MAFIA... and other forum games

Brain Teaser game
Ian Jay at 8:29PM, July 5, 2006
(offline)
Barguest
You put the butter rum lifesavers in the middle of the room and wait, you hear a rumbling. There, bursting up from the middle of the floor is a great mole-man-mutant, knowing that their underground civilization depends on it's imports of butter-rum lifesavers, and knowing how their claws can pierce through almost anything up to titanium, you sucessfully lure the mole person into the room. You see that he collects the lifesavers dantily making sure each one is genuine. You grab the thumb-tack run to the center of the room, grab the mole and get him into a headlock, you take your thumtack and threaten to stab him in the nose if he doesn't do exactly as you say, and you throw in that if he does you'll let him keep the lifesaver. The mole-man agrees. He takes you up to the surface where you find yourself smack-dab in the middle of India, oh no! You keep walking through the steamy hot jungle and evetually find a village. Noone in the village speaks English and you see that they are simple people with little use for technology. You speak to the richest man in the village and see that he has the compass. You then challenge him to a game of cards to determine who wins. You end up winning the game and get the compass, but you give him the pack of cards to be a good sport. The man congratulates you and says in his own native tongue “May you be blessed by the Jelly of a thousand Buffalo” which somehow, accounting with the language and the dialect sounds like “I will slit your stomach across and rape your innards!” You run fast as you can with the compass and the map of india down the road, and find an abandoned car. You take the car and are cruising down through Bombay and after only 8 months of telemarketer slave labor you have enough to buy a plane ticket home.

Actually, you could just stop imagining you're trapped in that room. But you get an A for effort. Or… affort.

comicmasta
You build a cigar smoking robot, but it goes crazy, what do you do?

That's not a brainteaser. That… That doesn't even make much sense, really.

~IJ

NEXT BRAINTEASER: Get out your physics books, kids! You are sitting in the back of a taxi holding a string tied to a helium-filled mylar balloon that you are taking to a friend's birthday party. It's raining, so all of the windows in the car are closed. When you get in the car and get all situated, the balloon is floating in mid-air, motionless, in the middle of the car. Suddenly, the driver hits the gas pedal. Which direction does the balloon move? Does the balloon move at all?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
Mazoo at 8:42PM, July 5, 2006
(offline)
It would move to the back of the car, because the air inside the car is pushed back at the initial momentum of the car. After the air inside is up to speed with the car, the balloon stops moving.

Unless you're allergic to mylar and are unconscious by the time you get into the car, and thus would never know.

What is the one word in English that ends in “mt”?

Yeah… I'm not too good at thinking these up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM
Barguest at 10:57PM, July 5, 2006
(offline)
Ian Jay
NEXT BRAINTEASER: Get out your physics books, kids! You are sitting in the back of a taxi holding a string tied to a helium-filled mylar balloon that you are taking to a friend's birthday party. It's raining, so all of the windows in the car are closed. When you get in the car and get all situated, the balloon is floating in mid-air, motionless, in the middle of the car. Suddenly, the driver hits the gas pedal. Which direction does the balloon move? Does the balloon move at all?

Actually, the balloon moves to the front of the car because the air pushed to the back by momentum is heavier than the helium in the balloon.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:15AM
Comicmasta at 3:13PM, July 6, 2006
(offline)
35 White Horses Run on 2 Pink mountains, Each get bigger the farther you go, some may be yellow……what am i?
i have been brought back….The Boanitia..grrrrr…..Must find Super Jesus!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:43AM
Ian Jay at 9:20PM, July 6, 2006
(offline)
Barguest
Ian Jay

Actually, the balloon moves to the front of the car because the air pushed to the back by momentum is heavier than the helium in the balloon.

Correct! Because air is denser than helium, the air inside the car is rushes to the back of the car faster than the balloon when the gas pedal is pushed. You get a gold star.

~IJ

NEXT (somewhat similar to the last one) BRAINTEASER: At the very same birthday party that you were headed to earlier, you tie a sturdy piece of rope to the bottom pedal of a bicycle. (God knows why. It's kind of late.) You then position yourself directly behind the bike. There are training wheels on the bike (a prank accessory from the birthday girl's wise-ass brother), so the thing won't tip over. When you yank on the rope, which way will the bike move, if at all?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
Comicmasta at 5:19AM, July 7, 2006
(offline)
you dont move at all if the ropes stuck to the pedal

If Zigs are Zags and some Zongs are Zigs then all Zigs are definitely Zongs.
AQua_ng at 10:13AM, July 7, 2006
(offline)
WRONG! You said some zags. Or ziggys. Zoggers? Zongs, definitely zongs.

You're in a room, with no doors, windows or anything like that. Completely sealed off. The only thing in the room is you and a table. How do you get out?

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Comicmasta at 12:50PM, July 7, 2006
(offline)
Slam the table into the wall until it breaks, use the broken leg to dig a tunnel to get out, freedom.

Your surrounded by sharks, theres only one weapon with you and its a gun, but it only has one bullet in it. what do you do?
Radec at 12:15AM, July 9, 2006
(online)
I shoot a nearby jet-skier and steal his ride in order to save my own sorry hide.

You are locked in a room, and your best friend is locked in another. in both rooms, there are two levers on the walls, one black, one red. the door is locked tight, and there are no windows. you know that if you pull the black lever, you will die but your best friend will go free. If you pull the red lever, your best friend will die but you go free. If both of you pull the same lever, be it black or red, both of you die. you have to way to communicate with your friend, or see what they do.
how can you escape with both you and your friend's lives?
(please don't just BS your way out of this. The answer is pretty obvious, if you think along the right lines.)
(edit) The vent thing is one answer, but not the one I am looking for. lets see if anyone can get it.
(edit once more ) Bah fine. i was looking for someone to say something about a key. don't ask why, I'm just picky like that.
<= dead and buried.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:58PM
Comicmasta at 1:40PM, July 9, 2006
(offline)
dont pull any of the levers, god just escape through the vent (you never said there wasnt a vent ) )

I have no legs but i can run, i have a bed but do not sleep, what am i?
Comicmasta at 5:08AM, July 10, 2006
(offline)
just one

Sally has three apples, but you take 2 away, how many apples do you have?
Comicmasta at 6:47AM, July 10, 2006
(offline)
Santa Claus is the Anti-Christ and Dogs are Jesus
The mediocre one at 3:41PM, Sept. 21, 2006
(offline)
Radec
I shoot a nearby jet-skier and steal his ride in order to save my own sorry hide.

You are locked in a room, and your best friend is locked in another. in both rooms, there are two levers on the walls, one black, one red. the door is locked tight, and there are no windows. you know that if you pull the black lever, you will die but your best friend will go free. If you pull the red lever, your best friend will die but you go free. If both of you pull the same lever, be it black or red, both of you die. you have to way to communicate with your friend, or see what they do.
how can you escape with both you and your friend's lives?
(please don't just BS your way out of this. The answer is pretty obvious, if you think along the right lines.)
(edit) The vent thing is one answer, but not the one I am looking for. lets see if anyone can get it.
(edit once more ) Bah fine. i was looking for someone to say something about a key. don't ask why, I'm just picky like that.

Well I think if you each pull a different lever you can both get out. O.o
Paper Mache Cataclysm
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:15PM
The mediocre one at 3:42PM, Sept. 21, 2006
(offline)
there are five levers, you have to get them all to green or a massive ten-ton weight will fall right on top of you.
if you switch on, the two around it will change, too.
they are currently set like this

if all the top are X then you die. end of story.
Paper Mache Cataclysm
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:15PM
Nintendude at 9:52PM, Nov. 11, 2006
(online)
STUMPED FROM THE LAST QUESTION…. PLEASE WAIT FOR BRAIN TO GROW NORMAL SIZE….
I got one.

how many sides do a circle have?
AWESOME MAN! Here to make the day more AWESOME…..MAN!
Dun dun dun awesomeman AWESOME MANNN!
*repeats until your head explodes*
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:17PM
AQua_ng at 1:09AM, Nov. 12, 2006
(offline)
Infinite.

How many times will I have to say ‘LOCKED’.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:55AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon