Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Beer...?
lothar at 8:07AM, April 11, 2011
(offline)
ozoneocean
I'm also at a loss with things like Whisky, scotch, cointreau, brandy etc. -The flavour in those is pretty much akin to going to see a heavy metal band live and standing right in front of the speakers- no sound, just a screaming decibel drill paired with a body-reverberating rhythmic thud. Perhaps that's the reason they're usually paired with cigars?

one of my favorite drinks is whiskey and water , but i also like cigars and putting my head in the amplifier and standing very close to speeding freight trains .
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
Ally Haert at 8:22PM, April 18, 2011
(online)
I'm desperately ignorant about beer in general.

The first time I went out with my cousin (who works at a family owned brewery) she ordered me a glass and declared, “This is an excellent wheat beer! If you don't like this, you're nuts!” After one uninspiring swill, I declared it tasted like tortilla-chip flavored soda that had turned. I guess I'm nuts.

In my opinion it's safe to assume beer gained it's original popularity from availabilty and cost efficiency, because I certainly can't be convinced they made it for the taste. Point in fact - people just want to get drunk for cheap.

When I worked as a guard in a prison, we found a batch of hooch made from raisins, lime juice (and a few things we couldn't identify) after an entire bunkhouse got drunk and rowdy one night. They made the batch in a toilet.

I couldn't help but think at the time that it probably tasted better than Miller regardless.
“No one can go back to start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending,” Maria Ross.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon