Help, Support and Suggestions

Become a mod/admin?
therealtj at 9:01AM, June 6, 2007
(online)
I was just wondering, how do you become a Mod/Admin? Is it a job that you have to go t an office nd apply for? Do you just have to be a trustable member for a long time? Just wondering.

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
ozoneocean at 11:46AM, June 6, 2007
(online)
We have to pay money. We only do it as a boost to our egos… :(

Naw… It's just bout hanging around for AGES, being helpful, being NICE, being sane, being friendly, and being around.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
skoolmunkee at 12:38PM, June 6, 2007
(online)
We don't really accept applications either, although we know people are well intentioned when they ask :) It's usually more of a case where we realize we need a new mod or admin and discuss amongst ourselves about the people we know of already who we think would be good for the specific forum, etc. Usually people who would be good moderators and admins become pretty obvious to us over the time they've spent on DD and the things they've done. :)
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:40PM
Cthulhu at 7:47PM, June 7, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
It's just bout hanging around for AGES*, being helpful**, being NICE***, being sane****, being friendly*****, and being around******.

*I've been around for more then a year.
** Sometimes, when I'm in the mood.
***Mostly not.
****Oh dear Gods, no.
*****Mostly not.
******I'm around a lot.

Two out of six.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:56AM
Terminal at 12:08AM, June 10, 2007
(online)
skoolmunkee
We don't really accept applications either, although we know people are well intentioned when they ask :) It's usually more of a case where we realize we need a new mod or admin and discuss amongst ourselves about the people we know of already who we think would be good for the specific forum, etc. Usually people who would be good moderators and admins become pretty obvious to us over the time they've spent on DD and the things they've done. :)

…psh, or you could do what I did and write a bunch of useless guides. :O
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:11PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved