Random Discussion

C Me Dance
Custard Trout at 4:52AM, April 8, 2009
(offline)
I still can't work out if this a joke or not.

The best part is the ‘marketing note’ under the synopsis.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
ozoneocean at 5:07AM, April 8, 2009
(online)
lol

Looks real to me. The earnest bad acting reminds me of the earnest, yet dull performances that Christian rock groups give. Yep, I'd say it's real. And I'd say a lot of “church” money went into it.

Plan 9 from the ballet school!
Except there's no Tor Johnson this time. :(

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
subcultured at 5:40AM, April 8, 2009
(online)
lol
fail
the dad is so pudgy
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
HippieVan at 7:12AM, April 8, 2009
(online)
Maybe this was some activity where some Christian youth group decided they wanted to make a movie or something, and all their parents and the church were like “oooh how darling!” and made it happen.

By the way, did anyone read the guidelines for their “essay contest?”

Someone
1. Having seen the movie “C ME DANCE,” write an essay telling how the theme of the movie
relates to your own beliefs and experiences. If possible, connect the theme to a specific
personal experience you have had in your own life.

NOTE: this essay should NOT be a critique of the movie, any of its details or plot points;
rather, it should be an introspective look at how it parallels your own life, beliefs, experiences,
etc.

Because who CAN'T relate to this movie? Yeah, there was totally that time that my mom died and then I got a disease and god gave me special powers and I had to fight the devil!
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Have a comic milestone, a community project or some comic-related news you’d like to see in
a newspost? Send it to me via PQ or at hippievannews(at)gmail.com!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
ozoneocean at 7:47AM, April 8, 2009
(online)
Yeah, that's the trouble. Biblical literalism is depressing. :(

If Christians treated the books of the bible intellectually as works of historical literature and that's what actually being a Christian was about, that'd be really cool!
Of course some do, but for most that's not the case. And that's why you get movies like that.

Remember- you can tell evil by it's funny looking contact lenses. ;)
And the devil looks like a shitty Buffy/Bewitched villain.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
lba at 11:41AM, April 8, 2009
(online)
That first shot of the “devil” looks remarkably familiar. Kind of like a stairway not far from where I live. It would be a little weird to find out this is from anywhere near me.

The synopsis is hilarious though.

“she is given the power to bring people to god with absolutely no effort at all.”

Suddenly she's gone from “kid with lupus/AIDS and extreme anger at God” to being the second coming and a demonic power stopping superhero to boot.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 2:45PM, April 8, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
Remember- you can tell evil by it's funny looking contact lenses. ;)
What, the shaved eyebrows didn't set off any flags?
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
Wordweaver_three at 5:11AM, April 9, 2009
(online)
Sooooooo she's like Xavier if he decided to force people to love Jesus? The “no effort at all” part really seemed simplistic and stupid. It just sorta cheapens what faith is supposed to be about.

That's got to be a joke, who would make such a travesty and carry on like it's some important work? Of course, there are some goofballs out there.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved