Media Megaforum

Borat!
ConroyConroy at 4:25PM, Nov. 14, 2006
(online)
The movie was excellent. But I have to admit I thought his show was funnier. I liked to see the different reactions to the three different characters.

I laughed so hard during this movie, I'm glad I saw it considering all of the junk the entertainment industry makes now.
I sat for a little while after and absorbed the movie, and then left feeling more and more affraid. That movie is scary! It was frightening to see how some of the people really were. I realize that that most(if not all) of those people knew they were being filmed, so there's a portion of reality that is lost. But my god! Those three frat guys from South Carolina! “The minorities and women have the power! Fuck her and don't call her” Funny… but holy hell, they really think that!
And those southerners that lived on Secession Dr. !!!

I had actually typed more on this but I realized I'd be ruining the whole movie for those of you who haven't seen it.

The Kazak song was comedy gold though.

Go see this movie…everyone.
num num
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM
Mimarin at 6:38PM, Nov. 18, 2006
(offline)
Rich
Kickass news people! Sacha Baron Cohen's other character, Bruno, is supposed to be getting a movie too!

After that, I'd like to see them use computer imagery and shit to make a movie with him playing all three of his characters in one film. Sure, it'd have to be scripted, but it would still fucking rule.

That's fucking hardcore kickass, Bruno is awsome, he messes with people as well as borat, but in a completley different way! Fantastic.

However I have no idea if a scripted Ali G, Borat and Bruno movie would actually be funny, the charm of sasha baron cohen's characters is that they mess with actual people, normally americans, normally ones who are said to be intellegent.
Of course you will. All intelligent beings dream. Nobody knows why.

Also, tell random people they are awsome! it helps!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
Glarg at 4:45PM, Nov. 19, 2006
(offline)
kyupol
I couldnt stop laughing when I watched that movie. I think I was the one who laughed the loudest in the movie theater. :)

I think he dissed everything in the movie. Here's a list of things I think he dissed:
- kazakhistan and uzbekistan (assholes!!!)
- america (everyone seemed so rude especially in the subway…)
- feminists
- blacks
- jews
- christians
- gypsies

- and chickens.
*Sigh* unfortunitly we wetbacks are left out -_-
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:36PM
BigFishComic at 5:16PM, Nov. 19, 2006
(offline)
(sigh)…as are the chinks. (OMG WHY ARE WE USING RACIAL SLURS?!)

er, well, really, it didn't matter, movie was still good. Traumatizing, but good.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:22AM
Knuckles at 11:10AM, Nov. 20, 2006
(offline)
okay, I saw the movie this Saturday o.o
I don't see how this was the funniest movie ever. I mean there were parts that made me smile, but overall, I've seen better.

Then again, I tend to think differently from the masses.

Do people just enjoy seeing guys' balls in people's faces? I guess I'm just not one with a sense of humor.

I guess it's pretty much similar as to why I don't understand everyone thought Matrix or American Pie was the greatest thing since sliced bread. *shrug*

Myth Xaran (manga) - http://www.drunkduck.com/Myth_Xaran
Exodus Studios (Games & More) - http://www.exodus-studio.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
SpANG at 9:07PM, Nov. 20, 2006
(online)
Knuckles
I don't see how this was the funniest movie ever. I mean there were parts that made me smile, but overall, I've seen better.

Such as?
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:52PM
Knuckles at 5:42AM, Nov. 21, 2006
(offline)
SpANG
Knuckles

Such as?

Like when he was trying to get a room at the hotel in Atlanta and walked in the posh hotel with his pants hanging down looking ‘gangsta.’

And when he was trying to learn table manners at the lady's house.

As for me ‘seeing better,’ those would be movies that the masses either never heard of, or wouldn't think were funny or good movies (or a combination of them). But as it is I don't have much of a sense of humor.

Myth Xaran (manga) - http://www.drunkduck.com/Myth_Xaran
Exodus Studios (Games & More) - http://www.exodus-studio.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
ccs1989 at 9:21AM, Nov. 25, 2006
(online)
I kinda agree with Knuckles on this. I saw the movie yesterday with a friend, and, while it was definitely funny in some parts, I don't see how it can be compared to movies like Clerks II (which was just amazing in it's hilarity).

Borat's a character, but he isn't the funniest thing ever.

In related news, I will now be scarred for the rest of my life because of that hotel room scene.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved