Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Calibrate Your Monitor
parkbenchbook at 3:39PM, May 27, 2009
(offline)
Seriously. I re-colored a page yesterday and it had these nice, rich, black borders. I peeked at it at work and there were all kinds of whites and grays squiggling around. I didn't use any fancy software; I just adjusted via system preferences and now I can see what I saw on the (better) monitor at work. I wanted to share because it was like having a veil taken away. I thought I'd done this wonderful art and anyone on the whole, wide internet would probably have seen something completely different.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
skoolmunkee at 2:46AM, May 28, 2009
(online)
Yup, everyone should adjust the gamma on their monitors. There are websites that will tell you how, and Adobe comes with something called Adobe Gamma that can do it too. It involves looking at a calibrated image and adjusting your brightness and contrast to get the desired result.

As laptop screens can't adjust contrast though, those guys are out of luck. :[
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
parkbenchbook at 5:44PM, May 28, 2009
(offline)
Thanks for supporting my PSA, skoolmunkee.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
Aurora Borealis at 7:03PM, May 28, 2009
(online)
That's rather nearly impossible on my screen. It's pretty old, so the shade of the colors changes depending on what neighboring color is next to it. Plus they change depending on whether it was just turned on or working for couple of hours.

Plus, I know that my colors are set a little to dark, but if I set them brighter, the screen starts to function as a second heater.

I do have instead a couple of presets in nvidia's color correction with various brightness/gamma settings, so I can look at stuff in various ways.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved