Random Discussion

Calculate Your God Delusion Index
herio at 4:20PM, Feb. 3, 2008
(online)
i got 665 hay i like to think there something but im not shaw why or how it all works i like to think there is a god mocking as all and finds it funny that we ask for help and some times helps for the lols

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
LoveandGuns at 4:58PM, Feb. 3, 2008
(offline)
665, apparently I'm highly deluded.

I also had a dream about some man who claimed he was ‘God’ and there was a female who had long brown hair and a beautiful body spoke to me with this way that I felt I was being given information that was important to remember. I wrote it down somewhere, but I don't know where.

Anyways, the dream ended up in disaster because after he was done speaking to me I ended up with horrific nightmares during the rest of the night.

Makes you wonder though, can there be two spiritual beings, instead of one God?

Anyways, now that I have made you all think I'm crazy, I'll be taking my leave~.
K.A.L.A-dan! Ill Girl *coughs*
The Official Mother/Therapist of KALA-dan!

http://loveandguns90.deviantart.com/
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:46PM
Chernobog at 5:48PM, Feb. 3, 2008
(offline)
L+G: Unless I'm mistaken, the idea of polytheism has historically existed much longer than monotheism.

I tried to take this, but his high school proctor voice puts me to sleep.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
LoveandGuns at 6:05PM, Feb. 3, 2008
(offline)
Chernobog
L+G: Unless I'm mistaken, the idea of polytheism has historically existed much longer than monotheism.

I tried to take this, but his high school proctor voice puts me to sleep.

Well, of course, but you can still sound a bit crazy if you were to talk about dreaming or seeing multiple beings instead of one particular God or Prophet (or one for that matter). Yet, even if you were to have a conversation to anyone about having the chance to speak to a higher spiritual (may it be good or evil) being than you could be ridiculed.

All I was suggesting that I know I might sound crazy due to I just basically stated I spoke to something beyond this realm, not that it couldn't be possible of two beings instead of one to exist. Lawl.

Sorry he put you to sleep, but I thought he sounded like a Richard Dawkins fan to be honest. :p

K.A.L.A-dan! Ill Girl *coughs*
The Official Mother/Therapist of KALA-dan!

http://loveandguns90.deviantart.com/
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:46PM
kyupol at 7:37PM, Feb. 3, 2008
(online)
I scored 1495.

However I do not consider myself “highly deluded”.

How can you be 'normal' if you see reality as only that which exists through your senses? What can be seen, felt, touched, smelled, and tasted? Physical reality in other words. Does it mean that just because something is not in physical reality it does not exist? Think of it like fish in a bowl. They see the sand, see that oxygen tube, and see the room where the bowl is placed. Sometimes the hand that drops the food into their bowl. The fish think that the bowl is the whole world. But is the earth the size of the fish tank and the room where the fish perceives its reality?

There is still uncharted territory out there.

I believe in God. I also believe in the ability of the human being. Every creation is part of the creator. And every human's purpose in existence is to evolve themselves spiritually with the ultimate goal of joining the God / supreme being / prime creator.

However there is not only one way or one religion to do it. In fact, I believe that one can attain that goal through meditation and prayer directly to God. One does not need the help of an organized religion to do that. However if you need an organized religion to motivate you, so be it.

There are many different paths to complete spiritual evolution and the eventual union with the creator.

Fine diss me on this. Call me a whackjob, crackpot, insane, lunatic, whatever.

I do not change my beliefs because of shaming language.

NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
Custard Trout at 10:32PM, Feb. 3, 2008
(offline)
kyupol
I scored 1495.

What's your point? Someone who scores over a million points wouldn't consider themselves completely batshit, even thought they obviously are.

I got zero! Now I have earned the respect of a man who I neither know nor care about, my life is complete.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:00PM
therealtj at 11:51PM, Feb. 3, 2008
(online)
I don't think I'm “Unfit For Sosciety” just because I'm Christain O_O

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:27PM
Kohdok at 12:38AM, Feb. 4, 2008
(online)
I got 35, because I believe in some supernatural forces, just not universe-altering ones.

I don't know if you can get Zero unless you really try.

The last two questions were obviously aimed at Evangelical Christians.

At least nobody's scored the highest ranking and admitted it yet.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
Merrywhite Jenkins at 9:19AM, Feb. 4, 2008
(offline)
I'm a 10.
All I'd like is proof, really. I'm well aware of the fact that evidence is the antithesis of faith, but that just doesn't sit well with me.

…also…BATSHIT CRAZY! XD

kyupol

Actually, your post was pretty sound. Can't call you on anything, there.
deviantArt. Osu!
K.A.L.A.-dan! Mascot! OSU!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
Exzachly at 4:51PM, Feb. 7, 2008
(online)
kyupol
How can you be 'normal' if you see reality as only that which exists through your senses? What can be seen, felt, touched, smelled, and tasted? Physical reality in other words. Does it mean that just because something is not in physical reality it does not exist?

Uhm… well, yes. We usually don't assume something exist unless we have some reliable evidence of its existence, to get that evidence requires observation. For example: If you tell me you have a pet dinosaur, I'd want to see it before I believe you. That's natural.

Now say you tell me the dinosaur is cloaked in alien technology, it can't be seen or heard or felt. In fact, no human measurement can detect it. Since it can't be observed, I can't really prove or disprove its existence. According to your logic, I should believe that that alien dinosaur is in the room, just because I can't disprove it.

Point is: just because nobody can disprove that there's a undetectable spiritual presence out there doesn't mean that its reasonable to assume that there is. The reasonable thing to do is to disbelieve (or in the language of the scientific method, to adopt the null hypothesis). the invisible dino thing may sound a bit unfair, but really the logical lapse is exactly the same.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
TheFallen at 10:35PM, Feb. 7, 2008
(offline)
I got a 290 on the test, lol. i dont see myself at all delusional. lol i think my bf actually read that book though, The God Delusion.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
Neilsama at 10:44PM, Feb. 7, 2008
(online)
Custard Trout
I got zero! Now I have earned the respect of a man who I neither know nor care about, my life is complete.
There should be a preface on this quiz that states “If you do not believe in the spiritual/supernatural world in any way, just award yourself zero right now.”. …But then, I guess this quiz wasn't made for me. Or more to the point, if you say no to the very first question, you might as well just stop right there.

kyupol
I scored 1495.

Of course not. You think that the supernatural world is real. Therefore, you've made your first step toward rejecting the context for all base assumptions that the physical universe provides for you. You're trying to circumvent this by making assumptions indendently. And you don't see the absurdity?

kyupol
How can you be 'normal' if you see reality as only that which exists through your senses? What can be seen, felt, touched, smelled, and tasted? Physical reality in other words. Does it mean that just because something is not in physical reality it does not exist? Think of it like fish in a bowl. They see the sand, see that oxygen tube, and see the room where the bowl is placed. Sometimes the hand that drops the food into their bowl. The fish think that the bowl is the whole world. But is the earth the size of the fish tank and the room where the fish perceives its reality?
I call this the “brain in the jar” argument. The idea is that you're isolated from the outside (as a brain in a jar) and therefore your only recourse in consideration of the outside world is to speculate. And somehow a greater understanding is attained from this.

Of course, this is not really an argument. It's just some zen crap that is entertained by people who are silly enough to think that The Matrix is a deep and philosophical movie. The idea is that you can only attain greater understanding by considering that which you have no particular reason to consider.

What you're trying to suggest that since there are things beyond our physical capacity to detect, it is therefore reasonable to believe in things for which we have no knowledge. In other words, nonsense. This is called the argument from ignorance. You've taken the limitations of human understanding, as if it's a crime to be non-omniscient, and used it as an excuse to believe ANYTHING.

You might as well believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Your fishbowl analogy falls apart the moment you consider that the world outside the fishbowl is no less of a physical part of the universe than that within. And it's perfectly within the fish's ability to experience this outside world, in all of its harsh, non-aquatic glory, much in the same way a spacewalker could experience the harsh vaccuum of space by doing so without his spacesuit. Somehow, I doubt either experience would be supernatural.

It's also an insulting analogy, as the fish doesn't even have the mental capacity to THINK, and therefore his ability to explore outside his world is immediately hindered by the fact that HE'S A FISH! In situations involving one's ability to perceive his environment, a human is not analogous to a fish.

Yes, there are things that are beyond our capacity to know, but the point is that we don't know what we don't know. We can't make assumptions from the margins of human knowledge.

kyupol
I believe in God. I also believe in the ability of the human being. Every creation is part of the creator. And every human's purpose in existence is to evolve themselves spiritually with the ultimate goal of joining the God / supreme being / prime creator.

However there is not only one way or one religion to do it. In fact, I believe that one can attain that goal through meditation and prayer directly to God. One does not need the help of an organized religion to do that. However if you need an organized religion to motivate you, so be it.
You have no idea how elitist that sounds to a person of deep faith. Someone with greater religious conviction would take you to task for what you just said. A Christian philosopher would rightfully point you to the passage that states that his faith is the one true way to God, and you would have no choice but to say (or imply) that his beliefs are wrong, because you just said that there is no one true way.

Now, I tell Christians that their beliefs are wrong all the time, but I at least have the courage not to patronize them.

kyupol

Dude, come on. I've seen the way people respond to you, and they're not just dissing you. They're trying to explain to you why your worldview is nonsense. Don't put up a defense mechanism. All you're doing is sticking your fingers in your ears by refusing to change your views.

And it isn't possible for you to stagnate in your beliefs anyway. The real world is a context for which the human mind derives all base assumptions. If we actually tried to live in this world without changing our beliefs, we would be rendered immediately catatonic the moment we encountered something unexpected.

Since you are here and you are a functioning member of society, I don't think you're insane at all. …But you are justifying insanity.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:10PM
Dr3wdub at 1:51AM, Feb. 8, 2008
(online)
I scored a ten. i believe that there might be a being or force or something might have made the universe but who knows? theres no way to prove it or disprove it and in the end, to me, it doesnt really matter.

Oooh! A religious descusion! This seems like a perfect time to pull out the Hell Question! I always ask this to shut people up when theyre talking about their religions and i usually only get blank stares or a BS anwser that doesnt anwser my question.Kinda funny actually.

The question is simple. What is the downside to going to hell? You cant possibly burn since all of your nerves would be on your body so your “soul” would feel no pain. That also rules out fear, regret, or saddness (all in your brain!). So what would be the downside? Would you even know that youre there when you get there?

“I'm having Deja Vu and Amnesia at the same time. I have a strange feeling I've forgotten all of this before.”

^Link to the best web comic I've ever read!!!(not mine btw)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:14PM
BriannaV at 6:15PM, Feb. 8, 2008
(offline)
I got 5
=]
<3
God damn stick~
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved