Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Beam Us Up Scotty!
SpANG at 12:21PM, Oct. 8, 2006
(online)
Volte6
SpANG
Would souls get lost? How do you teleport memories or knowledge, even if you could transport the matter?
Well I tihnk it's obvious that our ‘apparent’ soul is always moving along with the matter… are you soul-less when you go to the grocery store or park? Just because matter is moving from A to B in any scenario doesn't mean your ‘soul’ (However you define that) gets left behind ;)

Ah, but isn't that based on the theory that you would still be alive during teleportation?

Souls (if you believe in them) separate from the body at the point of death. But during this hypothetical teleportation, wouldn't you cease to exist, if only for a second or two?

Memories and knowledge MAY be more believeable, but there has really been no study (at least none that I've heard of) to prove that memories or knowledge are a physical attribute to the body. I'm thinking it would be a clean slate, and you'd end up with nothing except your natural instincts.

subcultured
teleporting souls, now that's an idea for a comic
Here's a better idea. My theory about soul, memories and lifetime knowledge (essence) separating from the body at the point of teleporatation, the wranglers that sell them back to the “owners”, and the “essence pochers” that capture them and sell them to the highest bidder.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:52PM
BigFishComic at 12:47PM, Oct. 8, 2006
(offline)
Time Travel would be much cooler.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:22AM
Rich at 1:26PM, Oct. 8, 2006
(online)
BigFishComic
Time Travel would be much cooler.

If you know anything about time travel, you'd know how ludicrous the idea really is. Yes, it IS theoretically possible, but the technological level required to build a time machine will NEVER be reached by humanity. We will destroy ourselves long before we can make something such as that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:06PM
kingofsnake at 2:06PM, Oct. 8, 2006
(online)
You seem pretty sure of that Rich.

Almost as if you've… seen the future…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
Rich at 3:33PM, Oct. 8, 2006
(online)
I study technological stuff like that in my spare time. It always fascinated me reading about all those scientific theories and potential future technology.

But then again, I AM a sci-fi writer. I need to know that stuff.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:06PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon