Media Megaforum

Battlestar Galactica
Hakoshen at 8:44AM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
There hasn't been any fighting in the show for a while. I really liked the dogfighting sequences, especially where Galactica and Pegasus squared off and almost went to war (old, old news I know, but if someone's reading this and has never seen that I don't wanna ruin it) but I suppose the time for that is past.

Except for when the loyalist cylons show up. It should be a real big furball then.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Product Placement at 10:12AM, March 5, 2009
(online)
What I find interesting is that despite the repairs that they're making on Galactica (I know that the repairs are still ongoing) the ship is still in a heap of a mess. They're even afraid to Jump it while it's in this current state. They were scared shitless that Boomers jump was gonna tear the ship apart. Unless that changes fast (since there are only 3 episodes remaining), Galactica is not gonna hold it in any battle. It will be a suicide run. I'm starting to suspect that the end of the show will see Galacticas destruction.

I also mildly suspect that they're gonna end the show with us hanging. Now we have the problem of John having the Hybrid so naturally they're gonna mount a rescue mission that's a bare minimum one episode and John is gonna follow them and have a showdown against Galactica and the Rebel Base star. That's another episode which will undoubtedly end with a “to be continued”. Then we have only one more episode that starts with an unresolved conflict. How will they find a new home in that time span? There will be only 20 episodes right?

*Does some research*…. ah…. there are 21 episodes to be aired. The last three are “to be continued” trilogy. Still…. that's allot of event's and issues that need to be resolved that are to be squeezed into a short time frame.
However… The end of season 8 of stargate SG1 resolved all of their problems (replicators, Goa'uld, Anubis) in a span of 3 episodes so it will be interesting to watch.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Product Placement at 3:26PM, March 14, 2009
(online)
Ok. Now I know that they're gonna leave us hanging.

The last episodes seem to be focusing on rescuing Hera the half cylon hybrid baby. They don't have time for a closure where they find a planet to colonize.

I'LL WARN YOU THAT MY FOLLOWING HYPOTHESIS IS A MAYOR SPOILER IF TRUE!

The best possible result is that they destroy the cylon colony and thus get rid of all the cylons that want to kill the humans. Maybe they'll ram Galactica into it, turning the old ship into a some sort of super missile. The resulting impact will not only greatly damage the behemoth space station but it will probably knock it out of the orbit around the black hole that it's stationed near and cause it to fall into it. With that major threat out of the way they can focus on finding a new home for the survivors and they'll end the story there.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Hakoshen at 4:58AM, March 20, 2009
(offline)
One word.

TONIGHT!
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Product Placement at 1:30AM, March 21, 2009
(online)
FRAK! It's a double feature. I'm gonna enjoy this one… but it also means that it's the last one. :(
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Product Placement at 2:04PM, March 21, 2009
(online)
No more episodes.

As fun as the last episode was, it still didn't explain what the hell Starbuck was.

It was interesting how they tied our world with theirs in the end and left us with a foreboding message that the robots that we're building today might turn on us one day. That cylon half breed is apparently our common ancestor meaning that we're all part machine. Might give us an edge in robotic relations in the future right?

Ugh.. another thing that's annoying me. What the hell was up with that Baltar and Caprica 6 spirits.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ozoneocean at 1:39AM, March 22, 2009
(online)
But you know…

I haven't seen the modern series, but I didn't want to miss out on all these spoiler tags.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
lastcall at 5:26PM, March 22, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
As fun as the last episode was, it still didn't explain what the hell Starbuck was.

It was interesting how they tied our world with theirs in the end and left us with a foreboding message that the robots that we're building today might turn on us one day. That cylon half breed is apparently our common ancestor meaning that we're all part machine. Might give us an edge in robotic relations in the future right?

Ugh.. another thing that's annoying me. What the hell was up with that Baltar and Caprica 6 spirits.

Yeah this pretty much sums up the series finale for me, too. A few questions were unanswered–which I think they did on purpose, so the viewer could develop their own theories. Or maybe they were just lazy and didn't feel like answering those questions…. ;)

That, and poor Jimi Hendrix is probably rolling in his grave right now. By the way, anyone who likes the BSG version of “All Along the Watchtower” can get the MP3 here

Well now I'm looking forward to the upcoming Caprica series. If it's anything like BSG was, it'll be great.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
Product Placement at 11:18AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
Thanks for that promo. It was… interesting.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
DAJB at 12:30AM, March 25, 2009
(online)
So, like the dear old battleship itself, BSG has finally limped to an end of sorts. And not an especially satisfying an end, I thought.

One hour of frantic, classic space-opera action followed by one hour of drearily slow epilogue which really could and should have been handled in 15 minutes. 20 tops.
The big ending (“Oooh, look - they're our ancestors!” ) surely can't have been a surprise to anyone but, as predictable as it was, I didn't mind that. What really irked me was the pseudo-religious twaddle they wrapped it all up in. Starbuck was an angel?! What were they smoking when they came up with that one?!
Considering how consistently excellent the writing has been on this series, I couldn't help thinking the writers let themsemselves down on this one. Shame. It deserved so much more.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
Hakoshen at 5:39PM, March 26, 2009
(offline)
I'd say I'm satisfied with the ending. I loved the Hendrix plug in contrast to Bear McRary's version of All Along the Watchtower.

Still,

I'd have rather they had an ending where they come upon a modern day earth and not a prehistoric one, though my buddy and I totally called that.

I think Starbuck was a ghost of sorts, not really an angel like the two that Baltar and Six saw.

BUT OMG When Tyril choked out the Indian chick I jumped off the couch and was like “FRAK YEAH!”

-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Product Placement at 10:39PM, March 26, 2009
(online)
I wonder where Tyril ended up.

He said he was going to an island that's off one of the Northern continents, had highlands, was cold and had no people at the time. Scotland? Ireland?

Oh and I found Starbuck disappearing at the end to be idiotic. She was a ghost, yet could interact with everyone and everything on the ship? It also doesn't explain her relation with Daniel (model nr.7)
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
lastcall at 7:55PM, March 27, 2009
(offline)
They just announced a TV movie (similar to Razor) on Sci-Fi called “The Plan.” It's coming this Fall. Apparently it's going to be about how the cylons started the war; kind of like a prequel.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved