Media Megaforum

Battlestar Galactica
Hakoshen at 11:55AM, Feb. 3, 2009
(offline)
Are there any fans here other than myself? If so, how are you all liking the final episodes? Do they get you on the edge of your seat or what?

Finally a reason to look forward to Friday other than having two days off!
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Product Placement at 3:15PM, Feb. 3, 2009
(online)
Yes. You have a fellow BSG fan here. I'm loving these episodes and I'm excited to find out how they're gonna wrap this up. Seems like they're creating so many new conflicts that it's impossible to end this right now but we're still 7 episodes away anything can happen in that time.

Some of the questions I have include…
How are they gonna solve the discrimination conflict between humans and the renegade cylons? After all these guys did kill of 99.99% of the human race.

What are they gonna do about the remaining Cylons(the ones that want to kill of the rest of the humans?)

Where can they find a habitable planet now that Earth is a wasteland and what caused the destruction of Earth?… Also WE(the earthlings)ARE FRAKING CYLONS? WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?

Oh and a thing I hate SO MUCH about cylons is their “we're so better then you” attitude towards humans. They whine about us being so violent and discriminating towards them. WELL WHY DO YOU THINK SO, YOU IDIOTS? YOU KILLED OF MOST OF THEM TO SETTLE SOME OLD SLAVERY GRUDGE! THEY'RE LIVING IN BROKEN DOWN BUCKETS WITH NO HOPE OF RETURNING HOME THANKS TO YOU! Sheesh…
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Hakoshen at 6:50AM, Feb. 4, 2009
(offline)
Well, they do keep saying “this has all happened before, it'll happen again”

And WTF is up with Starbuck?? She's died but she came back to life with a beacon that led her to earth that she crashed on after a phantom cylon raider led her into an electrical storm (or something) and NOW earth is an irradiated wasteland that was populated by cylons.

Suicide's on the rise, everyone hates somebody, mutiny, sex, psychotic rampages, and now bald, old people sex. EW. And did I mention everyone has gone frakkin crazy?

And yes, there's so much new crap coming out of the woodwork it's… emotionally draining to watch.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
DAJB at 9:42AM, Feb. 4, 2009
(online)
I honestly think BSG is TV at its best. It's intelligent, well plotted, well written, and superbly acted - one of the few SciFi shows which could appeal to viewers who aren't normally fans of the genre (not that they'll set their prejudices aside long enough to give it a try!)

The new episodes are definitely shaping up to be something special. I was a little worried that, in the run-up to the finale, they might start focusing so much on getting the story wrapped up, that they would lose sight of the character interactions and multi-layered plot threads that made the show so unmissable. Based on what I've seen so far, I needn't have worried - the final season is shaping up to be every bit as gripping as anything that preceded it!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
Product Placement at 1:29PM, Feb. 4, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen. Since you mentioned her…

Not only did she died when her viper blew up, like you mentioned, but when she mysteriously returned, the viper she was piloting was the one that blew up, only brand spanking new. ALSO! When she found the beacon on Earth it turns out to be a crashed version of her Viper with her corpse in it. And then they tell us that she's not the 5th cylon? WTF? There are dozen Starbuck clones flying around in identical vipers?

I agree with your statement DAJB. There are so many factors I love in this show. The unbreakable continuity that ensures that every scrape and dent that Galactica receives stays on it unless dedicated effort is put into repairing it. They have issues like gathering more fuel and water. How many voyager episodes did we hear them talking about these problems? (yes I know they have replicators and thus they don't need extra water but you know where I'm getting at) I love the retro technology. No super science bull. It's all about Armor, bullets and fraking nukes. The crew is breaking down and paranoia is settling in. Suicides and betrayals. Good stuff.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
lastcall at 2:33PM, Feb. 4, 2009
(offline)
DAJB
I honestly think BSG is TV at its best.

Amen. It's basically a realistic sci-fi show. I can see something like this happening in the next hundred or so years. It's not far-fetched like Farscape or shows like that.

I personally think Adama is the “dying leader” that Roslin thought referred to her. A couple of episodes ago we saw Adama taking pills and in pain. So I think the prophesy is referring to him.

I also think Starbuck is a kind of prophet or apparition or something, though I'm not sure what her role is in all of this, besides the “harbinger of doom” thing.

And I would never have guessed Ellen as the last cylon. I was thinking Starbuck was the last one.

Nevertheless, it will be a great upcoming series finale. I am looking forward to it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
Hakoshen at 10:47AM, Feb. 5, 2009
(offline)
On the subject of Adama…

Did anyone else pee a little when he shouted “What is this?!” Seriously, if that man yelled at me like that I'd probably die on the spot.

It's not just the characters and how they're written, but I honestly don't think anyone else could play them as good as the current roster.

Btw Lastcall, I never thought about it that way. Now I have to confer with all my battlestar buddies IRL to see what they think.

Another note about Starbuck,

Do you think that maybe her leading the world to ruin might have been her leading them to Earth, only the irradiated and dead one or that it might have something to do with that? Or maybe her finding that is what finally broke humanity leading to the crisis we're in right now?

I'll be honest. My friends watched the show for years and always tried to get me hooked on it, and I stubbornly refused, because I just couldn't really get into it. Then, one day recently, I watched the pilot and fell in love. Over the next few weeks we watched every single episode in sequence since he owns all the box sets. I've never been so excited over a television show before, and it's both thrilling and saddening to see how it's going to end.
-Harkovast
Amelius at 7:34PM, Feb. 5, 2009
(online)
A fan here! I've been rather enjoying the last episodes, sometimes the melodrama is a little too thick for my tastes, but overall it's a great show. Only the last episode I saw got cut off in the last few minutes because our friend's DVR screwed up. Noooooooo!!!!

I'm gonna be sad when it's over though, ‘cuz there will be no more good sci-fi shows on anymore. I don’t know though since I don't have cable…is there anything else at all?

Anyway, I'm eager to see how they wrap this all up. I just hope the answers are as good as the mysteries!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM
DAJB at 2:25PM, Feb. 6, 2009
(online)
Amelius
I'm gonna be sad when it's over though, ‘cuz there will be no more good sci-fi shows on anymore. I don’t know though since I don't have cable…is there anything else at all?
Well, it depends on your tastes, obviously, but personally I'm still enjoying Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. It's not as multi-layered and complex as BSG (what is?!) but it's well made and, for the most part, well acted (Shirley Manson notwithstanding!)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
threeeyeswurm at 3:44PM, Feb. 7, 2009
(offline)
BSG is absolutely amazing and one of the biggest influences on my comic/stories. I love rewatching the series and analyzing how they develop the characters and the plots.

DAJB is right. It's TV at its best. In fact, I don't knwo of anything better. I am sad and glad that they are ending it because that's what keeps its integrity and makes it awesome. Instead of milking it, they are perfecting it. Art before profits.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
anise shaw at 11:43PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(offline)
omg guys, this week's episode is going to be amazing!

I've been thinking about Starbuck a lot recently:

I don't really care about the particulars of who she is or why she's there, that part of the mythology will work itself out. I'm more interested in how the character is dealing with that fact, which so far seems pretty damn well. If I suddenly realised that who I thought I was had actually died, and I didn't know what I was I would freak out. I would probably kill myself. That's a total mindf*ck

I love the way this series is going. I was talking about it with Threeeyeswurm recently, especially about the new cylon human relationship

If this whole alliance had of happened two seasons ago, I would have been totally against it. I would have screamed at my television that it was a bad idea and that somehow Baltar would be screwing them all. Now, however, the series has naturally progressed to a point where I desperately want the cylons and the humans to have an alliance, and not only that but also give the cylons full citizenship. They will only be able to heal old wounds when they can finally see themselves as equals

If you are someone out there who hasn't seen this series, you must. I have forced almost all of my friends to watch this show and none of them are scifi fans. Everyone is hooked, it's amazing. We have Friday night download + BSG watch FEST! Love it!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:53AM
ozoneocean at 12:59AM, Feb. 12, 2009
(online)
So Starbuck is a woman now? I hope the currant Adama is as good as Lorn Green. He was cool. :)
I bet the Cylons aren't nearly as good as the lovely shiny beasts they used to be…

Ah… Fond memories of watching that show as a little fella ^_^

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
lastcall at 2:25AM, Feb. 12, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
So Starbuck is a woman now? I hope the currant Adama is as good as Lorn Green. He was cool. :)
I bet the Cylons aren't nearly as good as the lovely shiny beasts they used to be…

Yep, Starbuck is a woman now. …And the funny thing is, Richard Hatch (Capt. Apollo from the old series) is playing a role in the new series.
Product Placement at 12:18PM, Feb. 12, 2009
(online)
lastcall
Yep, Starbuck is a woman now. …And the funny thing is, Richard Hatch (Capt. Apollo from the old series) is playing a role in the new series.

Yeah but he's playing a dousebag now. although he get's what's coming to him.

Isn't it funny this strong urge of ours to post spoilers an blacking them out in this topic. I haven't seen so many black boxes in a single topic for a long time.

Also.. that last episode was awesome.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
lastcall at 2:17PM, Feb. 12, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
I haven't seen so many black boxes in a single topic for a long time.

I take it you haven't read the forum threads regarding LOST seasons 4 & 5…..spoilers a-plenty there. ;)
Hakoshen at 11:42AM, Feb. 13, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean

Oh, those models are still around, and they still see plenty of action. I mean, even cylons have to have their bullet catchers. And as for the new Adama, well I don't think anyone dead or a live could do it better.

Olmos does a good job playing beat up, tired old man who's still scary as hell and just as deadly.

Plus, tonight…

HELEN WAKES UP! Ho-ly frak!

You know, I'm surprised we have all these battlestar fans and no one has ever called me on saying frak in the forums. I mean, I say it all the time.
-Harkovast
lastcall at 2:14PM, Feb. 14, 2009
(offline)
OK, so in this most recent episode, we get a lot of info. Helen mentions something about “Seven,” or Daniel, and how she misses his artistic & sensitive personality. Sam mentions there are eight models (instead of the known seven) and Starbuck wants to believe it's her, just so she can be something.

I kind of think she may be onto something. …Maybe Starbuck is “Seven”…? I mean, she's artistic, too…
Hakoshen at 3:40PM, Feb. 14, 2009
(offline)
That would explain the painting in her apartment.
-Harkovast
lastcall at 4:22PM, Feb. 14, 2009
(offline)
Hakoshen
That would explain the painting in her apartment.

Yeah I was thinking that, too. :)
Product Placement at 5:23PM, Feb. 14, 2009
(online)
Personally, I was slightly disappointed in the last episode because….

…frankly, saying all of a sudden, “oh by the way there were 8 models, not 7” felt like a cheap way to add another mystery into the show.

We did learn allot though. The final five are technically the original five since they created the other models. Now they said that the seventh model (Daniel) was destroyed because first (John) corrupted his genetic pool in a feat of jealousy. John also seems to be responsible for wiping out the memory of his creators which explains that. It's become apparent that John is the primary antagonist since he was the mastermind behind the Cylons invading humanity. He is the one who wanted revenge. Frankly I find his thirst for “justice” to be a little ridiculous and over the top since he never experience any mistreatment himself(imagine if Obama suddenly issued an order of genocide on all white men). After all, the human form Cylons were never created until after the Cylons became free. Then again it seems fitting because he is a very irrational being. He's spiteful and angry for being what he is. He finds his organic body to be limiting and he takes his anger out on his creators and those who he was created in the image off.

Now if that seventh model, that John destroyed, mysteriously became Starbucks without the rest of them knowing about it then that would explain her ability to somehow come back to live but in that case, where is she being reborn and why doesn't she remember about it? She's died at least twice, once in that gas giant and once when she crash landed on Earth and both times she came back with a brand new Viper bearing the same identification label as her old Viper and everything. Where did that come from?

Final comment on the show is about the state of Galactica. I love the fact that it's reached a point of no return without some serious overhaul and that they're now even afraid off jumping the old girl. What's also exiting is that they're going to introduce organic cylon components in order to repair it. They mentioned that this would make the structural integrity of the ship even stronger then it ever was before. Now that they have that and a new jump drive, I wonder if Galactica will receive any additional upgrades before any potential final fight. *Glee* ^^

Sorry for the long windiness. I thought it was a really interesting episode.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Hakoshen at 9:17PM, Feb. 14, 2009
(offline)
Well, I don't remember where I saw it, but

some webforum somewhere stated that no number 7 had been identified yet. They went on to say some crap about the 12 point zodiac and the lost 13th symbol and some other hogwash, but they were stipulating that we'd eventually find another model, the 7s, and there'd be something special about them.

And a self healing, longer ranger range jump Galactica? The Galactica could already go toe to toe with multiple bay stars at once. Now I'm sure it could take the Pegasus head on and win.

Because you see, now that the Galactica has all this new power, it's going to need it for the final showdown with John and his crusade.
-Harkovast
lastcall at 5:15AM, Feb. 15, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
…frankly, saying all of a sudden, “oh by the way there were 8 models, not 7” felt like a cheap way to add another mystery into the show.

Yeah I felt that way too. …My husband thinks Sam is talking about Baltar. ;)
Product Placement at 1:57AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
:(

Only 4 more episodes.

Doesn't feel like it's about to end, not with all the current problems that still remain.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Hakoshen at 6:21PM, Feb. 28, 2009
(offline)
All things aside, last night's episode made me drop a deuce when The song she was trying to play came together and was revealed to be a piano rendition of All Along the Watchtower, and the pianist turned out to be her dead father who more than likely #7, making Starbuck half-cylon and thus explaining how why she was drawing the supernova, how she resurrected, and is it me or is Boomer a real bitch now?

After all that crap about Sharon being all kind and forgiving and then ending up a vindictive you-know-what, it was good to see some good old mind-fraks again.
-Harkovast
Product Placement at 11:06AM, March 1, 2009
(online)
I came to the same conclusion that Starbucks is Daniels (#7) child. That doesn't really explain her mysterious resurrections. If she´s half cylon than she's just as mortal as the rest of the humans. Only a full cylon models can resurrect (or at least back when they had the resurrection ship). My current theory is that a single Daniel model somehow survived and created a new model (starbucks) whom he raised as his own child. Daniel might still be around somewhere with the old resurrection ship that the original 5 came on from earth (that would explain how starbucks keeps coming back).
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
lastcall at 3:25PM, March 1, 2009
(offline)
Crap, I accidentally rolled over you & Hako's spoilers….I watch BSG on Hulu and they're a week behind, so I haven't seen that episode yet….frak.

Someone
Doesn't feel like it's about to end, not with all the current problems that still remain.
Yeah I feel that way too. I don't see how they're going to be able to cram an ending out of a few more episodes. …Maybe they will have a BSG feature film after this… ;)
Hakoshen at 8:19PM, March 1, 2009
(offline)
Well, you know they're making a show called “Caprica”.

I doubt it's going to be as good as BSG, but who knows.
-Harkovast
Product Placement at 4:24AM, March 2, 2009
(online)
lastcall
Crap, I accidentally rolled over you & Hako's spoilers….I watch BSG on Hulu and they're a week behind, so I haven't seen that episode yet….frak.

:( Sorry. :(

Caprica is going to be a prequel series. It's supposed to happen before the first cylon war, I think.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
lastcall at 7:07AM, March 2, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
:( Sorry. :(

Aw don't worry about it; I would have found out eventually :)

Product Placement
Caprica is going to be a prequel series. It's supposed to happen before the first cylon war, I think.

Yeah I'm looking forward to that. I'm hoping it will be as good as BSG. Spinoffs tend to be crappier…
Product Placement at 5:31PM, March 4, 2009
(online)
lastcall
Spinoffs tend to be crappier…

At first I would have disagreed and used Stargate Atlantis as an example….. but then I realized that it only managed to squeeze out a couple of good seasons versus 7 awesome seasons of SG1 (I know they made 11 ( I'm counting out the first and the last 3)).

But then again, I'm one of those who claim that the next generation is better then the original series. I surely hope that I'm not inviting a shitstorm from hardcore trekkies by saying that.

I guess we'll see if they do a good job or not when the time comes. If they put the same dedication into the spinoff as they did with Battlestar, then we shouldn't need to worry that much.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved