Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Breakup Therapy
kyupol at 3:56PM, Aug. 21, 2008
(online)
VegaX
Croi Dhubh
There's nothing macho about it. It's just life and the way things are.

Change “fry” to a “glass of milk” if you prefer if it helps you understand.
Whatever floats your boat man, but i can't help but feel if you can just drop it that easily it wasn't much to begin with? If you don't feel sad and miss someone you loved to hang around with and talk to it's pretty odd. Unless your actually a robot or Mr Spock. :)

Perhaps one day you'll meet that special someone that makes you a little bit more human. Someone that makes you go all depressed when you break up. Something to look forward to eh? ;)

I don't really think its his fault for being a “robot”. He is one of many countless victims.

You see, thats the kind of PROGRAMMING (aka brainwashing) that is being given to society. To be robotic and superficial.

You are not encouraged to be a deep thinker. It is uncool if you are into reading stuff and actually trying to increase your I.Q. You SHOULD ONLY KNOW HOW TO TALK ABOUT NONSENSE CRAP AND NOT TOTALLY CARE ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT, OR POLITICS, OR YOUR NEIGHBOR OR ANYTHING ELSE!!! Just sit there and be totally mesmerized by that box in the living room. Let that thing do the thinking for you. Thinking is too troublesome and takes too much effort. Just escape reality. Its all gonna be fine. There's nothing to worry about. Just be confined in your little box. Don't care about anything. Yeah! If you don't give a fuck you're “cool”.

You are not encouraged to get married and settle down and LOVE. You are encouraged to be gangstas and hoes in this society and HATE. That it is frustrating and saddening.

The breakup of the family is part of the agenda.

Notice how it is encouraged to rebel against your parents but embrace Big Brother at the same time?

Notice how woman is encouraged to be a total bitch in a relationship? So that man would say “I had enough! I had it with women! Women suck!!! They're all manipulative whores!!!” Then the disheartened men would create a subculture of their own that consists of players and simply men who just had it with women. Then it re-feeds the cycle as those players go out to break more hearts and turn women into coldhearted bitches who say “I had enough! I had it with men! Men suck!!! Why are all the good men gay or just taken?!? Men are evil!!!”

Its a self-sustaining cycle. Designed to break up the traditional family.

AND IT IS THE WORK OF PURE SATANIC EVIL FROM THE BOTTOM PITS OF HELL!!!

Omg… sorry for the rant, guys. Threads like this kind of frustrate me as it reminds me of the reality we face. :(

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
HippieVan at 4:29PM, Aug. 21, 2008
(online)
Sometimes kyupol is too strange for me to actually believe he's real.
You needs to calm down. Some things are just things, not giant conspiracies.

kyupol
Notice how it is encouraged to rebel against your parents but embrace Big Brother at the same time?

First of all, it is mostly teenagers who rebel against their parents, and no one encourages them except each other.
Second, Big Brother is fictional. I'm assuming you mean it to be a metaphor, but I'm not exactly who or what, in this case, your are referring to as Big Brother. Do you mean the government? Because the same kids who rebel against their parents certainly do not embrace the government.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
kyupol at 5:55PM, Aug. 21, 2008
(online)
Hippie Van
Sometimes kyupol is too strange for me to actually believe he's real.
You needs to calm down. Some things are just things, not giant conspiracies.

kyupol

First of all, it is mostly teenagers who rebel against their parents, and no one encourages them except each other.
Second, Big Brother is fictional. I'm assuming you mean it to be a metaphor, but I'm not exactly who or what, in this case, your are referring to as Big Brother. Do you mean the government? Because the same kids who rebel against their parents certainly do not embrace the government.

I understand.

Sometimes fact is stranger than fiction. I shouldnt have taken that red pill. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
bravo1102 at 12:13PM, Aug. 22, 2008
(offline)
Someone
“Thinking, bad habit and hard to break. Try long walks and cold showers.”

Just being able to walk away from a relationship and not feeling and saying “Fuck it, drive on” is often refered to as compartmentalization. You put your hurt into a little box, lock it up, throw it away and move on.

People who can do that often can have all those little boxes show up at once, pop open and that can really ruin their day/week/month/life.

In the end it's your choice and every person is different. I hurt and wait for my heart to grow back, others lock their hurt away and shrug. Some people never forget and get obsessed.

Someone
“If you love something let it go if it doesn't come back, it was never yours to begin with. ”

Though there have been times …
Someone
hunt it down and kill it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
ifelldownthestairs at 12:34AM, Aug. 23, 2008
(online)
i drink a lot and don't eat, until my health starts to get noticeably bad and i have to stop drinking and start eating again, and i'm basically worse off than when i started, haha…

i'm still in it. partly because SHE WON'T STOP CALLING ME. and i'm just not strong enough to tell her to fuck off yet. honestly i think having a daily webcomic has helped a great deal to keep my sanity, because it's probably the one thing i've tried to keep up on. i'm sure this attitude will spread to other things eventually, and i already see things getting sliiiightly better here and there, but shit's still pretty gay.
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
http://www.drunkduck.com/i_fell_down_the_stairs
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
bravo1102 at 10:56AM, Aug. 23, 2008
(offline)
Someone
but shit's still pretty gay.

gay(adjective): lively, bright; merry, showy.

Why are you complaining?

(tongue in cheek) ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
skoolmunkee at 1:54PM, Aug. 23, 2008
(offline)
ifelldownthestairs
i'm still in it. partly because SHE WON'T STOP CALLING ME. and i'm just not strong enough to tell her to fuck off yet.

It sounds like some part of you still thinks you're benefiting from having contact with her. It's pretty easy to get rid of a person you really want fuck-all to do with.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Mr Chappers at 1:17AM, Aug. 25, 2008
(online)
i always find myself just really getting into a videogame or playing music, generally stuff to take my mind off of it all. Working alot helps to.
I've never found going out that night or the night after to ‘get back on the horse’ helps that much, infact i found it made it worse.

Read the Author, its good i promise.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
SeriousQuiche at 6:03AM, Aug. 25, 2008
(offline)
Mr Chappers
i always find myself just really getting into a videogame or playing music, generally stuff to take my mind off of it all. Working alot helps to.
I've never found going out that night or the night after to ‘get back on the horse’ helps that much, infact i found it made it worse.

I agree with that completely. I tried that and it sucked…so I went to my grandparents and made cookies…also good therapy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
worstcase at 7:45PM, Aug. 25, 2008
(online)
SeriousQuiche
I agree with that completely. I tried that and it sucked…so I went to my grandparents and made cookies…also good therapy.

I think gramps is still pissed at you for that. You made like 134912351235 billion batches. They were yummy though. Maybe you should be in sucky relationships more often

HA! Joke! Don't murder me! *flees*
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
lba at 7:56PM, Aug. 25, 2008
(online)
Well, that's a good way to start therapy and potentially a new relationship. Mmmn cookies. :kitty:

At least, if other guys are as easily baited as I am…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
ifelldownthestairs at 11:50AM, Aug. 26, 2008
(online)
heheheh a relationship founded upon cookies.

like instead of a trail of roses leading to a rose-petal covered bed, cookies!
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
http://www.drunkduck.com/i_fell_down_the_stairs
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
BetaJess at 2:26PM, Aug. 26, 2008
(offline)
Therapy.

I'm not going to go off on how I “react” to a break up emotionally and such, but I'll say what I do that helps me get back to a normal level of confidence and to a decent acceptance of singleness.

I dye my hair. Orange? Red? Pink? Brown? I'm normally a light brown/blond chic, so the change is kinda fun. The guy liked a blond and I'll just be something different. Spite? Eh… I think I just feel happier looking different than how he knew me.

Party. Being around other people a lot really helps me not feel alone. Parties are more fun that just social groups because parties have such a happy atmosphere and there's a better potential for avoiding thinking or whining about how sad I might be.

Sleep with someone else. Spite. Sucker.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
Ozoneocean at 8:43PM, Aug. 26, 2008
(online)
ifelldownthestairs
heheheh a relationship founded upon cookies.

like instead of a trail of roses leading to a rose-petal covered bed, cookies
A very, very, very bad idea…

Just think, who will that attract? Compulsive eaters, dogs and children. Ewwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

Stick to the roses ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
SeriousQuiche at 5:20AM, Aug. 27, 2008
(offline)
lba
Well, that's a good way to start therapy and potentially a new relationship. Mmmn cookies. :kitty:

At least, if other guys are as easily baited as I am…

My mother said if I made real food like pasta or even sandwiches, my male friends would love me more….she said cookies don't mean as much to them as things they can make a meal out of.

lba at 12:59PM, Aug. 27, 2008
(online)
SeriousQuiche
My mother said if I made real food like pasta or even sandwiches, my male friends would love me more….she said cookies don't mean as much to them as things they can make a meal out of.

That just sounds like a good way to get every guy in the neighborhood to crowd around your house like lions at the zoo feeding time.

I myself would be absolutely ecstatic to be given any food by a girl. But then, cookies are my favorite treat and after learning I tend to make more biological weapons with a stove than actual food, I'm not picky if a girl is offering. Every guy has one food that is more appealing to him than anything else on earth.

Nothing says, “I like you” quite like handing a guy a plate of his favorite food. It's possibly one of the only cues we truly understand. We're dumb like that.

edit: Since I'm kind of playing a slightly less active role around the forums, you can catch me on AIM at mouichidou. I'm trying to avoid derailing everyone's threads here with the few posts I am making right now.
skoolmunkee at 1:39PM, Aug. 27, 2008
(offline)
lba
I myself would be absolutely ecstatic to be given any food by a girl.

Say, I've got some extra chowder in the fridge. Made it myself :)

Chowdaaaah
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
dueeast at 2:01PM, Aug. 27, 2008
(offline)
I've been married for 13 years and before that was engaged for 2.5 years to the woman who did become my wife. But prior to that, I went through the cycle of short romances with painful breakups.

As a general rule, someone told me once that it takes about half the time you were in the relationship to get over the relationship. And generally-speaking, they were right. At least, that was my experience.

The breakup of my first love especially devastated me and I decided to deal with it by going into therapy. That actually was not a bad decision for me. It's probably not an answer for everybody, and it depends on how complex the issues of the relationship are (I won't bother you with details of a 19-year old dating relationship that lasted six months). For other relationships, it just took time, allowing myself to “grieve” that relationship, and eventually move on. I wrote music, threw myself into comics and generally tried to keep myself busy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
WingNut at 2:08PM, Aug. 27, 2008
(offline)
I work out. I play video games, I cook, and I become incredibly active. I do anything I can to make sure that at the end of the day when I go to bed, I'm asleep before I even hit the pillow. If I'm not, then I just sit there brooding, and it's bad times.

Another good trick is to surround yourself with the people who you know who like you for you. You don't need them there to be like, “Oh, she was wrong,” or “Oh, you'll find another.” because we all know that deep down inside. All you need is the company, even if it's watching the worlds worst movies.

Also for the cooking thing? Yeah, totally the way to a dudes heart. Even the slightest tasty tidbit, something that says ‘thinking of you’ is a surefire winner.

Also, pie after midnight is the single greatest thing ever.

-W
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
amanda at 3:13PM, Aug. 27, 2008
(online)
wingnut
Also, pie after midnight is the single greatest thing ever.
This is probably because I just watched “Mamma Mia,” but…

Gimme gimme gimme a pie after midnight…
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:51AM
SeriousQuiche at 8:00PM, Aug. 27, 2008
(offline)
lba
SeriousQuiche

That just sounds like a good way to get every guy in the neighborhood to crowd around your house like lions at the zoo feeding time.

I myself would be absolutely ecstatic to be given any food by a girl. But then, cookies are my favorite treat and after learning I tend to make more biological weapons with a stove than actual food, I'm not picky if a girl is offering. Every guy has one food that is more appealing to him than anything else on earth.

Nothing says, “I like you” quite like handing a guy a plate of his favorite food. It's possibly one of the only cues we truly understand. We're dumb like that.

edit: Since I'm kind of playing a slightly less active role around the forums, you can catch me on AIM at mouichidou. I'm trying to avoid derailing everyone's threads here with the few posts I am making right now.

I must be ugly then…cause no one is getting the “I like you” cue from me with food… T-T…..sad face.
lba at 8:26PM, Aug. 27, 2008
(online)
SeriousQuiche
I must be ugly then…cause no one is getting the “I like you” cue from me with food… T-T…..sad face.

Or the guys in your area are exceedingly thick. Which I think is more likely the case. Remember, this is the male gender we're talking about here. A group who's stupidity is world-reknowned.

skoolmunkee
Say, I've got some extra chowder in the fridge. Made it myself

Chowdaaaah
I dare say, that sounds a bit like flirting from you skool.

But if it's warm, I'm there.
houseofmuses at 8:46PM, Aug. 27, 2008
(offline)
bravo1102
Someone
but shit's still pretty gay.

gay(adjective): lively, bright; merry, showy.

Why are you complaining?

(tongue in cheek) ;)

Oh, thank you. I try to ignore it, but I still get pissed when someone says “That's so gay” in negative terms. If I tried to get away with saying, “That's so Jewish” at something that irritated me at my job, I'd get fired. XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
houseofmuses at 8:54PM, Aug. 27, 2008
(offline)
But getting back on topic, you really do need to tell her, “Look, you need to quit calling me if you're going to keep treating me like this. I need to move on because I don't like the way things stand right now.” Then hang up.
People don't have the right to complain about the opposite sex if they're behaving like , treating their loved one like dirt and have no intention of changing. Love is supposed to be love, and if you're miserable, it's toxic.

Did that even make sense? :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
Ozoneocean at 9:04PM, Aug. 27, 2008
(online)
lba
skoolmunkee
Say, I've got some extra chowder in the fridge. Made it myself

Chowdaaaah
I dare say, that sounds a bit like flirting from you skool.

But if it's warm, I'm there.
Unless her fridge is broken… not happening lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
Pilgrim at 2:02AM, Aug. 28, 2008
(offline)
i dont know my grandma always told me “the best way to get over someone new” she also liked to add in her little granny voice “and if that doesn't work try another one”
Zombies Stole My Coffee
and now im really tired
http://www.drunkduck.com/Zombies_Stole_My_Coffee
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
Oblivion28 at 2:37AM, Aug. 28, 2008
(offline)
Meh, you guys do so much after breaking up, then again, my last girlfriend was a playgirl who hit on me, so I guess having no feelings for her didn't effected me when I suggested we break up, neither did it effected her >_> She's my first girlfriend but oh well, I am in a relationship now though. I say one should just move on.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
seedyk at 12:43PM, Sept. 2, 2008
(online)
Unfortunately for me, I actually dyed my hair for the girl I was into, so when she broke it off, I was stuck with long jet black hair. The worst part was, I realllly liked my hair that way.
So being stuck with a constant reminder of what I could have had, I just drank alot (even more than I was :)). SO I guess I didn't deal so well with that one.
Luckily I met my wife a few weeks later, so I didn't have to bother with the whole 18 month “WHY GOD WHY!” so many of you seemed to have went through.
So I guess my recommendation for therapy is keep telling yourself that she left you so your “One” can find you.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
Raccoo at 9:55PM, Sept. 2, 2008
(online)
I go to the park and throw water balloons at the couples I see there. JK
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
subcultured at 1:15PM, Sept. 3, 2008
(online)
SeriousQuiche

what is an “i like you” food? strawberry pie?
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:03PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon