Help, Support and Suggestions

Banned and IP Banned
Sitania at 1:50AM, April 27, 2008
(offline)
Hello, I was just browsing DD when suddenly it said my IP address was banned, and I was given NO reason as to why! I wasn't even given a WARNING, or an email explaining why either. My regular DrunkDuck username is Altimas, and I just want to know why I was banned/IP banned

Thanks,
Altimas
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
DD_Management at 3:15AM, April 27, 2008
(offline)
Check the information is this profile:
http://user.drunkduck.com/altimas

This course of action was agreed on by the DD Admin staff. You must have known what you were doing when you did it, and that it was wrong. This is extremely bad behavior for any user of Drunk Duck to indulge in! You've betrayed your fellow users and abused their trust, as well as attempting to manipulate aspects of the site itself.

We're sorry but we just cannot tolerate this sort of activity in any shape or from. We have gathered many reported incidents and after considering them we saw no other alternative.

We hope you find a place at another comic community like Comic Genesis, Smack Jeeves or Comic Dish that will be more accepting of your anti-community activities.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
Sitania at 11:32AM, April 27, 2008
(offline)
The thing is though, I never did anything like that!

In fact, that happened to me last month, you see, 2 DrunkDuck users (PQ me for the names, I don't want to rat them out here…) tricked me into going to their forum (which I am a member of) and they changed ONE letter of the url, which I didn't notice at the time, and they told me they couldn't log in, so they asked if I could log in, so I logged in, and told them I could. A few weeks later, one of them told me what they did.

My point is that I had NOTHING to do with that password/username scam! And I think it might've been the 2 (or just 1 of them) who used my account to send people that forum link.

I even sent ozoneocean a PQ a few weeks ago explaining that my password was taken as well, if you don't believe me (which I can understand if you don't) but I just don't want anyone to think I'm a hacker or anything is all…

Thanks,
Altimas
skoolmunkee at 1:57PM, April 27, 2008
(online)
Nice try, but maybe you shouldn't have gone around telling so many people how you were getting other people's passwords. Not to mention the fact that you've admitted to logging into others' accounts to mess with them in the past, however you got their passwords. Also, no inflating page views, which you've openly told several people about too. Drunk Duck isn't here for you to mess with. This wasn't an overnight decision for us, it's been at least 6 months in the making.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Sitania at 2:23PM, April 27, 2008
(offline)
…I only know 3 people's passwords, and they all GAVE me their passwords, I haven't even used those in a while anyways…

And I'm just about sure that I can't say anything now…even though this was an unfair ban…

And now I have no other site to go to now, DD was the ONLY site that I liked, I hate all the other sites…

This is unfair,
Altimas
crocty at 2:29PM, April 27, 2008
(online)
…You hacked other people's accounts…
I'd say getting banned for that is fair…
THIS NEW SITE SUCKS I'M LEAVING FOREVER I PROMISE, GUYS.
NOT BLUFFING, I'M GONE IF YOU DON'T FIX IT.
Oh god I'm so alone someone pay attention to me
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
Sitania at 2:31PM, April 27, 2008
(offline)
It was 3 people, and they all gave me their passwords, I did it MONTHS ago as a JOKE, they all laughed about it and everything…
THKNN_NUL at 2:45PM, April 27, 2008
(online)
if he promises to behave from now on can he stay as Sitania?
I LOVE this site.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:29PM
DD_Management at 4:56PM, April 27, 2008
(offline)
Skoolmunkee is right.

The reports of your current activity are recent and documented. It's no use lying about it now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
Sitania at 6:32PM, April 27, 2008
(offline)
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee176/Altimatium/Passesproof.png

I wasn't lying about my password being stolen…
Poki_rat at 8:08PM, April 27, 2008
(online)
… Whoa O.O That's some pretty good evidence.
Chinchilla's are nartures chibi's.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
THKNN_NUL at 9:47PM, April 27, 2008
(online)
I agree. yo can't exactly fake something like that.
I LOVE this site.
Ninja god at 9:49PM, April 27, 2008
(offline)
Apr 19,`08 1:54am
Altimas
Yes, I can help you, now, listen VERY closely

Get people to join this forum which I will link in a second here, and also get them to log it (they HAVE to log in for it to work)

PQ me when you got people to join and login, but keep this info SECRET! As in, DON'T BRAG ABOUT IT! in fact, don't even tell the people you know their passwords, cause that'll make them not trust you.

Here's the link
http://7-spade.com/fourmz/

And remember, they HAVE to log in, they HAVE to

and then PQ me for the passwords, and I'll give them to you

Ninja god
can you help me?

some people told me your pretty good at getting into peoples accounts. could you give me some tips? your amazing! i wish i could do that :)

also, is it true you got into megasonic? i noticed some pages missing. they said it was you, but i dunno. if it was tho, man, thats pretty cool! you are awesum!!! :)

)–=Ninja God=–(
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:17PM
THKNN_NUL at 10:57PM, April 27, 2008
(online)
Altimas was At his step dad's house that day, and he doesn't have internet. it had to be one of the people who had control of Altimas' account.
I LOVE this site.
ozoneocean at 12:32AM, April 28, 2008
(online)
Sitania
I even sent ozoneocean a PQ a few weeks ago explaining that my password was taken as well, if you don't believe me (which I can understand if you don't) but I just don't want anyone to think I'm a hacker or anything is all…
I had two PQs about that, dated:
Mar 26,`08 10:24pm
and:
Mar 27,`08 3:44am

Here is the entire thing in quotes:
Altimas
Thanks ozone, luckily I don't think he'll do anything with my password…but I'm paranoid, so it's always good to be safe ;)

Thanks again,
Altimas

ozoneocean
Altimas
Hi ozone, erm…I was wondering how I could change my DrunkDuck password? Because someone found out my password by using a little trick with their website…

So how can I change it? Or could you ask Volte if he can change it?

Thanks,
Altimas
Hi Altimas.

I'll ask Volte to change it for you. We'll e-mail it to the e-mail adress associated with your account (embodimentofdarkness@gmail.com) because the person who took your password can read your PQs and after it's changed neither of you will be able to get in anyway.

~ozoneocean
DD Admin

You mean to say Volte never changed your password? And you didn't ask me about it again?

????????????????????????????

That was a month ago.
That PQ to Ninja God is dated the 19th. That's a very long time after that password incident.

Unless you come up with the names right here in this thread, in public, and ALL info about those who you claimed scammed you, including DD usernames (if any), Ips, e-mails and descriptions about everything they did we're going to have a tough time believing you.

DD_Management and Skool have made good points. I've helped you with things in the past Altims, especially with that whole Grim Dorkness episode, so I know you're good at documenting things.

Convince us. ^__^

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:31PM
Muntron at 1:13AM, April 28, 2008
(online)
On another note, I found Grim Dorkness to be hilarious.

…I wasn't the only one right?

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
THKNN_NUL at 8:54AM, April 28, 2008
(online)
@ ozoneocean's: that still says his Password was taken…is this why the site got a password changer?
I LOVE this site.
ozoneocean at 9:05AM, April 28, 2008
(online)
The point is when these things happened… -_-

The password changer was finally made after people the people “altimas” scammed had their accounts abused. Whether it was really altimas or not remains to be seen. ;)

THKNN_NUL at 3:12PM, April 28, 2008
(online)
well lets see. Altimas found out Soonmme had his password on March 26. the stuff Altimas is accused of happened on April 19th, while Alty was at His step Dads and had no internet.
I LOVE this site.
Sitania at 4:12PM, April 28, 2008
(offline)
ozoneocean
You mean to say Volte never changed your password? And you didn't ask me about it again?

????????????????????????????

That was a month ago.
That PQ to Ninja God is dated the 19th. That's a very long time after that password incident.

Unless you come up with the names right here in this thread, in public, and ALL info about those who you claimed scammed you, including DD usernames (if any), Ips, e-mails and descriptions about everything they did we're going to have a tough time believing you.

Convince us. ^__^

Well to tell you the truth, I forgot to change my password until last Wednesday, the 23rd :cry: I would've done it as soon as I saw the password changer…but I figured “meh, I can wait…” I guess that part was stupid, considering 2 (or possibly more) people knew about it…

And I was INDEED away on Friday the 18th, to Sunday the 21st at my step dad's house for the weekend, with no internet, THKNN_NUL knew about that to, apparently, so I guessed I told him that beforehand…

And I CAN give the info about the people who knew my password, and PROOF that they had it!

First, here's picture proof from a conversation between Me and Soonmme (which I posted earlier, but here's more of that same conversation…)

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee176/Altimatium/Passesproof.png

That I am showing to prove he did have my password, and here's some more of that conversation, I highlighted what *I* think are key points

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee176/Altimatium/MoreProof.png

That shows how Soonmme and Kevin got my password.

Now, here is all the info I know about the 2

Here are their DD usernames
http://user.drunkduck.com/KevinClifford
http://user.drunkduck.com/soonmme

Here are their email addresses, at least, the one's I know of anyways…

KevinClifford's emails:

CheatCodeBusters@hotmail.com
CheatCodeBusters@yahoo.com

soonmme's emails:

Soonmme@hotmail.com

That's all their emails that I know…

and they way they got my password, was by this way…(and those 2 screen shot pictures prove this)

You see, I am a member at soonmme's forum, 7-spades
http://7-spade.com/forumz/
and when I was IM-ing with soonmme, he told me he was remoldling the site, and said he couldn't log in, so he asked if I could log in, and gave me THIS link
http://7-spade.com/fourmz/
Notice the difference?? The difference which I didn't notice until a few days ago, was that the “forumz” part had been changed to “fourmz” which is easily not noticed right away, and that's basically what happened.

OH! and that quote from “Me” to Ninja God, notice how the link to the password scammer is soonmme's password scammer thing, not mine…I think that's further proof that, that's what happened

Now, as for IP Addresses, I really don't know much about IP's or anything, so I don't know how to get them :( I'm not that great with computers, coding, or anything like that really…

But I hope I provided enough information to clear my name…

Thanks,
Altimas

Edit: I had trouble making the links clickable, so just copy and paste them please
THKNN_NUL at 8:22PM, April 28, 2008
(online)
that's some darn good evidence on Alty's part. I'd like to say more, but i've said all i could for Alty.
I LOVE this site.
Poki_rat at 9:39PM, April 28, 2008
(online)
I'd help, but I know nothing =P Sorry.
ozoneocean at 11:56PM, April 28, 2008
(online)
omegasonic0
Hi I complained about the Altimas problem and I just want to say that I made a mistake when I blamed him because the day that Yugi67's comic was hacked by “Altimas” was during Altimas' spring break at Florida, he didn't get home until the day after the comic was hacked…
Really?

What about this then?
omegasonic0
On the day he messed with said assited comic (Megasonic)I was talking to him on Yahoo. He said about how he visited my profile page about 10 times a day, and the said he was gonna do something funny. He then gave me the cryptic clue: “Where access is given, trust is lost.” I was confused, but some friends and I happened to be on the chatbox of said comic at time. Our alerters started going off, and when Yugi67, the comics author, said it wasnt him updating, I realized what was going on.
And as for your last question, when he told me he had my password, he promised me that he wouldn't use my password to do anything that would affect my comics or profile, and technically, thats a promise he kept. After he finished deleting a few pages of Megasonic, he stopped logging into my account after I would log in to try and stop him, I told Yugi67 to take me off as co-author to prevent it until such time as I had a new password.
So NOW you say he never had it in the first place… Although up there he apparently said he did. And now he was away at the time, although up there he was talking to you when it happened?

That's interesting. :)
These facts seem to change quite a lot for some reason.

———-
Altimas-

You gave us plenty of IPs during the Grim Dorknas affair… Did you forget what they were during the interval?

Sitania at 6:59AM, April 29, 2008
(offline)
I think that's easy to explain, you see, my Yahoo has the same password as my DD password and all the others, and Alex knew about my Yahoo…seeing as he's the one who made me get it…

and I was still in Florida (Actually, Washington D.C. is where my flight got cancelled) on that day, I might even be able to find plane tickets or something to prove it, if you guys wish.

ozoneocean
———-
Altimas-

You gave us plenty of IPs during the Grim Dorknas affair… Did you forget what they were during the interval?

I don't remember what IPs are…can you remind me what they are please?
SuperBiasedMan at 2:42PM, April 29, 2008
(offline)
This thread is getting hugely Phoenix Wright-y…
One question, if you were IP banned, how are you on now?
cosBIf you've done trigonometry, like me, you smile at this.
Then realise what you've done and die a little inside.
No need to thank me for that. :D
Now read this: http://www.drunkduck.com/Super_Biased_Man/index.php?p=395506
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Sitania at 3:43PM, April 29, 2008
(offline)
SuperBiasedMan
This thread is getting hugely Phoenix Wright-y…
One question, if you were IP banned, how are you on now?

Actually, Omegasonic0 showed me this thing on Sunday called a proxy, I guess it hides your info or something? Meh, I don't really know how it works…

Sitania
I think that's easy to explain, you see, my Yahoo has the same password as my DD password and all the others, and Alex knew about my Yahoo…seeing as he's the one who made me get it…

I wanted to add something to this, because after I said this, I went to look at my IM history to see if there was really a conversation between me and Omegasonic0 on the 14th, and here
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee176/Altimatium/Nothingon14th.png

It shows that the last conversation I had with Omegasonic, was only the 27th, the day I got banned

and of course it would be bolded as well if their was a conversation and whatnot…

So what I'm trying to say is, that if someone ELSE used my Yahoo account, it wouldn't show up on My Trillian(The IM program I use) history…

Hmm, this does seem Phoenix Wright-y…

I just had to get all this out in the open, because I don't want my name to be soiled or anything :(

Thanks,
Altimas
THKNN_NUL at 4:30PM, April 29, 2008
(online)
any “OBJECTION!” your honor? *sorry, couldn't resist*
I LOVE this site.
Poki_rat at 5:15PM, April 29, 2008
(online)
Do you save every conversation to you have or something?
utahgy at 5:22PM, April 29, 2008
(offline)
I am here to speak my part without bias.

I have seen altimas around and have talk to him personally. I have found him to lie and be very good at it.
I have found altimas to be false to his friends and others.

He is a person that breaks rules for fun and does not care about others often.

A month and some odd days ago Altimas was soliciting password information from omega and myself. His ploy was saing that he bet he could guess our passwords if we gave him a hint. Omega told him how many letters are in it. I told him also but no more information and my password is complicated enough to not know from just character numbers.

He has also shown blantent dissrespect for rules as seen in this chatroom. http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7606/rulebrokebyaltimasse8.png

Altimas has also claimed very often to have no feelings nor remorse for others. The fact that he has also promised to become more behaved and likable he has broken that too.

I do not know much about soonme but the fact I have talked to him too. He is not good company the way he tried to solicite pirated materials and his website. This is not shown in the evidence but to show that he is in leage with Altimas. http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2267/isuspectthisisaltimasaljn0.png

I have not come here as an enemy to altimas. but to state the plain fact. Do we want someone like this on Drunk Duck? A person who breaks rules for fun and does not care for others. I believe he has done the things he is accused of.

On another note. He has admited having four computers at his household. Just a maybe useless peice of evidence.

Thank you for listening to my part.

Edit: I mean this as no big personal assault Altimas. You have abused your rights. I have cooled down a bit to see that everybody can change. But you have to want the change. If you do change for the better, we can be good friends. Its too late for Drunk Duck but dont let that stop you. Just dont abuse your rights again.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
skoolmunkee at 2:48AM, April 30, 2008
(online)
I'm sorry but none of this is very convincing- and sorry to the people who are trying to speak out on Altimas's behalf, but that doesn't really count as evidence. It is also incredibly easy to fake dates so I'm afraid those don't count for much.

The fact is, Altimas, we've had people reporting that you've been using their password over six months ago. We don't care what you did with it- it should be common sense not to abuse others' passwords, and we got upset messages about it. You were warned about it. Whereas in these incidents, you've seemed almost proud to claim that you did those things.

Nothing you've said here explains why you never followed up on your claim 2 weeks ago that someone stole your password - if it is down to the fact that you forgot, I'm sory but that's your own fault. A lot of our evidence predates that claim ANYway, so according to your timeline, anything that happened before 2 weeks ago must have been you. You also haven't addressed one of our other reasons for blocking your IP, the fact that you use bots to up some comics' pageviews.

The fact that you have 6 accounts under your emails (and more linked to your IPs) doesn't look very good for you either.

This thread has gone on for several days now and it hasn't really changed anything in your case. We don't ban people lightly- we left the Sitania account open for you so you could access this thread too, it has nothing to do with proxies. :) If you have still got something you want to discuss with us then send a PQ to either myself or ozone and we will keep an open mind, but I'm not letting this continue as some kind of public trial, sorry.

Edit: I've had a couple people PQ me basically saying ‘but what about the chatlog he posted?’ Well… what about it? A: It never mentions what site it's for (in fact there is a blank where it says ‘sitename’, B: screencaps are easy to fake, and C: There's no evidence that IF it was soonmme and IF it was a DD password he got, that he ever used it. I think that scamming passwords is bad, but we can't go punishing people for stuff that has nothing to do with DD. :/
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved