Debate and Discussion

Bush Vs. Hitler: Relevent Comparison?
ccs1989 at 8:28AM, March 12, 2006
(online)
I think a more relevant comparison would be comparing Bush Jr. to Warren G. Harding. Both were president's of the united states, and both were greatly loved (at one point) for their folksy appeal. However they surrounded themselves with utterly incompetant crooks and Harding today is considered one of the worst presidents in American history. The major difference between Bush and Harding is that Bush's aides have gone beyond just profiting from the government. They're also bankrupting the United States through military action and breaching the privacy of the people. They've also put our reputation in the gutter in the eyes of the rest of the world. So in many ways Bush Jr. is worse. However is he Hitler bad? Although some of the ways in which he talks/lies to the people may be similar to Hitler, I don't believe he's pure evil in the same way that Hitler was.

I'd say that Bush Jr. definitly ranks near the bottom of the list of president's in America's history though.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
simonitro at 7:47PM, March 12, 2006
(online)
you know, fuck ‘em both…

who’s up for pizza? :P

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:37PM
breezy at 9:34AM, March 13, 2006
(offline)
all hitler and bush wanted to do was rock, so what does it matter.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
Berlin Poe at 4:42PM, May 31, 2006
(offline)
hpkomic
People who think Bush is “zomg wtf EVIL!!!” need to grow up, in my opinion.

He's defiantely one of the more dissapointing presidents we've had (perhaps history will say, the most) but for now, is he a Hitler?

Not at all.

Perfect quote, bro.

In referance to the Bleedman Comic post uproar I was one of the most. . . Uhm, vocal with my opinion, which agrees with this staement, therefore I don't need to do it again.

Heh. Zomg.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
Berlin Poe at 4:43PM, May 31, 2006
(offline)
ccs1989
I think a more relevant comparison would be comparing Bush Jr. to Warren G. Harding. Both were president's of the united states, and both were greatly loved (at one point) for their folksy appeal. However they surrounded themselves with utterly incompetant crooks and Harding today is considered one of the worst presidents in American history. The major difference between Bush and Harding is that Bush's aides have gone beyond just profiting from the government. They're also bankrupting the United States through military action and breaching the privacy of the people. They've also put our reputation in the gutter in the eyes of the rest of the world. So in many ways Bush Jr. is worse. However is he Hitler bad? Although some of the ways in which he talks/lies to the people may be similar to Hitler, I don't believe he's pure evil in the same way that Hitler was.

I'd say that Bush Jr. definitly ranks near the bottom of the list of president's in America's history though.

An even better quote, yo.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
evilplushie at 1:12PM, Sept. 5, 2006
(offline)
SpANG!
It's true. Hitler killed MILLIONS with a lie.

Bush has only killed TENS OF THOUSANDS with a lie (so far).

He really needs to play catchup if he wants to even be considered as evil as Hitler. :roll:
Aye. :?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
ccs1989 at 4:20PM, Sept. 18, 2006
(online)
Hm..I forgot that I even made that comparison. Got to keep remembering my AP US History info…

Anyway on this subject I recently watched the movie "Munich" based on what happened between Israel and an Islamic/Palastinian terrorist group. After they killed the members of the Israeli Olympic team, the Israeli government hired a group of guys to hunt down and kill the terrorists.

The movie presents this as a bad thing. Israel, a supposedly modern and civilized nation, resorted to assassination. A sort of "An Assassin to kill an Assassin" sort of deal. The movie gives us the message that this is wrong.

But consider what happened after 9/11. Terrorists killed 3000 people. Of course those individual terrorists are dead, but the orginization (Al Queda) remains. So what did the US do? Send out an elite force to kill Al Queda, therefore doing an act along the lines of what Israel did? No, we sent troops into Afganistan (a proper move, because Al Queda was there) but then also invaded IRAQ. We invaded 2 countries because of a terrorist act. I don't know about you, but I would perfer an elite team go after Osama then have the US openly invade two countries.

It's food for thought, considering how many civilians have been killed by our occupation of these areas of the Middle East.

Another thing I think people will find interesting is This.

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
The mediocre one at 5:46PM, Sept. 18, 2006
(offline)
I wasn't gonna post anything in here because I might suddenly become a firebrand because i tend to be a loudmouth, but not teh fucker's gone and thretened to bomb Iran and invade it.

Anyone else find this more tarded that Helen Keller?
Paper Mache Cataclysm
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:15PM
Kill frenzy at 8:04PM, Sept. 18, 2006
(offline)
Is joseph stalin invisible??

are you all so brain washed by fuckign biased media that you forgotten about 30 million people who died! and most of it was muslims who were beign ethnicly cleansed because of their religion and some cases of being of arabic or persian race

are the lives of jews worth more than muslims now?

dont bring this hitler was so bad shit around if your not even going to acknowledge the same thing happened in eastern europe by the soviet union and bush isnt a idiot because half of you couldnt do his job bush is a man with a goal and trying to please many of his owners such as big bussnesses and israel

your all worse than al-qaeda atleast they have the balls to do something about the genocide and mistreatment of their people-but many of you! who sit there in a middle class life style and can have the right to simply sit,watch and complain-you arent helping! your not doing the right thing!

if you want to help the middle east then go join the mujahadeen and do something
Hey shit happens!-and goat people cause it!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
Kill frenzy at 8:09PM, Sept. 18, 2006
(offline)
"equinox"
Lots of soldiers died all because one man wanted to rule the world.quote]

Hitler didnt want to rule the world he wanted what he saw as an aryan europe for aryans if you knew anything about nazi idealology you would be in a position to talk but your not so go read meinkampf and then hang out with some skinheads then you can come back and talk about hitler and the nazis
Hey shit happens!-and goat people cause it!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
nighthawk41 at 8:24PM, Sept. 18, 2006
(online)
Myxomatosis
Hitler was hell bend on killing the Jews, Bush just doesn`t know how to do his job (and people get killed). The comparison is way overblown.

Yeah.
Another way to put that-
Hitler= evil.
Bush= stupid.
The end.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/nighthawk41/BodomBeachTerrorsig.png Edited by Admin.
Please make your sig either 250 x 100 or 468 x 60 pixels. Thankyou.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
The mediocre one at 3:45AM, Sept. 20, 2006
(offline)
Awww I'm sorry (generic name) are we not comfining completely to your own little world, I'm so sorry, let me play this violin for you
Paper Mache Cataclysm
Comicmasta at 12:24PM, Sept. 20, 2006
(offline)
Yarg, just draw a Nazi mustache on Bush and see what the resemblence is.
i have been brought back….The Boanitia..grrrrr…..Must find Super Jesus!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:43AM
ccs1989 at 2:58PM, Sept. 20, 2006
(online)
dont bring this hitler was so bad shit around if your not even going to acknowledge the same thing happened in eastern europe by the soviet union and bush isnt a idiot because half of you couldnt do his job bush is a man with a goal and trying to please many of his owners such as big bussnesses and israel

Yeah, Bush IS trying to please big business'. Ones like Haliburton, which sold nuclear materials to Iran (this is documented!)

your all worse than al-qaeda atleast they have the balls to do something about the genocide and mistreatment of their people-but many of you! who sit there in a middle class life style and can have the right to simply sit,watch and complain-you arent helping! your not doing the right thing!

Al Qaeda is TERRORIST GROUP. It almost sounds like you're condoning their actions.

Anyway Mr. "Kill Frenzy" the next time you type out a response try to put periods where they should be and capitalize. Run on sentences dilude your point, if you had one.

The mediocre one at 3:40AM, Sept. 21, 2006
(offline)
I think he was trying to troll, but failed miserably.
For future reference, never troll a place where people are able to bitch slap you with logic ^_^
Paper Mache Cataclysm
Phantom Penguin at 6:45PM, Oct. 7, 2006
(offline)
Mazoo
I was recently on DA, and I found one of those comics by Bleedman, you know, those remake CN comics? Well, he had to make an alternate page of one of his comics, because one of the characters had a poster of Hitler and people were offended. As you can see, he replaced the picture with George W. Bush.

If you want to spend the time to read the endless comment list, you can, but an overview is that someone said Bush was much more evil than Hitler. It started an uproar.

It got me thinking and I think it makes a pretty good, albeit strange debate topic.

I personally think that it's a horrible comparison. Bush may not be the best president America has ever seen, but he is no where near as evil as Adolf Hitler.

What do you guys think?

Has me made bad choices in office? of course. Has he killed 6.5 million plus people in a mass genocide? No.

Has he started 2 wars? Yes

Has he started a world war that ended with countless millions dead and all of a contenent in ruins? No.

Hes not the best president in the world, but i dont think he has crossed into the “evil zone”
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
Phantom Penguin at 6:47PM, Oct. 7, 2006
(offline)
Kill frenzy
Stuff

It's OBVIOUS Al Quaida was in the right. ALL they did was KILL A COUPLE THOUSAND AMERICAN CIVILIANS over something the USSR and Stalin did to them. Yep, so fucking in the right there.

I can tell that you have fucked up man. Calling us as bad as Al Quaida is not a smart move. Prepare to be hit with endless amounts of hate and anger from everyone to the point the you will be reeling in E-pain.

Also, work on your grammar. Right now you sound stupid since you aren't using it.

.: equinox :.

Stalin died in the 50s. The Soviet's invaded Afganistan in the 80s.

how was stalin invovled?
Phantom Penguin at 6:48PM, Oct. 7, 2006
(offline)
Kill frenzy
"equinox"
Lots of soldiers died all because one man wanted to rule the world.quote]

Hitler didnt want to rule the world he wanted what he saw as an aryan europe for aryans if you knew anything about nazi idealology you would be in a position to talk but your not so go read meinkampf and then hang out with some skinheads then you can come back and talk about hitler and the nazis

Wrong.

Hitler's goals were to rid the earth of all “non- ayrans”. And take over all parts of the world and give them to “Ayrans”
SheaSummers at 3:56AM, Oct. 8, 2006
(offline)
Well, here's an interesting fact. Over the course of George's presidency, he has challenged about 800 laws. The other 42 Presidents challenged about 600 laws… all together.

George is also trying so hard to work with people he likes, he is even putting our lives at risk in the process. He is saying that the head of FEMA doesn't need to have 5 years experience in the field because George feels “THIS RULES OUT TOO MANY PEOPLE”. Ummm, isn't that the point of having these types of restrictions? To weed out the under qualified people?

George is also pardoning himself and his party for any wrong doings during the course of his presidency. So that means from 9/11 until he feels the war on terror is over, he can do what he feels without having to answer to anyone.

George isn't the sharpest knife in the cabinet. He doesn't realize that there will always be terror as long as there is emotions within us, and anything that envokes fear is a cause of terror. I fear what's going on in Iraq to all the children. I fear being searched without a reason. I fear my fiance getting searched and arrested because she carries a large set of large knives (she's a chef). The government is putting terror in me and many others. Maybe George is smart and realizes that you can't stop terror so it gives him the green light to do whatever he pleases and any other President that follows to do what they want without a problem.

George isn't evil. He is misguided. He is an idiot. He is also slowly becoming a dictator. I wouldn't be surprised if he changes the constitution to let him stay for more terms.

George has great potential to very well become evil.

Fear George.

For George fears non.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:33PM
ccs1989 at 4:24PM, Oct. 9, 2006
(online)
And when anyone asks about all those laws that Bush has challenged, or that maybe not allowing any non-US citizens the right of Habeius Corpus is wrong, or that the US army is doing things over in the Middle East that will ruin our relations with the rest of the world for years to come, the administration just says “9/11 Changed Everything.”

That's a very dangerous mantra.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
SheaSummers at 11:24PM, Oct. 9, 2006
(offline)
ccs1989
not allowing any non-US citizens the right of Habeius Corpus is wrong

Actually, that's what they're “saying”, however, there have been cases of several Legal Citizens of America with Middle Eastern or South Asian descent who have been arrested without a reason. These guys were usually the every day mosque going crowd, for I know a few of their heartbroken families that have either not heard anything from them yet… or finally saw them after months of “dissapearing”.

Scary shit, huh?
SheaSummers at 11:24PM, Oct. 9, 2006
(offline)
By the way, I'm Muslim (half white, half south asian) and thankfully I don't look it or else I'd be in some serious trouble here (I live by 2 mosques, and even though I don't attend them, I pass by them from and to school, work, etc.)
Comicmasta at 3:25AM, Oct. 10, 2006
(offline)
I did not have sex with that woman……I wanted to

(lol, i wanna see that movie)
i have been brought back….The Boanitia..grrrrr…..Must find Super Jesus!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:43AM
subcultured at 2:55PM, Oct. 13, 2006
(online)
hitler was evil smart, bush is just a dumbass. if there is a hitler..it's the people that's controlling bush's action. mainly big business.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:00PM
SheaSummers at 4:09PM, Oct. 14, 2006
(offline)
Comicmasta
I did not have sex with that woman……I wanted to

(lol, i wanna see that movie)

If Clinton had said that, I think that might have made him more popular!
Zenstrive at 7:56PM, Oct. 20, 2006
(online)
Bush is more evil than hitler. He kills people in the name of god of oil. Hitler kills people in the name of his nation and the need to gain resources.

Bush drags a nation into fascism and paranoia, while Hitler drives his nation into pride and modernization (all those tanks and ROCKETS!!)

Hitler was a prominent orator, while Bush is just whiney lackey.

Hitler does great thing by conquering Europe with tangible reasons, while all of Bush doing is killing more people than 9/11 ever did with reasons that are as realistic as Santa Claus and Tooth fairy.

Hitler's evil? He kills too many unnecessary people.

Dubya's evil? Being moronic and still able to control the most feared military in the world.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:55PM
Gamers Anonymous at 10:01PM, Oct. 20, 2006
(online)
Tater Salad
I miss Bill Clinton.

He was hated almost as much as Bush, and all he did was get sucked off at work.

Oh yeah, Clinton was a GREAT President. Let's all praise the man responsible for NAFTA, the agreement that says, “Hey companies, wanna move all your factories to Mexico? You get cheaper labor, and you get to export everything back over to the U.S. tax free!”

Besides also personally calling off two assassination attempts on Osama Bin Laden….and several other screwups he made…..yeah, I don't like Clinton. He was a terrible President.

SpANG
What's paranoid about that? FACT: Bush's approval rating is in the toilet. FACT: Republican candidates ARE distancing themselves from him. How else could the republican party get another one in the white house?

Your blindness frightens me. Because you represent the majority of people that don't even see what's in front of their face.

.: SpANG! :.

His rating is in the dive, is it? How many people are polled in getting said approval ratings…..about 1100. How does the opinion of 1100 people reflect that of 300 million? It doesn't.

Zenstrive
Bush is more evil than hitler. He kills people in the name of god of oil. Hitler kills people in the name of his nation and the need to gain resources.

Bush drags a nation into fascism and paranoia, while Hitler drives his nation into pride and modernization (all those tanks and ROCKETS!!)

Hitler was a prominent orator, while Bush is just whiney lackey.

Hitler does great thing by conquering Europe with tangible reasons, while all of Bush doing is killing more people than 9/11 ever did with reasons that are as realistic as Santa Claus and Tooth fairy.

Hitler's evil? He kills too many unnecessary people.

Dubya's evil? Being moronic and still able to control the most feared military in the world.

Kills in the name of oil. How many liberals must I hear say that? Who do we get most of our oil from? There are six countries that we get more oil from than Iraq (Iraq providing MAYBE 8% of the yearly total). Among those are Canada, Mexico, and Venezuela. Hmmm….if we invaded just for oil, I think it would have made far more sense to attack one of those countries.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:32PM
ozoneocean at 4:53AM, Oct. 21, 2006
(online)
Gamers Anonymous
Kills in the name of oil. How many liberals must I hear say that? Who do we get most of our oil from? There are six countries that we get more oil from than Iraq (Iraq providing MAYBE 8% of the yearly total). Among those are Canada, Mexico, and Venezuela. Hmmm….if we invaded just for oil, I think it would have made far more sense to attack one of those countries.
This is where your argument shoots itself in the balls.
The FACT is that Iraq has one of THE largest oil reserves in the WORLD. Probably much larger than Canada, Mexico, and Venezuela put together and multiplied by 6… And with the invasion, instillation of the puppet government, the construction of the colonial fortress ‘embassy’, and the entrenched US forces over there, they have unrestricted access to that massive supply. It's GUARANTEED!
Do you know what that means? It's as if the US just discovered a massive new oilfield in the Arizona desert or something. The US basically now OWNS Iraq's oil.

The Saudis, Iran, Kuwait, and Venezuela are living on borrowed time now… At least that's one of the Bush Administration's hopes. With control in Iraq, all the countries that had power over the US because of the energy supply, will loose it. But only if the US can stabilise things over there, which looks less and less likely at the moment…

The Bush Administration is certainly evil, stupid and facist… They've borrowed and learned many techniques from the Nazis, but I don't see any Auschwitz's.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:24PM
Lsnewton at 8:54AM, Oct. 21, 2006
(online)
Bush is an idiot and a terrible president, with numerous extremely questionable/immoral policies, but Hitler he is not.

When he attempts mass genocide, slaughters countless millions of innocent men, women and children in horrific gas chambers and death camps purely out of racism and a twisted sense of ‘purity’ and racial cleansing, then gains control over the media to program the majority of the United states to agree with him, shoots anyone who disagrees with him or makes negative comments about his practises, and starts the largest war in history, THEN we can start making comparisons.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:48PM
Gamers Anonymous at 12:19PM, Oct. 21, 2006
(online)
ozoneocean
Gamers Anonymous
This is where your argument shoots itself in the balls.
The FACT is that Iraq has one of THE largest oil reserves in the WORLD. Probably much larger than Canada, Mexico, and Venezuela put together and multiplied by 6… And with the invasion, instillation of the puppet government, the construction of the colonial fortress ‘embassy’, and the entrenched US forces over there, they have unrestricted access to that massive supply. It's GUARANTEED!
Do you know what that means? It's as if the US just discovered a massive new oilfield in the Arizona desert or something. The US basically now OWNS Iraq's oil.

The Saudis, Iran, Kuwait, and Venezuela are living on borrowed time now… At least that's one of the Bush Administration's hopes. With control in Iraq, all the countries that had power over the US because of the energy supply, will loose it. But only if the US can stabilise things over there, which looks less and less likely at the moment…

The Bush Administration is certainly evil, stupid and facist… They've borrowed and learned many techniques from the Nazis, but I don't see any Auschwitz's.

I believe you have shot your own argument in the balls.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0872964.html

Three countries with oil reserves larger including Canada. The three directly underneath Iraq only just smaller. If we attacked for the singular purpose of gaining oil, it would have made much more sense to attack one of those countries.

Besides, we have our own large stock of oil, but because of liberals and tree-hugging environmentalists, we can't use them. Oh, the many oil rigs off the Gulf and California that have been closed because some douchebag screamed, “OMG DOLPHIN!”
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:32PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved