriously.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM
Jillers at 1:46PM, Aug. 23, 2006
(offline)
You know, I hate rap and try to avoid it like the plague (exeptions are always made for the old school rap, and old-school style rap… I think it's called “gangsta” rap now? That's the type I hate) but there are a few Eminem songs that I, grudgingly, admit to liking, like Stan.

I hate Eric Clapton, but I like that song he dedicated to his son.
I hate the Rolling Stones, but I do like I Can't Get No Satisfaction.
“ ” Bruce Springsteen but I like Blinded By the Light
I LOATHE Andrew Lloyd Webber, but, for whatever reason, love Starlight Express, and the song Tell Me on a Sunday.
I also don't like Stephen Schwartz, he's a pompous jerk, but Wicked does have a good soundtrack… and, despite his “I am so brilliant for writing this song you should all praise my brilliance” attitude about No Good Deed, I really like that song…

…you know, this list could go on, cause, as I think about it, there are a lot of people and bands I hate, but very grudgingly admit that “Yeah… I guess that song's ok” but I'm just full of hate.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
Ian Jay at 2:21PM, Aug. 24, 2006
(offline)
Jillers
I LOATHE Andrew Lloyd Webber, but, for whatever reason, love Starlight Express, and the song Tell Me on a Sunday.

We need to bring Starlight Express back. The world needs more futuristic roller-skate-choreographed musicals about trains.

~IJ
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved